2022 GB Bunfight Poll

Please vote for your favoured GBs for 2022. You have a maximum of five votes in each section.  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Groupbuilds

• Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB
    • Century Fighters GB
    • Shark Mouths 2
    • Great British (and beyond) Railway GB
    • Not My Comfort Zone GB
    • What If? GB IV
    • In The Wrong Hands GB
    • A Journey Into The Dark Arts - Vacform GB
    • Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers and Special Schemes MegaGB
    • Canadian GB
    • Golden and Silver Wings GB
    • Bomber / Strike / Ground Attack GB
    • Republic / Seversky Aviation GB
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Turning Japanese GB
    • Bloch / Dassault GB
    • Night and Day GB
    • Raiders Of The Lost Stash GB
    • Red Stars GB
    • Parliamo Italiano
    • Big and British
    • Emergency GB
  2. 2. Single Type Group Builds

• Dornier Do 17 family STGB
    • Mig-25 Foxbat / Mig-31 Foxhound STGB
    • M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB
    • Mig-15/17 STGB
    • Mig-21 STGB
    • F-5 Freedom Fighter / Tiger II STGB
    • Gloster Meteor STGB
    • Fork Tailed Devil - Lockheed P-38 Lightning STGB
    • Leopard tank STGB
    • Junkers Ju 88 family STGB
    • FW 190 / Ta 152 STGB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/21 at 23:59

well it's that time of day again...and again, and again.......  :wacko:

First off lets have some dancing......:penguin::penguin: :penguin::poop: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

yes it's a Friday and some will be off to try there luck at their local.......all's well go well with the hot young thing until they asks what you do for a hobby?  :door::tumble:  yeah another lonely night at home huh!   :rofl2:

Ok the poll........ a few new voters and I have to wear gumboots now!  Yes there has been a wee bit of manoeuvring/bloodletting going on folks and it's all happening at the dreaded red line! I still haven't figured how to add dripping blood in Excel.

As you can see it's now all down to 8 and that vital 7th position. Looking at the trends, I'd almost say/predict the Canadian GB will take the last spot, but portions 6,7, & 8 could go anyway!

2022%20GB%20Voting%2012Nov-XL.jpg 

Ok the STGB and again this last spot is not assured at all, those wee panzers are after that Pencil, the the Devil is right on there tail........ let see what tricks VP has still up his sleeves!! Even the Butcher bird is in the sights of the wee panzers.

Data trends are all pretty flat for these builds, it's all going to come down the last days stabbing frenzy.... best avoid the shower that day folks!

2022%20STGB%20Voting%2012Nov-XL.jpg

..and now, who shall we pick on today! :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

....inne minne mine pom......... :D

Britain has invented a new missile. It’s called the civil servant –

it doesn’t work and it can’t be fired.

Did you hear what the English, the Irish and the Scots did when they heard the world was coming to an end?

The English all went out and got drunk. The Irish all went to church. And the Scots had a closing down sale.

Why aren’t the England football team allowed to own a dog?

Because they can’t hold on to a lead.

What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup?

A Referee

An Englishman a Scotsman and an Irishman enter a bar

The Englishmen wanted to go, so they all had to leave

What do you call a Scotsman with diarrhea?

Bravefart.

What’s the difference between watts and ohms?

Watts are a unit of electrical energy. Ohms are where British people live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Watts are a unit of electrical energy.

Pedantry Alert! You may wish to stop reading at this point. I wish I could stop writing but it's a common electrician's compulsion.* 😜

Power. Not energy. Energy and power are closely related but are not the same physical quantity. Energy is the ability to cause change; power is the rate energy is used.

*...and I'm a very common electrician.

EDIT, 52 minutes later: The unit of electrical energy in the SI system is the Joule. (Why did I have to return to say that? I think I need help.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

As you can see it's now all down to 8 and that vital 7th position. Looking at the trends, I'd almost say/predict the Canadian GB will take the last spot, but portions 6,7, & 8 could go anyway!

At this point we should just have 8 get through.... 8 clearly stand ahead of the rest, I'm sure we could fit it in right?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

I'm sure we could fit it in right?

Wasn't it agreed last year that seven was a better number? And there's a few extras anyway next year due to previously approved GBs which aren't mentioned in this election. If we stretch to eight or nine this year, we create a strong precedent for ten or twelve next year and so on. Then you get multiple GBs running concurrently and people can't finish their entries or can't enter all the ones that they wanted. This bunfight thing is very thrilling, but let's not get carried away with the excitement. Let's stick to what 'everyone'* decided over months of debate, only very recently.

*(I wasn't a member when the rules were made, but I read the thread and am happy to go along with the decisions made then.)

• Like 5

Paddy and Sean are pilot and copilot of an Aer Lingus flight out of Dublin. An hour into the flight they experience an engine failure and are instructed by ATC to make an emergency landing at the nearest airport. As they're heading in to land Paddy looks at the runway ahead. "I don't like the look of this one, Sean," says Paddy. "That runway looks mighty short, but we'll have to give it a go."

The wheels touch the ground and they throw everything at it: flaps, reverse thrust on the good engine, slam the wheel brakes on. Miraculously, the plane shudders to a halt mere inches from the end of the tarmac.

"Phew, Sean. that was a close one," says Paddy. "I don't think I've ever seen a runway this short."

Sean looks out of the window. "Sure, Paddy," he says, "I've never seen one this wide, either."

____

In The Wrong Hands and Parliamo Italiano fading fast... 😭

Edited by TonyOD
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

At this point we should just have 8 get through.... 8 clearly stand ahead of the rest, I'm sure we could fit it in right?

As with children and wives it's better if the one who thinks he has the power to decide these things (I'm not saying his initials in this case are EM) is lead to believe its his brilliant and generous idea to allow the eighth (actually tenth) slot to fit the next year's calendar and that he had actually taken that possibility already into the count as he had left the last two months of the year without any new group builds beginning :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Not a bad idea. That said, if Canadian is 8th and this idea doesn't get any traction, I'll happily accept the result. 

What happens if there's a tie?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

In The Wrong Hands [...] fading fast... 😭

And I already bought the kit and the decals. Woe is me.

To me it seemed so certain. I see it as yet another reminder of how we each think in different ways. When I think about it, I'm astonished how few angry arguments I see on Britmodeller. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

When I think about it, I'm astonished how few angry arguments I see on Britmodeller. 

A good thing! Pretty stupid anyway to be angry about putting together bits of plastic.

Not that I've never been angry at my bits of plastic when they won't behave!

• Haha 7

17 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Pretty stupid anyway to be angry about putting together bits of plastic.

True. A lot of threads wander onto more emotive ground though, and still we (mostly) stay friendly.

19 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

angry at my bits of plastic

I remember building a Monogram B-24, the 1/48 scale one, in my tiny room at Waddington. Every panel brush painted a slightly different shade of metal, the Dragon and his Tail Decals the length of the fuselage, the internal details... I finished, it one evening straight after tea, I was even still in uniform. There was nowhere to display the completed model so I tied it to the light on the ceiling and lay on my bed to admire it. Yes, that's right, the cotton must have been over a sharp piece if the light because before I could even smoke my post-finishing cigarette (!), I watched it plummet heavily onto the hard floor. 

I jumped off the bed and, fortunately still wearing those Boots, DMS, jumped on the pieces repeatedly until there was nothing recognisable left. I seem to remember a lot of shouting and cursing too. :angry:

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

This is a good idea Adam.

It seems the masses have spoken and the top 8 are clear.

It would be a terrible shame for those fifty something people if one of those lost out by one point or so.

oh and an Englishman a Scotsman and an Irishman are on a train compartment, drinking and being loud together. At the next stop, an elderly priest and a beautiful woman get on and sit across from the three.

As the train gets underway, the priest looks at the three with disdain and says, “Have ya any decency between ya? You three look like a right pair of fools, but I’ll give 50 quid to any of you that can name the three main characters of the Bible.” 

The Englishman pipes up and says, “The three Kings?” 

The Father O’Malley tuts and shakes his head. 

Scott chimes in and says, “God, Judas and the donkey?” 

This gets a great laugh from his companions, but the priest is unimpressed. He looks at Paddy, but he just shrugs and continues drinking. As the train went through a tunnel, the lights momentarily shut off, and in the darkness, the beautiful woman leaned over and passionately kissed the drunken Irishman. In his astonishment, Paddy blurts out, 

“Jaysus, Mary and Joseph!!” 

As the lights go back on, Father O’Malley looks up and proudly says, 

“Well done lad, I knew you had it in you,” and hands over the 50. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

And I already bought the kit and the decals. Woe is me.

Well, if anyone is inspired by the (likely to be) unsuccessful crack at a Group Build, I'll certainly follow with interest any builds that are wholly or partly inspired by it. I'd certainly like to see your Wulf Hunde come to life!

5 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

That makes perfect sense.

I have always wondered if it was a Good thing that I had my boots on to protect my feet, or a Bad thing because barefoot, I might not have done the stomping. 

The worst part was that I hadn't shown the finished model to anyone before it shot itself down.

1 minute ago, TonyOD said:

Well, if anyone is inspired by the (likely to be) unsuccessful crack at a Group Build, I'll certainly follow with interest any builds that are wholly or partly inspired by it. I'd certainly like to see your Wulf Hunde come to life!

I will certainly build it as a WIP, just for you!

• Thanks 1

Plenty of room for surprises in the last few days. Just need a few more tactical votes using up the votes for those groups below 30. For example it would only take the votes from (say)  GB rail to  emergency to get emergency close to the line.

As to a tie situation my suggestion would be use the numbers signed up to the GB prior to the bunfight as the decider.

Off the consider my tactical votes.