2022 GB Bunfight Poll

Please vote for your favoured GBs for 2022. You have a maximum of five votes in each section.  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Groupbuilds

• Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB
    • Century Fighters GB
    • Shark Mouths 2
    • Great British (and beyond) Railway GB
    • Not My Comfort Zone GB
    • What If? GB IV
    • In The Wrong Hands GB
    • A Journey Into The Dark Arts - Vacform GB
    • Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers and Special Schemes MegaGB
    • Canadian GB
    • Golden and Silver Wings GB
    • Bomber / Strike / Ground Attack GB
    • Republic / Seversky Aviation GB
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Turning Japanese GB
    • Bloch / Dassault GB
    • Night and Day GB
    • Raiders Of The Lost Stash GB
    • Red Stars GB
    • Parliamo Italiano
    • Big and British
    • Emergency GB
  2. 2. Single Type Group Builds

• Dornier Do 17 family STGB
    • Mig-25 Foxbat / Mig-31 Foxhound STGB
    • M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB
    • Mig-15/17 STGB
    • Mig-21 STGB
    • F-5 Freedom Fighter / Tiger II STGB
    • Gloster Meteor STGB
    • Fork Tailed Devil - Lockheed P-38 Lightning STGB
    • Leopard tank STGB
    • Junkers Ju 88 family STGB
    • FW 190 / Ta 152 STGB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/21 at 23:59

8 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Pedantry Alert! You may wish to stop reading at this point. I wish I could stop writing but it's a common electrician's compulsion.* 😜

Power. Not energy. Energy and power are closely related but are not the same physical quantity. Energy is the ability to cause change; power is the rate energy is used.

*...and I'm a very common electrician.

EDIT, 52 minutes later: The unit of electrical energy in the SI system is the Joule. (Why did I have to return to say that? I think I need help.)

Let's go ohm.

• Haha 7

An old Australian man lies dying in his bed.
He calls over Shirley, his faithful wife of 60 years, and says, "Shirl, when we started out, tried to buy a business in the depression, went bust: you were with me"
"Oh, yes, Bruce", she says.
Then the war started, I joined up, and was sent to the front line, where I lost me legs. You stayed with me."
"Oh yes, Bruce" she says.
"Then, came home, couldn't get a job, due to me disability, and bought a farm."
"The farm flooded, then just when we got over that, there was a bushfire, and then the drought, which wiped us right out: you still stayed with me."
"Oh yes, Bruce,"
"Now here I am, in excruiating pain, about to die, useless and you're still with me."
"Yes Bruce."
"Shirl."
"Yes, Bruce?"
"You're bloody bad luck"

p.s. everyone lucky enough to go to telford this weekend this is for you;

I spoke to century fighters co-host craig @modelling minion earlier and after a brief discussion we concluded he should send an email to all the retailers there and strike a deal. So, to cut a long story short, If you find a century fighter GB eligible kit on a stand at telford just whisper ‘Century fighters turn me on and so do you handsome’ and all retailers have agreed to give you 50% discount there and then. (It’s important you say it like you mean it though). 👍 good century fighter bargain hunting luck chaps.

• Haha 26

hmmm ,just has a quick look over the voting.....talk about fiddlers!!!!!  No new member votes but boy have people been busy with the knife!!!

You'll have to wait till this arvo for the update...... but lets just say Enzo's worst fears may just happen!!!  :yahoo:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Dansk said:

p.s. everyone lucky enough to go to telford this weekend this is for you;

I spoke to century fighters co-host craig @modelling minion earlier and after a brief discussion we concluded he should send an email to all the retailers there and strike a deal. So, to cut a long story short, If you find a century fighter GB eligible kit on a stand at telford just whisper ‘Century fighters turn me on and so do you handsome’ and all retailers have agreed to give you 50% discount there and then. (It’s important you say it like you mean it though). 👍 good century fighter bargain hunting luck chaps.

😄

This is always the best thread of the year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

WOW!!!!!  There's more red in this poll than in Evergrande's books!!!! :yikes:

There is a saying "Hell hath no fury fury like a women scorned", well I'd have to say a Britmodeller who has had their favourite GB knifed, is probably even more vengeful!!! No new member votes but gosh haven't there been busy knife action. I've looked at this poll a couple of times today and it's changing every time.

I mean even the Texas Chainsaw massacre had less blood spilt! Not in my Comfort is now Uncomfortably Numb and may soon be Uncomfortably Forgotten! Then there's those at the bottom, not really going anywhere and are being beaten to a pulp for no good reason, then worst still there is a tiny group down there that still have that very very faint spark of hope they might make it..........but little do they know that waiting for them is hand of god/Beelzebub to come along and break their poor hearts forever! And lets not talk about the Canadians..... just incase! :tease:

And we still have a couple of more days to go! :frantic:

2022%20GB%20Voting%2013Nov-XL.jpg

A wee bit less action in the STGB but blood has flown, has the Pencil gone blunt? Has the Butcher Bird had it's wings clipped? Is the "Folk-Tailed Devil" about to fork someone! :rofl2: Will I get banned if I try to come up with a funny one about the MiG-15 (I will leave it to your twisted imagination about what an MiG-15 could do...... ;)).

With the blood head that has occurred already who know what the next couple of days will bring!

2022%20STGB%20Voting%2013Nov-XL.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Big and British still in the clear, but going to need a few more votes to stay there. We're taking people from (Not So) Great British Railway, or any other qualifying build from a failed GB. 

Same for Do17, in the clear but no guarantee of staying there. This is so close!

12 hours ago, Dansk said:

An old Australian man lies dying in his bed.
He calls over Shirley, his faithful wife of 60 years, and says, "Shirl, when we started out, tried to buy a business in the depression, went bust: you were with me"
Then the war started, I joined up, and was sent to the front line, where I lost me legs. You stayed with me."
"Oh yes, Bruce" she says.
"Then, came home, couldn't get a job, due to me disability, and bought a farm."
"The farm flooded, then just when we got over that, there was a bushfire, and then the drought, which wiped us right out: you still stayed with me."
"Oh yes, Bruce,"
"Now here I am, in excruiating pain, about to die, useless and you're still with me."
"Yes Bruce."
"Shirl."
"Yes, Bruce?"
"You're bloody bad luck"

There was another bloke lying, dying in his bed.

He calls over Mary, his faithful wife of 60 years, and says, "I can feel myself slipping away and I need to clear my conscience. I have to confess that after decades of fidelity, I recently slipped and was unfaithful to you with another woman, your sister as it happens. I've never kept anything from you before, and I felt I had to tell you before I die."

"Don't worry about it, love, I already knew. Why do you think I poisoned you?"

• Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

There was another bloke lying, dying in his bed.

There was another bloke woman lying, dying in his her bed. She called over her husband and said, "When I'm gone, my love, do you think you will ever remarry?"

"Er, after a decent interval of mourning, I might get over the loss, and I'm still a fit and active man thanks to the golf we've played together all this time, and I have years left to me, so probably yes, if I were to meet the right woman, I think I would."

"Oh," she says, rather shocked, "and would you live here in OUR house with her?"

"Well, it's a lovely place. And all paid for. And close to the golf course. So yes, I probably would."

"Oh," she says, rather shocked, "and would you let her have my jewelry collection, and my clothes and so on?"

"Well, I wouldn't wear it, so probably yes, why not, be a shame to waste it."

"Oh," she says, rather shocked, "and would you let her have my most treasured possessions, my golf clubs?"

"Certainly not. She's left-handed."

• Haha 5

Finally, one for the historians.

Lenin was on the deathbed, with Stalin sitting by his side...

Lenin says: "Joseph... I'm not sure you're the right man to lead the country after me. I don't know if the people will follow you."

Stalin responds with a smile: "Don't worry, Vladimir Ilyich. Half of the country will follow me, and the other half, they will follow you."

• Haha 14

To all those people who don’t know what real panic is:

“Try blocking the toilet in your future parents-in-law’s home.”

I was making Russian tea.

Unfortunately I cannot fish the teabag out of the vodka bottle.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Lenin says: "Joseph... I'm not sure you're the right man to lead the country after me. I don't know if the people will follow you."

Stalin responds with a smile: "Don't worry, Vladimir Ilyich. Half of the country will follow me, and the other half, they will follow you."

So, judging by the laughs, you like the sophisticated political witty ones eh?

There was an old, old man who lived in the mountains by a forest. As he lay on his deathbed, completely bald, he whispered his last wishes to his many children.

"Look at my hair" he croaked, "It used to be so magnificent, but it's completely gone now. My hair can't be saved. But look outside at the forest. It's such a lovely forest with so many trees, and sooner or later they'll all be cut down and this hilltop will be as bald as my head."

"What I want you to do is every time a tree is cut down or dies, you must plant a new one in my memory. Tell your children and their children to do the same. It shall be our family's duty to keep this forest strong."

And so they did.

Each time the forest lost a tree, the children replanted one, and so did their children, and their children after them.

And for centuries, the forest remained as lush and pretty as it once was, all because of one man and his re-seeding heirline.

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I love the one with Putin and Stalin.

• Haha 1

A man lay dying on his deathbed (this seams to be the currant topic) and he asked his wife of many years had she ever been unfaithful to him, expecting of course the answer of "No, never." Instead, she replied "Er, yes, three times".

This shocked him quite a bit, so he asked when.

"Well, do you remember just after we were married, you were trying to set up a business but the bank manager wouldn't give you a loan. Then out of the blue, he did, a very generous loan. Why do you think he did that?"

The man replied "Well, that set us up financially, I guess I can forgive that. When was the second time?"

"Do you recall ten years ago when you needed that urgent operation, but because we didn't have medical insurance the doctor wouldn't perform the operation? Then out of the blue he brought you to the front of the queue. Why do you think he did that?"

The man again replied "That operation saved my life. I can certainly forgive that. When was the third time?"

And his wife replied "Remember last year when you wanted to run for council office, but you couldn't get enough votes for pre-selection. You were short by 37 votes?"

Errr, I'll see myself out.

• Haha 11

Updated my own spreadsheet again... It's down to the wire! Three tied for 7th place! Big and British could really do with all the votes it can get (now also taking any suitable builds from Great British Railway)

mmmm the numbers are changing all the time, interestingly is the fact since my last chart update we've had 3x as many + votes as - votes??? Not entirely sure how that works, members using their unused votes?

Though there are a lot of unused votes out there, looking at the average for the GB poll, we had 5 votes to use but have only used 4 of them!! There are ~217 unused votes.....imagine what havoc they'd course if used, and that's only in the GB poll!

It's even worse in the STGB, an average of only 3 votes have been used........ leaving ~434 unused votes!!!!!  :yikes: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

mmmm the numbers are changing all the time, interestingly is the fact since my last chart update we've had 3x as many + votes as - votes??? Not entirely sure how that works, members using their unused votes?

Though there are a lot of unused votes out there, looking at the average for the GB poll, we had 5 votes to use but have only used 4 of them!! There are ~217 unused votes.....imagine what havoc they'd course if used, and that's only in the GB poll!

It's even worse in the STGB, an average of only 3 votes have been used........ leaving ~434 unused votes!!!!!  :yikes: 

I've used four and two votes. There's no point using my remainders on clear winners or clear losers, and voting for those in the middle that I liked, but not much, would just threaten my definite preferences, some of which are borderline. By coincidence, the whole six are the ones that I actually liked right at the start! I think five votes per section is simply too many for seven possible winners; an opinion borne out by your calculations perhaps.

Also, thanks for all that calculating - it's made it very interesting.

• Like 1

I can't resist one last deathbed joke while all these GB proposals are dying on their feet.

Jock MacTavish is lying, dying in his bedroom and the family have gathered to be there at the end.

"Are ye there, Sheila?" whispers the old man.

"Aye Father, and all ma wains too. We are all here for ye."

"Are ye there, Robbie?" whispers the old man.

"Aye Father, and all ma wains and the wee doggie too. We are all here for ye."

"Are ye there, wife?" whispers the old man.

"Aye, ye daftie, o'course I'm wi' ye at the end like this."

"So ye're all here wi me, in ma bedroom, is that right?"

"Aye, Aye Aye" respond all his nearest and dearest.

"Then whit the hell's the corridor light on for? D'ye think I'm made o' money?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

It turns out that Jock makes it through the night and when he wakes up he can smell baking. "Sheila," he cries, "I can smell your mother's oatcakes cookin'. Nip down and fetch one for me wi' a bit o' butter, there's a love."

Sheila returns in a few minutes, empty-handed. "It's no go, Da. She says they are special, for the funeral."

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

The group builds have broader appeal generally so personally speaking I can spread my 5 around. However for the STGB I only really care about two so why risk voting for anything else I imagine I'm not the only one who thinks like this. Imagine if we could vote in two prime ministers :hmmm:... yeah I'll have Corbyn and Boris please :D.

• Haha 2