2022 Experimental and development aircraft.

neil5208

Hi all, how about an experimental, prototype and development aircraft group build. This would include the various X planes, YF or YA development aircraft or equivalent from early days flight to modern aircraft.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be up for this but there's a proposal for a prototypes, racers, record breakers, research and special schemes GB which seems to include experimental and development aircraft in its scope and seems to be quite a way ahead of this for sign-ups - perhaps it would be worth merging the two proposals?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 9:09 AM, zebra said:

I'd be up for this but there's a proposal for a prototypes, racers, record breakers, research and special schemes GB which seems to include experimental and development aircraft in its scope and seems to be quite a way ahead of this for sign-ups - perhaps it would be worth merging the two proposals?

I'll stick my hand up and admit I didn't know about that one but have signed up so it would make sense to join together

On 2/5/2021 at 9:09 AM, zebra said:

On 2/6/2021 at 2:57 PM, neil5208 said:

I'll stick my hand up and admit I didn't know about that one but have signed up so it would make sense to join together

If you're up for amalgamating our proposals I certainly am Neil :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm up for this!

There's Heinkels He178 and He280 in the stash, as well as a Flettner Kolibri. If what-ifs are allowed, there's a Focke-Wulf Triebfluegel too! There's a Grumman Wildcat I fancy building as

one of the prototypes in there as well . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Lots to choose from

Focke Wulf 191, or possibly an Arado 198

I've always fancied a 1/72 Avro Windsor but have never seen one at a sensible price.

Off to the stash to find more potential victims, please add me to the list.

Cheers Pat 

Hello @neil5208, a wee while back we spoke about merging threads and now the Prototype, Racers, Research, Record Breakers, and Special Schemes proposal has made it to the Bunfight I was wondering if you're still keen to do so?

13 hours ago, Col. said:

Hello @neil5208, a wee while back we spoke about merging threads and now the Prototype, Racers, Research, Record Breakers, and Special Schemes proposal has made it to the Bunfight I was wondering if you're still keen to do so?

Yes I'm good with merging threads

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Isn’t this one close to the proposal on the Bunfight for prototypes experimental etc.

That said I have also got a YF22 and a  YF23 in the stash which would be closer to the intent of this proposal.

Yeah, Neil merged this proposal w/ Col's slightly broader scope that is currently in the bunfight for this fall.  I don't think there is a way to physically merge this thread w/ the other one w/ the forum software...but I really don't know much about that side of things.