Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) Chat

trickyrich

5 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

It's difficult to hide an accidental pop up in a kilt ! :whistle:

..... dear god now I have a frightening image in my head that won't go away!!! :door:

• Haha 3

Courtesy of Mr @2996 Victor I have recently come by the frankly quite sexy 1/72 Tamiya Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien "Tony". This build quite literally has my name on it! I hope to be able to pitch it at the GB next year.

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

Courtesy of Mr @2996 Victor I have recently come by the frankly quite sexy 1/72 Tamiya Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien "Tony". This build quite literally has my name on it! I hope to be able to pitch it at the GB next year.

Glad you're looking forward to it, Tony! By all accounts, it's a great kit (I've got a couple more in my stash to build with some Avalon decals).

Beware interior colours, though - I believe the instructions are misleading. Nick Millman's Aviation of Japan site is full of great info, and I've got some emails where he's given me the correct colours. It seems to depend on whether the aircraft you portray left the factory in NMF or was factory-camouflaged.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

I believe the instructions are misleading.

I am of the "what you don't know can't hurt you" school of thought on this sort of thing 🤪

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Its a great little kit, built one last year and was quite satisfied with it. I splurged and bought the camouflage Mottle decals when I bought mine and that worked nicely as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Milo said:

Hello all.  Milo here, long time listener, first time caller.  I think I'll give this GB a try.  Lots to choose from!  I'm looking forward to the start.

Welcome aboard.  We are still a little ways off on this one, as we need to get through the November bunfight to get on next years calendar.  Make sure to pitch in your vote when it comes time in November.  So many options to choose from be it military, civilian, sci-fi, or others.  I know I'm going to have a hard time narrowing it down to just one.

13 hours ago, Milo said:

Hello all.  Milo here, long time listener, first time caller.  I think I'll give this GB a try.  Lots to choose from!  I'm looking forward to the start.

welcome along, yes we still have to get past the annual bumfight in November, but fingers crossed.

One word of warning though....GB's can become VERY addictive!!! :D

How on earth have I missed this one for so long?!  Well checking my stash, I think about 85% of it falls into the 3rd Category.  Count me in!

Thinking the ND-001 Nadesico or possibly something funky from Macross/Gundam... hhmm... :hmmm:

Kind regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 7:53 AM, Dazzio said:

How on earth have I missed this one for so long?!  Well checking my stash, I think about 85% of it falls into the 3rd Category.  Count me in!

Thinking the ND-001 Nadesico or possibly something funky from Macross/Gundam... hhmm... :hmmm:

Kind regards,

Dazz

if you're like me I try to avoid looking at future builds.... mostly because I'll want to join in, and I way over commit myself most of the time!

But welcome to the list....... which I haven't updated for ages! :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 5:43 PM, helios16v said:

A little Eagle action for @Col.

This GB was going to be an excuse for me buying at least one motorbike kit but then there is an F-15J and two DJ Aggressor kits along with a couple F-4EJ already in the stash so either way it's all good Chris :D 

Well, now that this made it my busy few months of securing second hand bargains is paying off! What to build though? 

Choices in no particular order: 

1) Hasegawa 1/48 A6M2 Zero (Pearl Harbour markings)

2) Hasegawa 1/48 Ki84-1 Hayate

3) Hasegawa 1/48 Mitsubishi F-2 

4) Hasegawa 1/72 G4M2 Betty

5) Tamiya 1/48 M6A1 Seiran 

6) A distant possibility, Hasegawa 1/48 F-104. Might use this in the Century Series GB though.

• Like 1

Well I reckon if I am going to try a GB for the first time this one is my jam so I am in. Have a ton of Japanese aircraft to choose from so will look forward to getting started when it all kicks off 

• Like 3

Great that this one went through the bunfight with enough support. 

Now I'm just hoping that it will fit into my Calender for 2022. i.e. not between April - September 2022. 

We're evacuating our flat for renovation next spring/summer and I'll have to pack everything up for this and will not be able to build during the renovation period. 

/Bosse :pray:

I'm here with a refugee from the Emergency GB which didn't make it :sad: Depending on the calendar, this is planned

1093654-27767-68-pristine.jpg

or possibly something a bit different

977107-20006-64-pristine.jpg

This was a quick one planned for the Not My Comfort Zone so I may do it here as well

1321855-27767-64-pristine.jpg

/p

• Like 7