Colin W builds for 2020

Colin W

Hi Chaps,

Well 2020 proved to be quite a productive year with 10 models completed and a few more well advanced but to be completed in 2021 .

The first model was built in February for  @trickyrich's 'Nordic Group Build', a Special Hobby Saab Viggen. Modifcations made to the cannards and scratch built Anti ship missiles

IMG_5535 (2)

@rob85's  'In the Navy Group Build' allowied me to build a New Zealand Navy SH2G from Kittyhawks excellent kit.

IMG_5593

The 'In the Navy Group Build' also encouraged a Fairey Fulmar. Quite a challenging kit which has been in the stash for many years with more work added by the scratch build wing fold.

IMG_5631

I missed the 'Battle of Britain Group Build' as I was moving countries so clearly the Spitfire Mk1 was for @TEMPESTMK5's  'Spitfire Group Build'. The Albion refueller started for the BoBGB is still awaiting completion.

IMG_5708

Probably the most complex build but the most satisfying for the year was backdating the Airfix Buccaneer S2B to the NA39 prototype in @Col.'s Buccaneer Group Build.

IMG_5742

For a bit of fun I joined @Dansk's  'Kit you built as a Kid' Group Build' with the Airfix AEC Matador and gun.

20200527_132258

Pretty much from the box but somewhat challenging was the Special Hobby Barracuda. Too late for the 'In the Navy Group Build', this one found its way into @Wez 'Journey's End Group Build'

IMG_5975

Also eligible for the 'In the Navy Group Build', The derelect Corsair was in @Corsairfoxfouruncle's 'Corsair Group Build',

IMG_6472

Finally to partner the Bucaneer prototype, the 'Tornado Warning Group Build' gave rise to the prototype MRCA 002.

20201201_154704

The 2 tier British Armour Group Build never got off the Ground so I built the BAe Warrior for @Enzo Matrix's  'They Also Serve Group Build'.

20200202_152859

10 models completed for 6 Group Builds and 3 Single type group builds. 

Thanks to Enzo for facilitating all these and to the Mods for leading the way.

Happy New Year

Colin W

• Like 13

No New Zealand diorama would be complete without a sheep!

Nice range of subjects. I like the back-dated ones.

Trust you have settled in well back in 'ampshire, Pommyland.

Cheers,

Peter M

(Still in the land of smiles, but without the C19 mess many of the 'Western countries seem to be in)

• Thanks 1

Nice builds! I missed the derelict Corsair first time around, but your backdated Buccaneer has been bookmarked for when I get around to the ancient Airfix NA-39 kit (which needs most of the same mods).

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1