Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) Chat

trickyrich

On 7/20/2021 at 6:44 AM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I hear you brother. For nigh on two decades I did everything on my own, having never heard of modelling forums such as this. I'm reclusive by nature and going deaf into the bargain, so I don't interact much with the rest of the human race. I'm now a member of two forums - The Airfix Tribute Forum (most of my ships are Airfix kits) and here. They've opened a whole new world for me.

Regards, Jeff.

Me too! I have always preferred dogs and model kits to people. lol. even so, I need some human interaction to stop me from going completely crazy. That industrial/age related deafness thing has become a real barrier between me and the world. I've had to embrace on-screen subtitles. I unconsciously learned to lipread (until the masks came), and texting has now replaced phone calls with the family. Best of all it appears I've just found a huge community of people that also talk with their fingers and listen with their eyes. I've only been here for a couple of days but already I feel less isolated and perhaps a tad more sane...

Edited by Bertie Psmith
I just had to fix that little typographical whatnot.
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Me too! I have always preferred dogs and model kits to people. lol. even so, I need some human interaction to stop me from going completely crazy. That industrial/age related deafness thing has become a real barrier between me and the world. I've had to embrace on-screen subtitles. I unconsciously learned to lipread (until the masks came), and texting has now replaced phone calls with the family. Best of all it appears I've just found a huge community of people that also talk with their fingers and listen with their eyes. I've only been here for a couple of days but already I feel less isolated ans perhaps a tad more sane...

We’re all quite friendly here. The nicest thing is, It doesn't matter what time of day or night it is where you are. Someone here will always be around as its a global community. I now count people on 6 of the 7 continents friends, don't have anyone in Antarctica yet that I’m aware of.  And so if Im awake at 2:30 am right now someone is sure to be up and around. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

We’re all quite friendly here. The nicest thing is, It doesn't matter what time of day or night it is where you are. Someone here will always be around as its a global community. I now count people on 6 of the 7 continents friends, don't have anyone in Antarctica yet that I’m aware of.  And so if Im awake at 2:30 am right now someone is sure to be up and around. 

Yes that's very handy. I was up at five this morning to walk Gnasher before the weather became too warm and already, delightful overnight correspondence was waiting for me. If the heatwaves intensify I may well go onto permanent nightshift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

to stop me from going completely crazy.

Too late for me, I'm afraid. 😁

I've got a few 1/700 Japanese ships in the stash (and two in 1/350) although my preferred scale is 1/600. I'm sure I can drag one out for this GB. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 8:17 AM, trickyrich said:

as you may see I have finally gotten around to updating the list....... I take no responsibility for spelling mistakes......... it's all @Col.'s fault! :D  Actually why haven't you signed up? Even Pat's here!

19 hours ago, helios16v said:

I think you should probably add @Col., as it was obviously a glaring oversight on his part.  As friends its up to us to look out for his best interests is it not?

Was about to bemoan the fact I'm being press-ganged into this one without an option then went to look at the list and now disappointed to see my name isn't on there already :(  Sure I've something in the stash that'll qualify and if not it'll give me a good excuse reason to add a bike kit :D 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Was about to bemoan the fact I'm being press-ganged into this one without an option then went to look at the list and now disappointed to see my name isn't on there already :(  Sure I've something in the stash that'll qualify and if not it'll give me a good excuse reason to add a bike kit :D 

speak of Beelzeebub and here he is!!!  :D

Now would I do something like that? Press-ganging someone into a GB...... now really!! :talktothehand:  I knew you were always going to sign up weren't you, you were just so busy planning what to build for it.....weren't you! :fight: 

See me, nice Host! :D

• Haha 2

• trickyrich changed the title to Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) - we have 49 and still counting
On 20/07/2021 at 13:46, trickyrich said:

speak of Beelzeebub and here he is!!!  :D

Now would I do something like that? Press-ganging someone into a GB...... now really!! :talktothehand:  I knew you were always going to sign up weren't you, you were just so busy planning what to build for it.....weren't you! :fight: 

See me, nice Host! :D

He was playing hard to get, Rich, I imagine he was like that at school discos as well !

Did I hear @Col. mention a bike ? :bristow:

• Haha 3

On 7/23/2021 at 8:32 PM, JOCKNEY said:

He was playing hard to get, Rich, I imagine he was like that at school discos as well !

Did I hear @Col. mention a bike ? :bristow:

You don't need to know what I was up to at school discos :ninja:

A bike was indeed mentioned though :D 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...fluro polyester kilt!  :rofl2:

I don't ever want to see your internet search history Rich! :blink2:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

hahahaha.... :rofl2:

Least I didn't mention your "disco ball sporran"!!! 

.... oh god I have to stop before I wet myself!! :rofl2:

Go on then, type that into your favourite search engine and show us the results.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Col. said:

Go on then, type that into your favourite search engine and show us the results.

actually I did after I posted this..... noting of interest/funny humour showed up unfortunately........ other than some weird metal belt thing!! :blink: 

• Confused 1

On 7/29/2021 at 1:45 AM, trickyrich said:

actually I did after I posted this..... noting of interest/funny humour showed up unfortunately........ other than some weird metal belt thing!! :blink: 

You've clearly got Safesearch switched on :lol:

• Haha 2

On 7/16/2021 at 8:09 PM, Avereda said:

Go on then, sign me up and I’ll have a crack at Yontan Tony if it gets through the bunfight.

I’ve realised that I’ve got Yontan Tony running in another GB race, if they both make it through the bunfight then I’ll come up with something else - maybe something civil but probably some cheap Airfix offering.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Avereda said:

I’ve realised that I’ve got Yontan Tony running in another GB race, if they both make it through the bunfight then I’ll come up with something else - maybe something civil but probably some cheap Airfix offering.

There are certainly a lot of great civil and Sci-Fi offerings for this potential GB.

8 hours ago, Col. said:

You've clearly got Safesearch switched on :lol:

Aaaarrr so curiosity killed the cat huh!!!  :rofl2: Now how are you going to clear that from your search engine??? 

Those new pop up adds are going be interesting! :D

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Aaaarrr so curiosity killed the cat huh!!!  :rofl2: Now how are you going to clear that from your search engine??? 

Those new pop up adds are going be interesting! :D

Aye, particularly on the work computer :blink2:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Count me in, I need an excuse to build some Japanese armour.

welcome along, an don't forget to vote for this GB on the annual Bunfight in November