Alfa Romeo Alfa Sud, Heller 1/43

30 minutes ago, rs2man said:

Another Heller masterpiece from Mr Bacon . 

Indeed - I've always been a fan of Heller's classic car kits & it is great to see so many being built on this forum!  The more I look at these two, the more I realise how impressive both the original kits and also Matt's building of them are.

How about their Range Rover 2 door to go with the XJS?  😎

• Thanks 1

Lordy, memories rekindled of proper cars.  You know, the ones that wouldn't start when it was cold and a journey of a couple of hundred miles meant checking your AA/RAC membership before you set off; days of isopon and kurust!  Mint model Matt (pun intended).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Natter said:

You know, the ones that wouldn't start when it was cold

I owned a 'sud from new and it never liked cool (or cold, for tat matter) damp days. Just wouldn't start. I think it was the distributor was plonked on the top of the mill near the back and all the crud just accumulated on it through daily use.

Still loved the car and still my all-time favourite of all the cars I have owned...

Cheers,

Alan.

Edited by Alan R
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alan R said:

I owned a 'sud from new and it never liked cool (or cold, for tat matter) damp days. Just wouldn't start. I think it was the distributor was plonked on the top of the mill near the back and all the crud just accumulated on it through daily use.

Still loved the car and still my all-time favourite of all the cars I have owned...

I also had one nearly-new as my first car in 1982 or thereabouts. One of the first upgrades I did was to install electronic ignition (which I vaguely recall that I made from an electronics kit !!) - but it was utterly reliable and never let me down ( apart from a sticking starter motor).

Regarding the model, it’s a lovely colour (in fact I’m sure I have an original Sud brochure which features the actual car in the same green shade) - and I also particularly love the number plate, although to nit-pick I’m fairly sure by the time that A-reg came around the actual car had been updated to have a rear opening hatchback (not a boot lid) and some other minor cosmetic differences.

oh, and it’s also my all-time favourite, despite owning Golf GTi’s and BMW 5’s since.

Edited by sennapod
Minor updates
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2021 at 12:29 AM, sennapod said:

One of the first upgrades I did was to install electronic ignition (which I vaguely recall that I made from an electronics kit !!)

I should have done that, but my electronics skills have always been sketchy at best!

Cheers,

Alan.

• Haha 1