RAF Waddington International Air Show 2004

Yet more memories Leigh. I was still exclusively shooting slides until 2006 so its good to see your digital from the years before. Personal favorites are the P3 and the Frecce crossover - very nice indeed!

Regards

Mark

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canberraman said:

Yet more memories Leigh. I was still exclusively shooting slides until 2006 so its good to see your digital from the years before. Personal favorites are the P3 and the Frecce crossover - very nice indeed!

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed looking at these again and posted the Frecce crossover because I don't think that I have a similar image in any of the subsequent years. As for the RNZAF Orion, I had no recollection of ever seeing one flying!

Most of these images were very over-exposed, so I was obviously struggling with the new-fangled technology that I had largely overcome by RIAT a few weeks later! 

13 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

It is possible to see how air shows have changed in recent years when you look at my Jaguar and SAAB images.

Half of the planes no longer flying... indeed!

The SAAB 105 was retired several weeks ago in Austria :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Half of the planes no longer flying... indeed!

The SAAB 105 was retired several weeks ago in Austria :(

Also what I was thinking 🥺

Very nice to see them again, especially the dynamic Jag and hovering Harrier... Thanks @Alpha Delta 210

• Thanks 1

Just now, Alan P said:

Also what I was thinking 🥺

Very nice to see them again, especially the dynamic Jag and hovering Harrier... Thanks @Alpha Delta 210

Thanks Alan. I'm pleased that you enjoyed them.

I still enjoy air shows, but when I look back at my Waddington and RIAT images, the variety of types and the proximity of the displays have certainly changed in recent years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Another fantastic selection AD that Bae-125 looks really good and the Nimrod always a good value display 

thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn. I assume the 125 had "delivered" one of the Royals to the show!

The Nimrod looks as smokey as a B-52!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...