BERGEPANTHER Sd.Kfz 179 Built By Demag - Feb to Dec 1944

Morning all, and Happy New year.....a recent completed Bergepanther for the Panther GB.

Here's the rest of the pics. Tools and other stowage to follow once they turn up....delayed due to lockdown :think:...Once here, I'll add and update the pics.

c5yGmj1.jpg

1s4tt4j.jpg

p1wljfu.jpg

U1ZlvkO.jpg

9DzsHvp.jpg

zpIlCmb.jpg

LCsLojK.jpg

Hm2RT8z.jpg

lUGv0WA.jpg

EeP4lHK.jpg

olM1DSV.jpg

Here's the build blog for those interested....

All the best

Simon.

• Like 43

24 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Wow, that's spectacular!

Amazing build and finish.

Many thanks Roman.....:yes:

15 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Super! It is rare to see such a well-done model 👍
A little off-topic - what kind of lighting do you use when taking pictures?

Vytautas

Thanks mate....coming from you that's much appreciated. I have picked up on many tips watching your builds.....especially the carving of kit parts in place of having in PE like the fenders etc...

The lighting is nothing special. I have one of these with a blue tint daylight bulb.

https://www.heamar.co.uk/daylight-magnifying-lamps/60328-daylight-omega-5-magnifying-lamp-5022737251109.html

I have to do some photoshop to take out some of blue tint and correct the colour overall.

Thanks again Vytautus....:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

Congratulations on a very realistic looking model, looks amazing well done 👏 

Cheers Homer.......:yes:

10 minutes ago, APA said:

absolutely brilliant work. The effects on the rear spade are perfect! I can smell the oil and dirt from here 👍🏻😉

A

Thanks for that.........it was a tough build with all the interior. Not sure if I'd do another. I think out of all available though, it's the better one IMOP, as you see a lot more than a full tank interior....unless you do a cutaway. I learnt a lot on this one as regards certain materials and finishing materials....filters etc. First time I've done a salt mask on the rear spade that came out better than I expected.

Looking forward to getting the tools and stowage to add sometime in the future.

Thanks again for taking a look.....

Regards

Simon.

• Like 1

You've outdone yourself with this one Simon. It is simply superb. Too many things to single out, except one. That blade is so realistic.. The wear and tear is first class. Great work (as usual).

John.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

The lighting is nothing special. I have one of these with a blue tint daylight bulb.

https://www.heamar.co.uk/daylight-magnifying-lamps/60328-daylight-omega-5-magnifying-lamp-5022737251109.html

I have to do some photoshop to take out some of blue tint and correct the colour overall.

I asked about the lighting because I think your photos lack color. Your models are too good to use this light.

This happens because the light spectrum of almost all LEDs is very distorted, especially red part.
The most important parameters of a good LED: Color rendering index (CRI) must be close to 100, or at least 85. Color temperature is not important, it can be adjusted in Photoshop, the most important is to have a full spectrum, otherwise, it is impossible to adjust the color in the photo.

Happy and well-lit New Year!

Vytautas

3 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Outstanding model - superb weathering

Boy - have you nailed it !B)

Rob

Many thanks Rob......I've finally pinned down a technique I'm happy with. 

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

You've outdone yourself with this one Simon. It is simply superb. Too many things to single out, except one. That blade is so realistic.. The wear and tear is first class. Great work (as usual).

John.

Thanks John.....the blade was the first time I did a salt mask....I like it as it's quick and easy to do. Definitely use it again. I'm thinking simple table salt may work well for subtle scratch's as opposed the sea salt's larger crystals used here for the line between paint and worn area.

Thanks again..:yes:

3 hours ago, vytautas said:

I asked about the lighting because I think your photos lack color. Your models are too good to use this light.

This happens because the light spectrum of almost all LEDs is very distorted, especially red part.
The most important parameters of a good LED: Color rendering index (CRI) must be close to 100, or at least 85. Color temperature is not important, it can be adjusted in Photoshop, the most important is to have a full spectrum, otherwise, it is impossible to adjust the color in the photo.

Happy and well-lit New Year!

Vytautas

It's the best I have at present mate. maybe in the future I'll look into specific lighting. Thought about one day getting one of those Tamiya photo boots....have to see what Santa brings me next year...:thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, swralph said:

Excellent build.😀

Cheers Ralph for taking a look......thanks for the thumbs up....:yes:

5 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Just had to wipe the drool from my keyboard! Amazing work.

Pete

:rofl:....LOL...cheers Pete.....appreciate you passing by.....thanks again 

• Like 1

Outstanding work Simon!

There is a lot to take in with this build. I will need to go and have a look through your build log where I'm sure there will be a few ideas and techniques that I can pinch from you. :clap:

Wayne

• Thanks 1