HMS Portchester Castle

21 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Beefy - I'm liking the base - suitably dynamic :coolio:

Rob

17 hours ago, GMK said:

Great work, Beefy! Exquisite details combined with dynamic presentation. 

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Great work on the weathering and loving the base

43 minutes ago, Bobs_Buckles said:

Looking nice, Beefy! 😉

I can see the pup from ere!

spacer.png

Von B 

Well thank you kindly Gent's

First Aid Refresher course today so managed to skive off finish work early. :whistle:

So got some more of the base done and hope to get the bow wave done tomorrow after another early finish.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 10

OK so a bit more work on the bow wave for those of you who have been at sea for a living does this look right before I go further.  :hmmm:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 6

Well nearly there few small bits to fit the port dinghy and handling winches for the depth charges and a few touch ups

Been fitting rails and the single Orelikons and main gun

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 5

Looking good, beefy! :yes:

Do you have any tips for painting the hand rails, e.g the white stanchions vs the black railings?  Regina will be my first with 1/350 PE handrails.  I think I'll need all the help I can get for fitting/gluing & painting them.

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnWS said:

Looking good, beefy! :yes:

Do you have any tips for painting the hand rails, e.g the white stanchions vs the black railings?  Regina will be my first with 1/350 PE handrails.  I think I'll need all the help I can get for fitting/gluing & painting them.

John

Hi John for the railings I paint them on the PE fret good primer coat them matt black and the stanchions get brush painted with an 4/O brush to fit them I use the same method as @robgizlu small dab of CA to get them lined up and then run a thin coat of Gator Grip along the base line HTH

12 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Very tasty :thumbsup:

Stay safe Kev

Cheers Kev my cooking is coming along a treat as well  😋

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Hi John for the railings I paint them on the PE fret good primer coat them matt black and the stanchions get brush painted with an 4/O brush to fit them I use the same method as @robgizlu small dab of CA to get them lined up and then run a thin coat of Gator Grip along the base line HTH

Thanks to you & Rob, beefy!  Much appreciated.

John

• Like 2

John - the only amendement tiny as it is from what Beefy has written - is to paint the "wire" a grey black which to my mind looks more convincing - My go -to paints are Vallejo Model air 71055 and/or 71056.  Black Grey and panzer Dark grey respectively.

Rob

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

John - the only amendement tiny as it is from what Beefy has written - is to paint the "wire" a grey black which to my mind looks more convincing - My go -to paints are Vallejo Model air 71055 and/or 71056.  Black Grey and panzer Dark grey respectively.

Rob

Got it!  Thanks Rob.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2021 at 20:04, beefy66 said:

OK so a bit more work on the bow wave for those of you who have been at sea for a living does this look right before I go further.  :hmmm:

Beefy, That looks pretty convincing to me, especially as it gets back around the bridge area.  With that hull shape I might have expected the bow wave to rise more steeply at the bow, then drop back into what you have there but it's very dependent upon ship speed, sea state and swell.  Looking at the wake, it appears that she's not travelling that fast so the bow wave is created more from the bow slamming down as a result of the swell rather than the physical force of the ship driving through the water and under those circumstances the bow wave is much less predictable.  I think there's a danger now if you tried to modify it that it would end up looking less realistic so personally I'd leave as is.  Hope that helps

• Thanks 1