How Exciting!!!!

Paul J

Had an email this morningĀ  confirming my new shed is on schedule for delivery and erecting on the 11th!!!!Ā  Ā  Yay!!!!!!Ā  Only 10 days to go!!Ā  Ā Once I have set it up with all the flooring and insulatingšŸ”Ø plus getting the lecky stuff re connected IĀ hope to be back in kit production by end of the month. CanĀ  hardly contain myself...... First bit of good news for the New Year!šŸ˜

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Ha!

Just lately, this subject has been helping me off to sleep at night.

Timber, straw/wool insulation, wood stove, electricity, hi-fi, drum kit, picture window.... etc. Ideally in either the French Alps or Rockies - maybe!

I hope yours is a success.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

What's wrong with Bradgate Park? It's a good pint at the Wheatsheaf in Woodhouse Eaves.

Ā 

@paulj Have fun on Monday!

In Yorks now.

Pubs shut here too. šŸ˜

• 2 weeks later...

Well. Its finally here. Turned up on the given date but not until around 5 pm so it was dark andĀ  not able to put it up.Ā  Now its Wednesday the 20th and the guys turned up lunchtime in the pouring rain, they set about putting up my new shed. And no Snow!!

The other little one is the wife's!

Ā 

Pics:

Ā 

mc8O0Y.jpg

At top of pic my base that was prepared back last summer!! Ready for the 8 by 12 shed.
JUMlUG.jpg

The parts laid out . Pic taken the following day after delivery(Jan 11th in the dark!)
FfpZZr.jpg

Today!!Ā  Ā WIP...
kMQQRz.jpg

AllĀ sides in place....
j4UwEa.jpg

roof on.....
apcrLC.jpg

.... and finished!

Ā 

So come the next few days I will be furnishing and fitting it out with my stuff stored in the other tin shed seen at top right of top pic.Ā  Then I need to get my 'sparky' friend to come over and reconnect the lecky and a new light inside.Ā  Then is off to start kit bashing again.Ā Ā 

When it dries out and weather improves, maybe spring, its going to get a coat of waterproofing paint.

• Like 7

Update of my WIP for my new mancave.Ā  Ā Power supply( 'Lecky') is being done by good mate this coming Saturday.Ā  I have been busy, meanwhile, cladding the interior with insulating and ply sheets salvaged from my old shed. Pics:

Ā 

ddXbat.jpg

Hhmb1I.jpg

rYSOYQ.jpg

27zuV1.jpg

9C7D1O.jpg

So far I have spent around 16 hours over the past few days doing what you can see above. NotĀ  a lot to do, but itsĀ  blinking freezing out there so I can only spend 3 or 4 hours or less at a time but should complete what I want to do by Friday.

Bottom right of bottom pic visible are a few crates and bits of my stash and built models. Just peeking behind in red is the compressor.Ā  Ā 

Then its a bit of sealing up the joins and filling here ad there thenĀ  a fresh lick of paint, get the bench in and arrange all my gear to suit. Then back to some serious modelling.

• Like 6

Mate, insulate the heck out of it. As much as you can fit/afford. That includes the floor and ceiling.Ā 

I putĀ lots into my brick built one (10 x 7) but it's stillĀ cold until the heater's beenĀ going for half an hour or more.

• Like 1

Nice shed but I can see a big problem.Ā  As you said earlier the little one is your missuses.Ā  Hers is much smaller. If you are not careful you could get a bad case of shed envy.Ā  That could lead anywhere in the adverse marital harmony stakes.

Ā 

Never mind though - a trip to the jewellers with her should even it up a bitĀ :D

Ā 

As the others have said - insulate and then insulate again !

Ā 

Enjoy the new man cave

• Haha 1

The bit about insulation, is very sound advice. When we were first looking at properties in France, there were some lovely ones with beautiful exposed stone work. Then somebody said to me, don't touch them. In winter, it costs a fortune to heat, so that's why ourĀ house has no exposed stone, just loads of insulated, plaster board walls. (And it's still cold).

Ā 

John.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the interior insulating is just about done. ...all except the back wall as I have run out of ply sheets and insulating material. But the crates with all my stash within now set up against that wall will hopefully give me enough comfort for now. After a another delay andĀ another week without the power supply still not connected due to my 'sparky' mate having his van break down, my back to modelling excitement is still yet too get going again. But he is coming on Saturday to do the work so after that I can install my bench and get the rest of my stuff installed and ready to start beating plastic into aircraft shaped models.

• Like 1

Dont forget guttering at the back too!

Nice, thinking about a man cave shed too about this size, what has rolling cost been so far if you don't mind me asking? Including the base work?

Final instalment of this saga ( ...do I hear signs of relief....).Ā  I can now get on and do some serious modelling!

Ā 

Pics of my newĀ  mancave with all my clutter that surrounds the hobby, plus some household gear.

Ā 

9DLP5R.jpg

Work bench dressed with necessities. The CL-215 was in forĀ some undercart repairs
mVbbIC.jpg

One end that still needs some 3mm ply to cover the insulation.

GlWN3T.jpg

House hold DIY gubbings to the right.
M90lSp.jpg

Ā 

Very smart and very bright modern day LED light!Ā  Its 'Brilliant'
YEH5bk.jpg

The other end with the stash in the plastic crates and the brown boxes with the built models. Shame I am unable to display them but this could be achieved by disposing a fair number of them to make room

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Shame I am unable to display them

Best get started on the shed extension thenĀ šŸ˜€

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Colin

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mackem01 said:

Are those boxes from AJ Walter Aviation??

Yup!!!Ā  Do you know of them? In fact my very last job..... until affected by covid. I was put on furlough at same time self isolation due to having an underlying condition. This was then followed by voluntary redundancy which led me to retire which I was going to do in September '20.

18 hours ago, Paul J said:

Yup!!!Ā  Do you know of them? In fact my very last job..... until affected by covid. I was put on furlough at same time self isolation due to having an underlying condition. This was then followed by voluntary redundancy which led me to retire which I was going to do in September '20.

Used to deal with them alot many years ago.

They had a great rep at the time and had many a good night out with him when he came "oop north". Also very helpful when I needed Shorts and ATR spares in a hurry.

• Like 1