Sd. Kfz 251/1 Tamiya 1/35

This is the third AFV model I have made. I have got to a sticky patch with the kit I am building at the moment and so have been distracted by this half track.
As far as I can see this kit is a 45 year old kit and it is very simple.  I have made it straight out of  the box with stores.  very enjoyable build   

Sdkfz 251/2

Sdkfz251/1

Sdkfz 251/1 4

• Like 26

There is a lot to be said about these old kits, yes they don't have all the bells and whistles of the newer kits.When i was a young lad in the 1970s ,these were the kits everyone wanted ,and if you wanted to add extras to the kit you had to make them yourself out of anything to hand .You have done a fantastic job on the old girl ,well done 👏

• Thanks 1

Thank you Bush and Homer, I am new to building armoured vehicles but not modelling and so I have seen these kits around since I too was young. 
I bought this mail order for £20 including postage and so decided to have a go. It is a very simple kit and exactly what I was looking for to develop skills.  It has been very enjoyable using all the weathering mate and techniques.   
I have enjoyed it so much I now have the Tamiya 1/35 Sdk.fz 223 armoured car to build.  👍🏻

• Like 1

Thank you John, it was a good opportunity to load up the vehicle with everything!  Photos that I have seen show them with so much stuff on them.

Sdkfz 250

Here is a colour photo from the time with the crew giving their vehicle a posed wash down.   

• Like 2

Thank you all for the feed back and I have learnt a lot from this kit - have a more modern Dragon kit of the same vehicle so I will have a go at this when I have completed my Tamiya sdkfz 223.  
I am not too happy with the spare wheel on this as it too large. The stores and sandbags look a bit large too, so I may have a go at making my own.  
The tracks on this old kit are awful but I didn’t want to splash out on the metal set.  I have now glued the tracks down on to the top of the road wheels to try and represent the characteristic sag.  

I found one of these on Amazon warehouse at just over eleven pounds so put it in the basket.

I looked the next day and they said they'd lost that one, so here was another at fourteen odd pounds. 

Pressed cancel! I'll do without for now. Customer service? Yeah right.

• Like 1