Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) Chat

trickyrich

On 3/16/2022 at 12:04 AM, JeroenS said:

I was planning on entering a 1/24 Fuso truck but I found some nice 1/32 scale kits last week. I think I'll start with this one: 

20220315135558-fd22513b-me.jpg

And maybe even enter this one, but not like on the box! That's proper Japanese but my cabinet has its limits too... 

20220315135558-6e4171fa-me.jpg

NNNNnnnooooooooooooo!!!!! You have to build it....it'll look awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

On 3/22/2022 at 2:16 AM, Col. said:

Added another potential subject to the stash...

2022-03-19_08-16-38

Seen some smart cafe racer conversions of these so plan to take it down that road via some scratch-building.

...you know the rules...... you say it you build it! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

NNNNnnnooooooooooooo!!!!! You have to build it....it'll look awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

Well that anguished scream did convince me to reconsider. It will look totally crazy, I'll give you that. I think the grey cargo area is a bit dull though, maybe I should spice that up some. 

• Like 2

This is getting ridiculous now! In the last 2 weeks I have managed to secure a 1/48 B5N2 Kate and 1/48 Ki-46 III Shitei air defense version. 

For reference from my first post in this thread last year when I had 0 (zero/nil/nothing/nada) Japanese anythings, to now constantly wondering if I should build a A6M2 Zero, Frank, G4M2 Betty, F-2A, Kate or Dinah next month and whether or not I should suck it up and get myself a 1/48 N1K1 Gekko to keep the rest company. :frantic:

HALP! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

and whether or not I should suck it up and get myself a 1/48 N1K1 Gekko to keep the rest company. :frantic:

But of course you should

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, monsjmse said:

Hello Rich,

I'd like to make it a nice round 50 participants (for now) with this please:

eunPjOe.jpg?1

welcome along with a very nice choice!!! It'll be great to see an F1 car in the build....I wonder if we'll have more?

I got lazy and stopped counting at 49 :D  , I'm quite sure there are way more than 50 interested parties.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

This is getting ridiculous now! In the last 2 weeks I have managed to secure a 1/48 B5N2 Kate and 1/48 Ki-46 III Shitei air defense version. 

For reference from my first post in this thread last year when I had 0 (zero/nil/nothing/nada) Japanese anythings, to now constantly wondering if I should build a A6M2 Zero, Frank, G4M2 Betty, F-2A, Kate or Dinah next month and whether or not I should suck it up and get myself a 1/48 N1K1 Gekko to keep the rest company. :frantic:

HALP! 

hmmm .... now what is that saying......... arr yes WWEMD*................................ build them all!!!  :cwl:

* (What Would Enzo Matrix Do)

• Haha 1

On 24/03/2022 at 09:13, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

whether or not I should suck it up and get myself a 1/48 N1K1 Gekko to keep the rest company. :frantic:

On 24/03/2022 at 12:16, JeroenS said:

But of course you should

It would be rude not to...  :wicked: 

• Haha 3

Mmmm well my Growler definitely won't be done, still waiting for those replacement decals!!!!  :angry: .... the F-4E is done...... my M3 Lee, well need a severe dose of mojo/interest in that one, have started but but struggling!

Plus my Ukraine Su-24 will finally be finished by then....... its only taken 4 years to complete!

So with a sort of clearest bench....... :whistle:

I am currently going through a serious Digital phase (there are further builds in the pipe line) and I'm in need of resin therapy, unfortunately I can't combine both....... I had though about it........

..so Digital...

IMG_6348-L.jpg

... will throw so extras at her as well! :D

...and resin 🥰...

IMG_6501-M.jpg

.... I think the paint job will be the scary bit here, camo over a NMF, not something I've tried before!!!

This should be a fun GB and my first hosting duty for the year.

........ IMG_6938-M.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I am currently going through a serious Digital phase (there are further builds in the pipe line) and I'm in need of resin therapy, unfortunately I can't combine both....... I had though about it........

..so Digital...

IMG_6348-L.jpg

... will throw so extras at her as well! :D

Oooh! Nice subject choice :wub:

Been trying to source a set of those decals in 72nd scale but the one place that shows UK stock has my money and isn't answering emails :(

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...and resin 🥰...

No! Really!?! :o 

• Haha 2

@trickyrich and @helios16v, just checking something:

I'm planning to build one of the Bf109E-7s that were evaluated by Japan.  They were in IJAAF markings but with the Luftwaffe's paint scheme under said markings.  Am I okay to go with this?  Sorry for not asking sooner - somehow I overlooked asking.

Cheers,

JRK

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

@trickyrich and @helios16v, just checking something:

I'm planning to build one of the Bf109E-7s that were evaluated by Japan.  They were in IJAAF markings but with the Luftwaffe's paint scheme under said markings.  Am I okay to go with this?  Sorry for not asking sooner - somehow I overlooked asking.

Cheers,

JRK

sounds very interesting, the Japanese "evaluated" lots of Luftwaffe aircraft using the war and most had Imperial Japan marking on them, so she perfectly fine. Definitely something a little bit different to what we're used to seeing.

After some quick research I also found these;

Messerschmitt BF-108 - Army?

Messerschmitt Bf-109E-3 and Bf109E-7 - Army - Evaluated

Focke-Wulf FW-190A5 - Army - Evaluated

Messerschmitt ME-210 (Upgraded to 410 Standards) - Army - Evaluated

Bucker-131 (Re-Engined) - Army/Navy - In Service

Junkers JU160 - Army/Navy - In Service

Dornier WAL Flying Boat (Modified) - Army/Navy - In Service

Heinkel HE-112B-0 - Army/Navy - Evaluated

Junkers JU-87A Stuka - Army/Navy - Evaluated

Junkers F.6 - Navy - In Service

Heinkel HE-118 - Navy - Evaluated

Junkers JU-86 - Navy - Evaluated

Heinkel HE-70  - Navy - Evaluated

Arado AR-196 - Navy - Flown ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

sounds very interesting, the Japanese "evaluated" lots of Luftwaffe aircraft using the war and most had Imperial Japan marking on them, so she perfectly fine. Definitely something a little bit different to what we're used to seeing.

Thanks Rich, that's great.  Am sorely tempted by the Fw190, too!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:58 AM, trickyrich said:

Italian as well - I believe they ordered some 82 Fiat BR 20 bombers and used them during their war with China, pending the arrival or the Ki 21.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 22:17, trickyrich said:

IMG_6501-M.jpg

.... I think the paint job will be the scary bit here, camo over a NMF, not something I've tried before!!!

It's doable 

IMG_5571

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

On 25/03/2022 at 22:17, trickyrich said:

IMG_6501-M.jpg

There are decals available for the camouflage patches in 1/48 and 1/72.  Sadly not in 1/32. 

unfortunately masks are not an options for these schemes as they are a soft edge pattern. I have used decals for these sort of patterns before, but decals can be very hit or miss.

For the Ki-61 beast it'll have to be a spray job, so I will need o replace the needle and nozzle in my airbrush for this project....... should be a fun scheme!!!!  :think:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, trickyrich said:

For the Ki-61 beast it'll have to be a spray job, so I will need o replace the needle and nozzle in my airbrush for this project....... should be a fun scheme!!!!  :think:

Do you have to do one of the camouf;laged options?  There were some Ki-61s in overall green uppersurfaces that look quite good.