Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) Chat

trickyrich

• trickyrich changed the title to Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) - we have 32 and counting
  • trickyrich changed the title to Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) - we have 33 and counting

fingers crossed we pass through the annual bumfight (GB poll) the date would depend how fast we get our bribes in to Enzo the Great! :D

If there is a general consensus on a preferred date, then I'm happy to give it a try if we go through. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • trickyrich changed the title to Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) - we have 34 and counting

Hi,

I'd like a place in this one too. I too have some different Japanese aircraft kits in my stash, going from A6Ms, a G4M to an OH-6, a couple of Phantoms and last but not least a US-1 Shinmeiwa

There's a nice anecdote when driving through Japan next year 10 years ago. We were on a spotting/touristic trip throughout Japan. And one time when I was not driving I was most of the time sleeping for the time I had to drive. In once we got in a traffic jam somewhere in a small town and I woke up. As if it had to be, the first thing I see is a model shop. Park the car!!! So we went inside and after a lengthy choosing moment I got to the cashier with a Fujimi Phantom FG.1, a Fujimi Spitfire XIVe, a Hasegawa F-16 Eggplane and the by then quite new Tamiya A6M5, all 72nd. The very polite shop owner understood very little English. He peacefully registered all the boxes I was to buy, but as he took the last one, being the A6M, he said "no no" while nodding his head. I thought I couldn't buy that one, and I was a bit surprised by that. He took away the box and placed it back onto the shelves where I took it. I was confused as it was one I'd really liked to buy. He came back, dove underneath the table, and came back up holding another Tamiya Zero, However this time with the box top autographed by someone. In his best English, he said: "Autograph from Mister Tamiya. Special box for special customer" and he put the box on top of the kits I chose. Now I was even more surprised and answered that I was very honoured but as this box was probably very special for him, that he must keep it for himself. but he insisted As it's not quite polite to turn down such offer, I took it with me and each time I see the kit, I think about this memory. I hope I can do the kit justice, or I might better buy another and keep that one complete. I even have the shopping bag preserved in my stash. :)

So I hope I can build one of the above during 2022!

• Like 6

Add me to the list. Off the top of my head a Mavis seaplane and an Airfix Toyota 2000 come to mind. That could change by next year, but I'll still be in with something suitable.

I take it you know what the Turning Japanese song title is referring to?

Tony.

12 hours ago, TonyW said:

I take it you know what the Turning Japanese song title is referring to?

arrr yes but the meaning of the lyrics is actually something different......... and not that "special" face! :D 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can l add my name as well please, lots of special schemes to choose from. In fact I am doing a Mitsubishi F-2A & B at the moment.

Regards

Robert

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a box of Japanese goodies from Japan the other day.  More potential subjects for this GB.  :lol:

Actually thinking back on it.....I think all the kits that have been acquired in the past year aside from the F-16XL is applicable to this potential GB.  :hmmm:

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 10:27 AM, Robert said:

Can l add my name as well please, lots of special schemes to choose from. In fact I am doing a Mitsubishi F-2A & B at the moment.

Regards

Robert

welcome along Robert, just remember to put November in your diary to vote, and remind all your friends as well.

14 hours ago, helios16v said:

Got a box of Japanese goodies from Japan the other day.  More potential subjects for this GB.  :lol:

Actually thinking back on it.....I think all the kits that have been acquired in the past year aside from the F-16XL is applicable to this potential GB.  :hmmm:

...and I bet there'll be even more if this gets through into next years calendar! :D

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was having a modeling discussion with a friend earlier today that went off on a wild tangent about music and things Japanese.  Made me think of this GB and had to verify it was in the bumfight this fall.

The Japanese eraser collection is growing.  :D

• Haha 1