HMS Yarmouth F101 Frigate 1/700

Happy new year to every one and all the best to you and your family.

This is 1 of the last 2 works I finished in 2020(actually finished before midnight yesterday!).

This full resin kit is released by a Chinese local small brand called Ostritch Model, which their boss sent me as a gift in this summer contest.

So I built it with sea sailing scheme which is my very first time.

It's really small model but I tried to catch some feeling and restore experience for sea sailing effect.

YGwERpD.jpg

x5yofR7.jpg

9Vl75tq.jpg

9CH1KMe.jpg

x0UKEhY.jpg

tTlqEF1.jpg

re4EO7I.jpg

Zv2trN2.jpg

RlOz9k2.jpg

u4bqu7f.jpg

Y8KJe3S.jpg

WKSsSpI.jpg

hmkPuqx.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Yufei

Edited by haneto
  • Like 42

• haneto changed the title to HMS Yarmouth F101 Frigate 1/700
  • 2 weeks later...

What a beautiful Kit, an absolutely great build, I'd love to build one of the old Leander's, but as you know, no one is manufacturing a 1/350 scale version, I think the biggest is an old 1/600 scale that Airfix did, brilliant finish

14 hours ago, Papa4ways said:

What a beautiful Kit, an absolutely great build, I'd love to build one of the old Leander's, but as you know, no one is manufacturing a 1/350 scale version, I think the biggest is an old 1/600 scale that Airfix did, brilliant finish

Atlantic Models do a series of 1/350 Leanders, they are mixed media kits with the main parts in resin and smaller parts in either white metal or photo etch, there are 3 versions available the original 4.5" gun, an Ikara version and later Sea Wolf and Exocet armed versions. 

Whilst expensive compared to your average injection moulded kit, they are also a lot more detailed and contain everything you need except adhesives, paint and a whole lot of patience to produce a detailed miniature ship.

See here: 

https://atlanticmodels.net/kits/

12 minutes ago, AntPhillips said:

Atlantic Models do a series of 1/350 Leanders, they are mixed media kits with the main parts in resin and smaller parts in either white metal or photo etch, there are 3 versions available the original 4.5" gun, an Ikara version and later Sea Wolf and Exocet armed versions. 

Whilst expensive compared to your average injection moulded kit, they are also a lot more detailed and contain everything you need except adhesives, paint and a whole lot of patience to produce a detailed miniature ship.

See here: 

https://atlanticmodels.net/kits/

Thank so much for the information, I'll talk nice to the wife, that's me found another couple of Kits I'd really like to have a go at, HMS Amethyst, my Dad told me his Cousin was on her, plus the fact I think Richard Todd did a good job in the Film, which I have on DVD, and the Leander I'd really want is HMS Phoebe F42, ever since I saw her on the BBC Warship series, I just thought Phoebe special, and I managed to get aboard as a Sea Cadet one time when she was in Portsmouth

Thank You so much for letting me kniow, it really is appreciated

Fred

2 hours ago, Papa4ways said:

Thank so much for the information, I'll talk nice to the wife, that's me found another couple of Kits I'd really like to have a go at, HMS Amethyst, my Dad told me his Cousin was on her, plus the fact I think Richard Todd did a good job in the Film, which I have on DVD, and the Leander I'd really want is HMS Phoebe F42, ever since I saw her on the BBC Warship series, I just thought Phoebe special, and I managed to get aboard as a Sea Cadet one time when she was in Portsmouth

Thank You so much for letting me kniow, it really is appreciated

Fred

Hi Fred,

My great Uncle was also on HMS Amethyst, I'm just waiting for Peter at Atlantic to get new stock in myself.

The Leanders are great kits I've got one of Peter's HMS Cleopatra in the stash, along with a Glamorgan, Puma and Hurworth, trouble is he has so many great kits and my wallet just cant keep up 🤣

Happy modelling

Ant

• Like 1

This is a very finely finished production of this classic RN frigate. The clean build and subtle weathering are very good, particularly in this scale.

Edited by Rob 1