1/48 - Junkers Ju-187 Super Stuka by Amusing Hobby - 3D renders - release in ?

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Junkers Ju-187 Super Stuka by Amusing Hobby - in design - release in 2021 ?

Unlike Me 262 HG.III, this is another case of poor research where every German paper project, no matter when concieved, and more importantly cancelled is labelled as Luft'46 subject.

Real Stuka or better Fw190F-8/9 post 1946 ground attack replacement was Henschel 132, one prototype built and fell into Soviet hands, 

with prone pilot position being replaced with 

highly reclined ejection seat, Hs 132 is a real project that could have entered production, Ju 187 being cancelled in 1943.

• Like 3

According to Wikipedia the tail would be rotated inverted to give the gunner a better field of fire if encountering enemy fighters. Quite how that would affect handling as that operation was performed I can’t imagine. 

It would lend a whole new experience following on a gunners shout of “Fighter, corkscrew port go” 

• Like 1

Wiki is a bit misleading in their description. The tail surface would not rotate around the roll axis but move up and down around the pitch axis in the horizontal plane. I would imagine that could work.

Anyway, I really like these paper projects Amusing Hobby is doing in 1/48 and applaud them. I already have their Triebflügel (which is very nicely priced too) and they will get my money for every single one of them.

Cheers

Markus

Edited by Shorty84
  • Like 1

The reaction to this release surprises me.  

Although the Ju.187 was never built, it was a serious project from  major company, seeking to design a modern replacement for the iconic but slow Ju87 Stuka

As a model it allows people to see this design in 3D rather than just drawings or photos. Surely that is one of the things modelling is about.

Although its not a model I will buy ( as I dislike he design)  non-the-less I feel pleased that it has become available for those those that want one.

Surely with any obscure model, that's the attitude we should have - hooray for the lucky folks whose prayers have been answered 

If you want to knock 'wasted resources'  - the infinite repetition of Bf109, Mustangs, Spitfires, would be a better target, when there are plenty of good kits already available  ? 

I don't want to start a debate on that (its been done before).

Personally I am interested in SOME of the German projects, such as the Me,262 HG.III which was actively being developed. Along with types such as the Bv.P215 which had reached the stage of detailed design.  I am not generally interested in many of the 'project designs'  which were really paper studies/comparisons as the designers felt their way towards a viable design. Many of these were never going to be built.  However, thats a personal thing and I have no problem with models of these types

The only things I do feel are a waste of time, are spurious models of variants invented by kit producers that never existed even as paper designs - ie   The Me262 HGIV - it never existed  the crescent shaped Horten fighter with ramjets at the tips and many me. Sadly some modellers assume they are 'real' just because a kit exists.

Vive Ia difference !

PauI

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Junkers Ju-187 Super Stuka by Amusing Hobby - 3D renders - release in ?