2022 GB Bunfight Poll

Please vote for your favoured GBs for 2022. You have a maximum of five votes in each section.  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Groupbuilds

• Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB
    • Century Fighters GB
    • Shark Mouths 2
    • Great British (and beyond) Railway GB
    • Not My Comfort Zone GB
    • What If? GB IV
    • In The Wrong Hands GB
    • A Journey Into The Dark Arts - Vacform GB
    • Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers and Special Schemes MegaGB
    • Canadian GB
    • Golden and Silver Wings GB
    • Bomber / Strike / Ground Attack GB
    • Republic / Seversky Aviation GB
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Turning Japanese GB
    • Bloch / Dassault GB
    • Night and Day GB
    • Raiders Of The Lost Stash GB
    • Red Stars GB
    • Parliamo Italiano
    • Big and British
    • Emergency GB
  2. 2. Single Type Group Builds

• Dornier Do 17 family STGB
    • Mig-25 Foxbat / Mig-31 Foxhound STGB
    • M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB
    • Mig-15/17 STGB
    • Mig-21 STGB
    • F-5 Freedom Fighter / Tiger II STGB
    • Gloster Meteor STGB
    • Fork Tailed Devil - Lockheed P-38 Lightning STGB
    • Leopard tank STGB
    • Junkers Ju 88 family STGB
    • FW 190 / Ta 152 STGB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/21 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Quickly, combine the two (or three of you account for Dassault/Bloch) to a francophone GB, maybe then at least you can build the Be and Lux parts!

It just so happens I'm more interested in the Ne part 😆

• Haha 1

Gidday Rich, you missed a couple - I'd like to see my wife in something long and flowing,    Like a river.

I have a soft spot for my wife  -  a swamp

I must stress here, these are simply jokes. In all seriousness my wife is very supportive of me and my hobby. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Then propose a GB of countries were there are monarchies. You could name it some thing catchy, like I don't know, "Game of Thrones" :wicked:

Now the "Red Wedding"....... that was proper bloodletting!!!! Plus with GoT as soon as you have a favourite they ended up dead....... now there's an idea for future polls!!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

It seems that the Lockheed P38 Lightning STGB is in REAL danger

If it doesn't make it, then only 4 out of the 9 STGBs are American vehicles.... oh no

With the current results, it'd be 4 American, 3 German, one Soviet and one British. 7 planes and 2 tanks. 

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning 

It seems that the Lockheed P38 Lightning STGB is in REAL danger but after all I guess I can build one of the Lightning that equipped the IX Tactical Air Command 370th and 474th Fighter Groups  that performed  fighter-bomber missions during the invasion of Normandy and the Allied advance across France into Germany  in the Bomber/Strike/Ground GB , it will surely be joined by a Republic P 47 Thunderbolt of that Tactical Air Command ..

Best Regards

Patrice  

did either F or J variants do that Patrice?

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

did either F or J variants do that Patrice?

Good afternoon Paul 

These 2 units were equipped with P38J model , in 1944 the P 38 F model was not used anymore in front line units ...

Best regards 

Patrice 

4 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

Well, I’ve indulged in the tactical blood letting, but to no avail. My 22 years working for Air Canada is all for nowt now, all for nowt I tell you. Woe is me! 

SD

If your Canadian stuff is buried deep down in your stashes they should be eligible for another would-be GB *hint-hint* *nudge-nudge*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...though I have pretty much given up on ever seeing a What If GB ever making it through......guess member don't like to have fun with their builds!

5 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, yeah they can be very interesting and a lot of fun. The What-if GB is looking very unlikely at present. Oh well, I can always build it as a stand-alone build in an appropriate WIP section.

Regards, Jeff.

Flagellum Australis et Imaginarius Australis,

This might be more appropriate to the general GB chat.

I don't get the What-if thing. I like historically accurate things. However, I do feel a bit of a dinosaur about this. I think a lot of younger modellers especially prefer fantasy and What-if subjects and I think the more inclusive things can be the better.

Nearly all GB rules and regulations seem to include the statement, "No What-ifs." I can't think why that should be. Would the fix for this be simply not to have that statement in the rules and regulations of most or all GBs? I think the majority of members would still build something real, but where would be the harm?

Alan (Angus Tura: Acerbus Borealis)

2 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Flagellum Australis et Imaginarius Australis,

This might be more appropriate to the general GB chat.

I don't get the What-if thing. I like historically accurate things. However, I do feel a bit of a dinosaur about this. I think a lot of younger modellers especially prefer fantasy and What-if subjects and I think the more inclusive things can be the better.

Nearly all GB rules and regulations seem to include the statement, "No What-ifs." I can't think why that should be. Would the fix for this be simply not to have that statement in the rules and regulations of most or all GBs? I think the majority of members would still build something real, but where would be the harm?

Alan (Angus Tura: Acerbus Borealis)

I agree.

What I like about What-If's is the discussion that comes to live whether a certain model or idea is technically sound, historically feasible or probable or whether it is pure fantasy.
I see a lot of difference between a Panzer III with a PAW800 gun or a KanonenJagdPanzer with a L7 105mm gun and a Russian soldier squad with ww1 Stahlhelmets.

Edited by Steben
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Now the "Red Wedding"....... that was proper bloodletting!!!! Plus with GoT as soon as you have a favourite they ended up dead....... now there's an idea for future polls!!!! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a pitch for a Russian Civil War GB.... 🤔

In English: I wonder, if I should swim a little around meaninglessly?

In Finnish: Uiskentelisinkohan?

That's not a joke, our language really rocks :coolio:

(Not) even with my three-phase alternating current kWh meter; (ei) kolmivaihevaihtovirtakilowattituntimittarillanikaan

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

31 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

That's not a joke, our language really rocks :coolio:

I remember legendary post-quali/race press conferences when Kimi Raikkonen was among 3 first places - his answers in Finnish were usually so suprisingly short (not-so-many-worded) that was almost laughcrying, but now I understand better why it was like that :)

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

We have a dedicated term for the language skills presented by our motorsport ambassadors, the Flying Finns: rally-English :rofl2:

ahahahahahhah.... what kind of tyres you had - black round pirelli ... Juha nailed it! hahahahah :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We watch the F1 every week and the funniest moment was when Kimi Raikonen came screaming out of the pits just as his team mate came past. The commentator noted that clearly there was "no I in team".

Kimi then cut the corner, forced his team mate wide and lead onto the next straight.

Some wag in the back of the commentary box said " There's no I in Team , but quite a few in Kimi Raikonen!"

The whole pub burst out laughing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Is it coincidence that the Bunfight finishes on the last night of the UK Nationals?

Will the antipodeans have the last say in tactical voting while we are all driving home from Telford?

Is this part of the great conspiracy?

We should know the answer before buying Tamiya P-38's or Leopold tanks at Telford!

??????

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Colin W said:

We should know the answer before buying Tamiya P-38's or Leopold tanks at Telford!

Oh, it's that dreaded word again :sad:.

Colin, you should know by now, that we don't use that word here in North Enzoa, ever. Our Supreme Leader has guided us from the darkness of "that word" to the eternal light of "and", which should not be used sparingly, but whenever suitable e.g. "In this group build I will build kits A and B".

• Haha 11