2022 GB Bunfight Poll

Please vote for your favoured GBs for 2022. You have a maximum of five votes in each section.  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Groupbuilds

• Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB
    • Century Fighters GB
    • Shark Mouths 2
    • Great British (and beyond) Railway GB
    • Not My Comfort Zone GB
    • What If? GB IV
    • In The Wrong Hands GB
    • A Journey Into The Dark Arts - Vacform GB
    • Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers and Special Schemes MegaGB
    • Canadian GB
    • Golden and Silver Wings GB
    • Bomber / Strike / Ground Attack GB
    • Republic / Seversky Aviation GB
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Turning Japanese GB
    • Bloch / Dassault GB
    • Night and Day GB
    • Raiders Of The Lost Stash GB
    • Red Stars GB
    • Parliamo Italiano
    • Big and British
    • Emergency GB
  2. 2. Single Type Group Builds

• Dornier Do 17 family STGB
    • Mig-25 Foxbat / Mig-31 Foxhound STGB
    • M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB
    • Mig-15/17 STGB
    • Mig-21 STGB
    • F-5 Freedom Fighter / Tiger II STGB
    • Gloster Meteor STGB
    • Fork Tailed Devil - Lockheed P-38 Lightning STGB
    • Leopard tank STGB
    • Junkers Ju 88 family STGB
    • FW 190 / Ta 152 STGB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/21 at 23:59

1 hour ago, Colin W said:

Can I build my Canadian CF-100 Canuck in the Century series GB if the Canada GB doesn't make the cut? Its been in the stash since at least 2002 so qualifies for a few 'not gonna make it' GB's next year.

Oh I am so envious, Ive been wanting a Clunk forever. 

• Haha 1

I lived in Thailand for many years where the language is tonal and expressions like

Mai Mai Mai Mai Mai

means 'New, wood, burns, easily, doesnt it?

Meanwhile in Chinese Mandarin there are 140 meanings of Yi. With the short falling tone there are 49 meanings

Meanwhile I'm still working on; kolmivaihevaihtovirtakilowattituntimittarillanikaan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Plenty of other Canadian built options in the STGBs - Canadair's take on the F-5 for example, or the M4 Sherman

Thats not plenty? :) thats an extremely specific and very limited few. We can dig out a couple more I know…
But, We’re lucky as everyone’s saving grace this year is the all-encapsulating bomb/ground attack and I guess ‘special schemes’ allows a wealth of interpretations 👍

Irrespective of my personally connected GB, I hope this year that @AdrianMF‘s not my comfort zone makes it.

That one really for me reflects the britmodeller spirit. It’ll be us operating as a group helping each other out and all learning new things. The more I contemplate that one the more I want to try something new and radical. 
oh and I’m finding a new mattress I bought uncomfortable, so I asked a mate if he wanted it. He said he wasn't sure. I said sleep on it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Colin W said:

Meanwhile I'm still working on; kolmivaihevaihtovirtakilowattituntimittarillanikaan

Taumata­whakatangihanga­koauau­o­tamatea­turi­pukaka­piki­maunga­horo­nuku­pokai­whenua­ki­tana­tah

:bleh:

• Haha 4

Well this is getting interesting! Doesn't seem to be just Big and British vs Canadian for 7th place any more - now we have Not My Comfort Zone and Big and British on 55, Armoured Cars and Halftracks on 54, and Canadian and Century Fighters both on 53. Looks like any four of those five could make it.

There's only one solution to this. Everyone should shift their votes to the Emergency GB.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

I don't get the What-if thing. I like historically accurate things. However, I do feel a bit of a dinosaur about this. I think a lot of younger modellers especially prefer fantasy and What-if subjects and I think the more inclusive things can be the better.

Nearly all GB rules and regulations seem to include the statement, "No What-ifs." I can't think why that should be. Would the fix for this be simply not to have that statement in the rules and regulations of most or all GBs? I think the majority of members would still build something real, but where would be the harm?

Gidday, I meant to respond to this last night but the power went off and so did the modem. (I think that's what it is, I'm a dinosaur with modern technology). I guess it all comes down to individual tastes in modeling. I like historical accuracy too with my model ships but I quite enjoy doing whiff ships also. I try to make them (and their cover story) as plausible as I can but at the same time the need for research is not quite so pressing, or so I've found. This can mean a more relaxing build.

I would like the 'Whiff GB' to get through although it's not looking promising at present. As to whether whiffs should be allowed in GBs more often I think that would depend on the GB itself. For a 'Battle of Britain GB' or 'Sink the Bismarck GB' I would suggest not allowed, but for a more general GB such as 'RAF in WW2 GB', or 'Royal Navy in WW2 GB' (or any other airforce or navy, these are just examples) I think whiffs could be included particularly if they are quite plausible. I think the 'Big and British GB' allows whiffs on this occasion if all the other criteria are met. But this wouldn't help me here - my planned whiff is German. 😥   Oh well .   .   .  🙂  Just my thoughts. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 3

..ok I can see you lots are starting to get bored/rowdy and are now just smashing the keyboards to see who can come up with the longer string of unpronounceable words! I would love to hear Enzo try and pronounce that word!!!! :rofl2:

... and yes I am still alive after posting those jokes....SWMBO can't be bothered looking through my posts........ :D

Alll right then, only 2 new voters, and the usual "I can't make my mind up" lot.  It's pretty obvious now if you're in position 9 or above or below depending how you want to look at it....but it's still pretty miserable better luck next time. Plus it just goes to prove you can't trust those Canadians!!!!  :rant:

The top 3 have booked their place for next year, we just now have to see if there'll be 7 or 8 going through. I want to see 8 make it....and then Enzo has to stress over how to slot them in!! :rofl2::tease:

2022%20GB%20Voting%2011Nov-XL.jpg

Ok now the STGB, and things are a wee bit complicated..... or more like VP has been working his evil Finish magic!!!! :hmmm:

Other than some bloodletting/back stabbing..... names have been taken :fight: not a lot has really happened. I'd now say 5 have booked there spots and 4 going for 2 spots.

Let's just hope the wee panzer and the "folk tailed" devil can put an end the Evil VP Empire he's trying to build!!! :D

Now if we are all really clever/evil, we could get 9 through, that'll keep the unwashed and not so unwashed happy and make Enzo's life even harder!!! :yahoo:    :tease:

2022%20STGB%20Voting%2011Nov-XL.jpg

....just 4 days o go........

...and finally let us remember all those who served and made the greatest sacrifice........   :poppy:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

.... and no I didn't forget..... :D ..... time to pick on someone else!

Ole and Lars were business partners and good friends. One day Lars started off for work and discovered he’d forgotten his tools. Returning home, he looked around for his wife, Lena, and finally found her in the bedroom. To his surprise, she was on the bed with no clothes on. “Vat in the vorld are you doing vidout any clothes, voman?” Lars asked. “Vell, I yust don’t have any clothes to vear, dat’s why,” answered Lena. “Vat you talking about,” said Lars as he opened the closet door and began counting: “Vun dress, two dress, tree dress, four dress… Oh, hello Ole… Five dress…

Swede: When is your birthday?

Norwegian: March 21st.

Swede: What year?

Norwegian: Every year.

Judge: You’ve been brought here for drinking.

Dane: Swell! Let’s get started.

There were two Swedish carpenters building a house. One of them opened a pack of nails, and asked the other: “Why are half of the nails lying in the wrong direction?”
The other replied: “You moron! They are supposed to be used on the other side of the house!”

Interpol was looking for an escaped convict in Denmark, and sent pictures of the man to the Danish police. The pictures were taken from both sides and the front. After a few days the Danes replied: “We caught the guys on the left and the right but the one in the middle got away”.

Q: Why do Danish people never play hide and seek?
A: Nobody wants to look for them.

Q: What does it say at the bottom of Norwegian Beer Bottles?

A: Open At Other End.

• Haha 13

.... and I just couldn't help myself.......luckily they're on the other side of the world! :tease:

Q: How do you sink a Norwegian submarine?
A: Scuba-dive down and knock on the door.

Q: How do you sink a Norwegian submarine again?
A: Dive down and knock on the door again. Wait for them to open the window and say, "You aren't fooling us this time!"

Q: How do you sink a Danish submarine?
A: Dive down and knock on the window. Wait for them to open the door and say, "Come on, who do you take us for? Norwegians?"

Q: How do you sink a Swedish submarine?
A: Give it a Norwegian crew.

-Two Norwegians are driving at night. The driver starts to worry something is wrong with his blinkers so he pulls over and asks the other Norwegian to get out and check them.
"Hey," the guys yells from the front of the car, "It works… Wait it doesn't work… No now it works… Wait it doesn't work… No wait, now it works… Oh sorry, it doesn't work…"

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

One traditional game goes like this: You need two people, two bottles of spirits and a large cardboard box. First, both participants drink their bottle of spirits. Then one goes inside the box, and the other one tries to guess which one's in the box.

• Haha 17

13 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Makes me glad Russia snatched Finland. Otherwise we’d probably have had to learn this stuff - stuff  nightmares are made of! - in school :o 

You know, I have learned Swedish for six years in the school (i högskolan och gymnasiet), three years in the college (i tekniska yrkeshögskolan), taken a six month course in Nordic export marketing EDIT: in Swedish (fortbildning i handelshögskolan) and later at least :hmmm:three employer supplied, job specific courses even though you lot abandoned us in 1809 :winkgrin: 

• Haha 7

From what I've heard, Finns don't like to mince words.... 

Mika and Pekka meet on the street. They haven't seen eachother in years. Mika has a bottle so he asks "Shall we drink?". So they do. Bottle is nearly empty, Mika asks Pekka "So how are you?". Says Pekka "I thought we were drinking". 

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Plenty of other Canadian built options in the STGBs - Canadair's take on the F-5 for example, or the M4 Sherman

And you can chip in a CF-188 in the F/A-18 STGB as well!

Edited by Anatol Pigwa
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 6:27 AM, trickyrich said:

might be time for another grand themed GB for 2023.......

Well we would be getting to some interesting 80th anniversaries eg the fall of Stalingrad and Zitadelle/Kursk the German withdrawal from North Africa and the Japanese defeat at Guadalcanal among others, should be able to make an epic GB out of at least one of them.

30 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Well we would be getting to some interesting 80th anniversaries eg the fall of Stalingrad and Zitadelle/Kursk the German withdrawal from North Africa and the Japanese defeat at Guadalcanal among others, should be able to make an epic GB out of at least one of them.

Ahem, yes, US deep penetration precision bombing daylight raids in 1943 are having their GB proposed as the B-17 STGB #2. Hop in! Maybe B-24:s in 2024?

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

..ok I can see you lots are starting to get bored/rowdy and are now just smashing the keyboards to see who can come up with the longer string of unpronounceable words! I would love to hear Enzo try and pronounce that word!!!! :rofl2:

It is pronounced like this.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

One traditional game goes like this: You need two people, two bottles of spirits and a large cardboard box. First, both participants drink their bottle of spirits. Then one goes inside the box, and the other one tries to guess which one's in the box.

Can also be played with only one Finn but you need a hell of a lot more Vodka 😉 

• Haha 6