Revell/ Heller 1/72 CL-415

I sprayed the model with Tamiya fine white surface primer (rattle can) then acrylic white and finally with Tamiya lacquer gloss white, much masking to do yet to get the green stripes on the engines etc. as well as remove a seam on the nose before the flat black goes on.

7uoXPCk.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 5

It's a bit of a mundane topic compared to the fighters and jets on here...but it's progressing.

I used a ton of masking tape and had a devil of a time getting that tape to stay down with all the rivets (A smarter man would have sanded them off)

aJJKWOc.jpg

F6Qwzh4.jpg

gj7c7dA.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 7

I have added most of the decals I'm going to use, to be honest the Revell kit decals are junk! they're out of register and made of... cardboard. I struggled my way through getting some in place but the multi colored ones failed me and almost got the whole project pitched into the garbage. A walk away and a cup of coffee sorted out the mood and I pulled off the Revell decals, masked and painted the important ones (others will be left off) the Heller Saskatchewan decals given me by a friend who wasn't using them worked perfectly.

0CN7wtW.jpg

f5vDbtR.jpg

JWvFEmY.jpg

Rant over back to building

Thanks for looking

• Like 7

Nice!  This is hardly "mundane" fare amidst all the other models of military aircraft.  It's really striking!  But oh, that yellow plastic!  I understand Heller's "rationale," but still--I can see images of it even after I close my eyes.  Excellent job in covering that over.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nice!  This is hardly "mundane" fare amidst all the other models of military aircraft.  It's really striking!  But oh, that yellow plastic!  I understand Heller's "rationale," but still--I can see images of it even after I close my eyes.  Excellent job in covering that over.

True, before I primed and painted the model i could see the yellow plastic glowing in the dark across the hall from the bedroom at night.

• Haha 2