Revell 1/28 Fokker Dr1 and yes it's red!

Hi Folk's and happy new year,I'm kicking of this year with a real oldie 1957 to be correct.My youngest asked what I

wanted for Christmas and being a "poor" student this fit the bill they're all over at low prices,anyway it has been a

real fun build and minimal rigging too.I used three shades of red to try and give it a bit of depth but ran out of rattle

can matt coat had to brush on Humbrol matt which dries more silky I will spray it when the LMS re-opens,final touch

was to gloss the cowling and tone down the white with Tamiya smoke.Many thank's for looking in.

20210102_140936

20210102_140958

20210102_140924

20210102_140906

20210102_140839

20210102_140849

20210102_140829

20210102_140810

20210102_140735

• Like 33

This classic kit looks splendid in all-red! Very nice model. I didn't know that it's from 1957 (a high-quality kit in those times). I built mine back in 1982 - green camo in my case, not the Red Baron look.

• Like 1

Those 1/28 Revell kits were cracking in their day even if in a scale that didn’t really catch on. If I recall there were the 2 Fokkers, the Camel and the Spad XIII. 

Lovely job on the Triplane Steve. Wish my one had turned out anything like as good back in my bedroom building days in 19** (censored). I found rigging them easy - just didnt bother at first, then raided my mums sewing box for grey thread. 

Your paint job looks good. Hope you post some once you get the final finish done. 

Minor criticism-  according to my drawings references shouldn’t there be a beagle in there somewhere. Curses Red Baron! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Those 1/28 Revell kits were cracking in their day even if in a scale that didn’t really catch on

Thanks John,I'ts a great scale for these bi-planes they're still out there as original's and the many re-issues I think the Camel was the

least liked of the four the Spad I think I'll have a crack at someday.

• Like 1

nice depiction of the 'red'

however;  the control horns on the elevators are supposed to be on the elevators themselves, not ahead on the h-stab, and your control cables are exiting from where the handholds were on the bottom of the fuselage.   Stands out like a sore thumb

Cheers, Tony

4 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

steve can confirm but afair those faults are faults within the old Revel instructions and the kit itself

nope, look on scalemates.com and the instructions are there;  they do not show what steve re-imagined.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/4/5/7/111457-54-instructions.pdf

Cheers, Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony Edmundson said:

nice depiction of the 'red'

however;  the control horns on the elevators are supposed to be on the elevators themselves, not ahead on the h-stab, and your control cables are exiting from where the handholds were on the bottom of the fuselage.   Stands out like a sore thumb

Cheers, Tony

Yes Thank's Tony I see it now,I'm heading to the LMS for the matt coat thankfully I still have the box and sprues so I'll correct it

and re-do the photos later in the week.Cheer's.

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Yes Thank's Tony I see it now,I'm heading to the LMS for the matt coat thankfully I still have the box and sprues so I'll correct it

and re-do the photos later in the week.Cheer's.

Good Luck Steve,  I'm a transplanted Mackem, been in Canada since '66

Tony

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Good Luck Steve,  I'm a transplanted Mackem, been in Canada since '66

Thank's Tony,I'm off there tomorrow my eldest lives next to Mowbray park, you wouldn't recognise the place now It's changed even since

I worked there back in the eighties!

• Like 1