Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) Chat

trickyrich

9 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Feel like if i don't join in with something anime related ill be very crossed at myself.

So, i hope it's not too late to join.

Im just wondering tough, and this isn't mentioned in the rules, is 3D-printed stuff fine. What i have planned, and unfortunately bout the only thing that would fit the criteria, i would 3D-model/print myself.

And yes, with crew and all, in 1/16 scale. It won't be RC compatible tough.

Should be doable in a couple months, and should also serve as a great way to test my new printer.

all I can say is "welcome along!!!"" :thumbsup:

This sounds a really interesting idea...and in 1/16th!!  :yikes:

Plus "Girls und Panzer" I am a bit surprised one of these hasn't shown up yet, so will be great to have in the build, can never have enough Anime!

So start a thread and start printing! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

all I can say is "welcome along!!!"" :thumbsup:

This sounds a really interesting idea...and in 1/16th!!  :yikes:

Plus "Girls und Panzer" I am a bit surprised one of these hasn't shown up yet, so will be great to have in the build, can never have enough Anime!

So start a thread and start printing! :D

Arigato!

Well, better get to it then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, do you think an SH-60B from the USN squadron HSL-51 "warlords" - based permanently at Atsugi - is eligible for this? In the rules it says foreign military based on Okinawa. Atsugi is on the mainland but as far as I can tell it's a permanent station there.

The scheme is just so cool and so Japanese-adjacent (if that's a term):

2131-entry-5-1652207387.jpg

I just found this in 1/144 in my stash - if it's any further persuasion, it was stashed inside my Fine Molds 1/72 Porco Rosso plane. Very Japan-adjacent!

Let me know and I may consider it as another quick build. Fine if not - I have plenty of other stuff in the pipeline.

• Like 4

I’d say if foreign operated but based on Okinawa is OK, then mainland based would have to be.  And if that’s  Toshiro Mifune on the tail it must be built!

AW

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 7:59 PM, bianfuxia said:

Hey, do you think an SH-60B from the USN squadron HSL-51 "warlords" - based permanently at Atsugi - is eligible for this? In the rules it says foreign military based on Okinawa. Atsugi is on the mainland but as far as I can tell it's a permanent station there.

I just found this in 1/144 in my stash - if it's any further persuasion, it was stashed inside my Fine Molds 1/72 Porco Rosso plane. Very Japan-adjacent!

Let me know and I may consider it as another quick build. Fine if not - I have plenty of other stuff in the pipeline.

Forward stationed USN squadrons from NAS Atsugi are cleared for takeoff.  This also holds true for USN ships based out of Japan, as well as USAF squadrons based out of the Japanese airfields.  The key is they need to be a permanently stationed (forward deployed) unit.  Visiting equipment for exercises do not apply.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, bianfuxia said:

It would cruel not to have a colourful bird like this in the build.

But everyone is right, being permanently based in Japan is all good, so go for it!! :thumbsup:

Soory folks for being a bit absent, been travelling and insanely busy...... but have but have tried to pop in a look at builds when i can.....and WOW!!! There are some amazing builds coming along, I hope they make it into the gallery to join all the awesome builds in there already.

I have managed to chase the Feral Dusty Bunnies from the bench, I think they have now taken up residence in the stash!!!  :yikes:  Guess I'll have to by model models to box them in!!! :D

The F-15J and YF-19 are just about done, the paint finish is horrible but looks ok from a distance, the Gekko is now looking very Green!  

• 2 weeks later...

Is a 'dual entry' allowed, Rich?

In the Revell-Monogram Classic GB I'll be starting a 1/72 Revell Ki-61 this weekend. I intend an early New Guinea mottle finish. I'm confident I can get it done in the time remaining here.

Edited by Old Man
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well folks I think it is now officially time to panic!!!  :frantic:

The deadline is very fast approaching, so you'll need to be in the last stages of the build/s., to make the closing data, so one last push!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2022 at 5:20 AM, trickyrich said:

The deadline is very fast approaching

Suppose i'll just have to put things into high gear then.

AcidicMiserlyGenet-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 3

That's it!  Three of my four entries are in the gallery. :yahoo:    The Samurai figure won't make the gallery by the deadline but it will be finished eventually.

Many thanks to @trickyrich and @helios16v for hosting a very fine GB. :thanks:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's it!  Three of my four entries are in the gallery. :yahoo:    The Samurai figure won't make the gallery by the deadline but it will be finished eventually.

Many thanks to @trickyrich and @helios16v for hosting a very fine GB. :thanks:

Well done Enzo, glad you had fun, I agree the Samurai is just too good to rush, but am looking forward to seeing him completed.  :popcorn:

For me, just need to finish some decals on the F-15J, but it was basically finished a few week ago. Even showed it at my club meet.....was shocked at the response it got, cause I didn't think it was that good!

• Like 1

I've just gone to post some pics of my Mazda in the Civilian/Manga/Anima/Sci-fi Gallery to find that it's already locked, which was disappointing, especially as the Military Gallery is still open. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimJ said:

I've just gone to post some pics of my Mazda in the Civilian/Manga/Anima/Sci-fi Gallery to find that it's already locked, which was disappointing, especially as the Military Gallery is still open. 

Just noticed that myself as I was going to post my final photos :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimJ said:

21 minutes ago, Scargsy said:

Just noticed that myself as I was going to post my final photos :(

@Scargsy  @TimJ

My apologies.   It's now open again.   If you miss tonight's deadline, drop me a PM and we'll sort something out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That was a great GB, thank you! Lots of cool and quirky unusual models! For me it was nearly a record - I did 6 builds. I think I did 7 once in the Navy group build at the beginning of the pandemic, 6 x 1/700 ships and the 7th bring a sub kit with all of five parts. So in terms of actual building time this was by far my biggest effort!

I could go another 6 months with the Japanese subjects I have in the stash....

Thanks to all for participating and our hosts for hosting!

• Like 1

Well folks sorry to say it's all over!!!!!  :crying:

Its been super fun and what an amazing range of model everyone bought to the build, one of the biggest I've seen in a GB.

I do all hope you have fun whether you managed to complete yours intake or if you didn't quite. In the end it is all about joining in the build and having fun and following lots of amazing builds.

I really do apologise if I appear to have not commented on your builds for sometime, but work/travelling commitments mean I can't comment on every visit, but I can assure you have have followed them all. Unfortunately once I've viewed a build it disappears off the list and later on I have no idea if I have or have not looked at the build.

Anyway a big thank you for all that joined in  :worthy:  , I hope you all had fun.

I may start a part 2 thread for this for the 2024 calendar........ would be sooner but that pesky Ragnor wants to come out a play again!!!  :viking:  :D 

I'll try a get a poll up, but it may take a couple of days.

11 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

My apologies.   It's now open again.   If you miss tonight's deadline, drop me a PM and we'll sort something out. 

haha....it's usually me that stuffs up the closing time!!! :D

• Like 6

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I do all hope you have fun

I certainly did, shame it's all over

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I may start a part 2 thread for this for the 2024 calendar

Yes Please

I think the Isuzu bus will get built next year if the Transport GB clears the bunfight, but I still have the Subaru fire truck, a Honda Fit (Jazz) and some Snow Miku trams.

/P

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I could not finish my construction, the move and vacation interfered. But witnessed excellent projects and magnificent works. It was very nice to participate. Thanks to everyone, especially to the esteemed organizer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1