Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) Chat

trickyrich

Ok time I think for another Epic GB and this Japanese!

We/I have tried a couple of time to get a Japanese themed GB up but have never quite got there unless it was tired into some other theme. Well this time it will be different.

To make it nice and simple it'll be broken into 3 basic themes:

1, Military - any Military equipment used by the military or military equipment sold by Japan and used elsewhere (war prizes allowed).

2, Civilian - Anything used in Japan or made there and used elsewhere, this should excite the car boys & girls!

3, Manga/Anima/SciFi  - open to SciFi, Gundam, Amine, just go crazy with all the wonderful and weird stuff from the Japanese fictional universe that we love.

Yes the GB is very open, and some my think too open, but from past attempts it needs to be to attract the attention and interest. Hopefully though it'll attract the interest of Non-aircraft builders who are always looking for the GB they can build in. 

I am hoping that the #3 theme will attract the most attention as the builders of these subjects rarely ever get a GB to play in.

So ok folks for 2022 lets turn Japanese!

....and the list:

1, trickyrich        - HOST

2, zebra

3, Corsairfoxfouruncle

4, Stefan Buysse

5, Jabba

6, alt-92

7, helios16v        - Co-Host

8, CliffB

9, Tim R-T-C

10, Foxbat

11, bianfuxia

12, reini

13, Cuppa_joe

14, Redstaff

15, JeroenS

16, klr

17, fatfingers

18, Arniec

19, Jockney

20, Andwil

21, Mig Eater

22, zegeye

23, Marlin

24, Beazer

25, Wez

26, Hockeyboy76

27, TonyOD

28, ArnoldAmbrose  

29, Evil_Toast_RSA

30, Romeo Alpha Yankee    :partytime:

31, badger

32, Marklo

33, TimJ

34, almac

35, Toryu

36, Spad

37, 128fiddler

38, AaronKSJ

39, wimbledon99

40, John Masters

41, TonyW

42, stevehnz

43, Robert

44, Ravnos

45, Grandboof

46, Avereda

47, Stew Dapple

48, Bertie Psmith

49, Col.     :D

• Like 3

:bye:

I keep telling myself to stop signing up for these things.....but who am I kidding.

I have a few possibilities....actually more non-military than military.  Even some Cat3 options.  :hmmm:

• Haha 1

Yes please Rich. 

I've plenty of 1/100 kits of Japanese aircraft, but will probably take the opportunity to build a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer WRC.  At that time, Mitsubishi's WRC programme was actually sub-contracted to a UK company (Andrew Cowan Motorsport Ltd), who developed and ran the cars, but hopefully Mitsubishi's funding and parts will still qualify it for the GB :winkgrin:.

• Like 1

Me please - got representatives of most of the IJNAF in the stash, plus a couple of odd ones - the Type 87 SPAAG (think Japanese Gepard) and a Nakajima Ki-84 egg plane with a cat pilot that should squeeze into the third category :)

Andy

8 hours ago, reini said:

Well, let's do that. Japanese F-104 probably. 

nice!!!

7 hours ago, Cuppa_joe said:

ok @trickyrich im keen! can possibly add something of interest so want to give it a go! just a query on the start and finish?

welcome along and to the list, at the moment we're just gathering the required number of members (30) for this GB idea to go into the November GB Bumfight :D,  then if it's one of the to 7 GB's after the poll it'll get a build slot for 2022.

So plenty of time to plan (and forget) for this one.

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

nice!!!

welcome along and to the list, at the moment we're just gathering the required number of members (30) for this GB idea to go into the November GB Bumfight :D,  then if it's one of the to 7 GB's after the poll it'll get a build slot for 2022.

So plenty of time to plan (and forget) for this one.

You made me laugh with forgetting this one! 😂 aint that the truth after 1 year! 
And lastly thank you!

welcome along.....

7 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Hey @trickyrich please sign me up as well! 

Of course I have something that will fit, what did you think? 

20200825185750-f5a490cc-me.jpg

where's its wings? :blink:

4 hours ago, klr said:

Seeing as the "Rising Sun" GB didn't succeed, try, try again! I have over 40 eligible kits, and counting.

that is part of the reason why I have tried this idea again, this time opening it up to Civvy/SciFi etc

7 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up @trickyrich

I'm up for this one. Got a couple of items in the 'deep stash' that are suitable 😉 

Regards,

Steve

welcome to the list Steve

5 hours ago, Arniec said:

I am in. I think I will have got something in my stash.

Cheers,

nice to see you Arnold

• Like 2