1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by X-Scale Models - DC-8-30 & 53 srs released

Homebee

Eastern Express from Russia was to release 1/144th Douglas DC-8 kits. As result from the war going on this project is now taken over by the Ukrainian Eastern Express subcontractor X-Scale Models.

Source: http://www.pas-decals.ru/forum/novosti/1078-novinki-vostochnyj-ekspress?start=621#39553

Box art

30b87837877c4f64f49606f93598dad6.jpg

Source: http://www.pas-decals.ru/forum/novosti/1078-novinki-vostochnyj-ekspress?start=810#42073

3D renders

f6251601020a29e708b71ad886417ff9.jpg

0068261df3bcc38123d4e20746090797.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by Eastern Express - 3D renders+box art - release in 2021

Hope we get a Xenu livery for the Scientologists!🕵️‍♀️

"...Xenu was about to be deposed from power, so he devised a plot to eliminate the excess population from his dominions. With the assistance of psychiatrists, he gathered billions of his citizens under the pretence of income tax inspections, then paralyzed them and froze them in a mixture of alcohol and glycol to capture their souls. The kidnapped populace was loaded into spacecraft for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth). The appearance of these spacecraft would later be subconsciously expressed in the design of the Douglas DC-8, the only difference being; "the DC8 had fans, propellers on it and the space plane didn't". When they had reached Teegeeack, the paralyzed citizens were off-loaded, and placed around the bases of volcanoes across the planet. Hydrogen bombs were then lowered into the volcanoes and detonated simultaneously,[8] killing all but a few aliens. Hubbard described the scene in his film script, Revolt in the Stars"

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by Eastern Express - 3D renders+box art
On 1/3/2021 at 5:57 PM, At Sea said:

Hope we get a Xenu livery for the Scientologists!🕵️‍♀️

"...Xenu was about to be deposed from power, so he devised a plot to eliminate the excess population from his dominions. With the assistance of psychiatrists, he gathered billions of his citizens under the pretence of income tax inspections, then paralyzed them and froze them in a mixture of alcohol and glycol to capture their souls. The kidnapped populace was loaded into spacecraft for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth). The appearance of these spacecraft would later be subconsciously expressed in the design of the Douglas DC-8, the only difference being; "the DC8 had fans, propellers on it and the space plane didn't". When they had reached Teegeeack, the paralyzed citizens were off-loaded, and placed around the bases of volcanoes across the planet. Hydrogen bombs were then lowered into the volcanoes and detonated simultaneously,[8] killing all but a few aliens. Hubbard described the scene in his film script, Revolt in the Stars"

Sounds perfectly logical to me. Especially the part about income tax inspections, since I just got off the phone with my preparer. Why would these billions of citizens not flock eagerly to have their income taxes inspected by a psychiatrist? Completely plausible. All of it. (Is this really what Tom Cruise believes?!)

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 months later...

X-Scale Models is to release a 1/144th Douglas DC-8-30 - Swissair kit - ref. X144-001

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/xscalemodelsua/posts/pfbid0nv6gpRJEmjR5KWF4Wmv1zH5cjf6Q59Gc5VqFzYVU53jvuUbKB1qm4gAgrH3reZFGl

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/modelling/douglas-dc8-30-swissair-x-planes-x144-001-189998.html

Box art

305665844-112429771601741-36456681928187

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by X-Scale Models - 3D renders+test model+box art
3 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

I see a bunch of Braniff DC-8s in my future. My credit card is already complaining.

Braniff mainly used the -62 and a few -50s. The Minicraft kit is a better starting point for those ..

3 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

Braniff mainly used the -62 and a few -50s. The Minicraft kit is a better starting point for those ..

They had a small number of -30s and -50s as well, most of which came from Panagra due to their merger, as I recall. And my shelves are already sagging from the weight of Minicraft DC-8s.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by X-Scale Models - 3D renders+test model+box art+scheme
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by X-Scale Models - 3D renders+test model+box art+scheme+sprues
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by X-Scale Models - released
7 hours ago, Homebee said:

Released - ref. X144002 - Douglas DC-8-32 - Swissair

https://www.x-scalemodels.com/product/dc-8-32-swissair/

box-swissair-site-768x521.png

337540820-525263683103107-36005131084682

V.P .

Available only by bank transfer. Anyone know another source that accepts credit cards or PayPal?

Producer accepts Paypal direct to [email protected] after placing your order on the website so that you have an order number to quote.

Someone on airlinercafe.com has validated this.

I sent my order this evening and got an immediate response of shipping tomorrow at a price of $36 plus $10 shipping.  Cheaper than EE price AFAIK

Will let you know if any glitches.

Howard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ho590hm said:

Producer accepts Paypal direct to [email protected] after placing your order on the website so that you have an order number to quote.

Someone on airlinercafe.com has validated this.

I sent my order this evening and got an immediate response of shipping tomorrow at a price of $36 plus $10 shipping.  Cheaper than EE price AFAIK

Will let you know if any glitches.

Howard

Thanks so much, Heard the same from Vitaly by PM. Will do that. Looks like great kit. Hoping an Electra will follow.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:57 PM, At Sea said:

"the DC8 had fans, propellers on it and the space plane didn't"

I'm sure he's referring to the proposed but cancelled DC-8 Skybus airliner, not the DC-8 jet we know.

spacer.png

Cheers,

Christos

• Like 1