2022 GB Bunfight Poll

Please vote for your favoured GBs for 2022. You have a maximum of five votes in each section.  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Groupbuilds

• Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB
    • Century Fighters GB
    • Shark Mouths 2
    • Great British (and beyond) Railway GB
    • Not My Comfort Zone GB
    • What If? GB IV
    • In The Wrong Hands GB
    • A Journey Into The Dark Arts - Vacform GB
    • Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers and Special Schemes MegaGB
    • Canadian GB
    • Golden and Silver Wings GB
    • Bomber / Strike / Ground Attack GB
    • Republic / Seversky Aviation GB
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Turning Japanese GB
    • Bloch / Dassault GB
    • Night and Day GB
    • Raiders Of The Lost Stash GB
    • Red Stars GB
    • Parliamo Italiano
    • Big and British
    • Emergency GB
  2. 2. Single Type Group Builds

• Dornier Do 17 family STGB
    • Mig-25 Foxbat / Mig-31 Foxhound STGB
    • M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB
    • Mig-15/17 STGB
    • Mig-21 STGB
    • F-5 Freedom Fighter / Tiger II STGB
    • Gloster Meteor STGB
    • Fork Tailed Devil - Lockheed P-38 Lightning STGB
    • Leopard tank STGB
    • Junkers Ju 88 family STGB
    • FW 190 / Ta 152 STGB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/21 at 23:59

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

This meant that the GBs starting at the end of the year would run into the following year - some by two months.  People wanted as blank a slate as possible at the start of the year and so the dates for this year were adjusted to prevent any serious overrun into 2022.

I do like this year's format - final GBs of current year not prolonging into next year's timetable - it makes sense to have GBs all fit into one calendar year, so we can have some kind of "cooldown" period in December, and resting/preparing for next year.

Old format in my opinion was a bit too dense, so if you participate in many GBs it becomes stressful to finish all those builds at the same time

Cheers,

Srđan

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Here is where the "herding cats" part of my role becomes apparent. :D  

Herding cats is easy - you only need charisma... and a lot of tuna fish. 🤣

Cheers, Moggy (we cats must stand together!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My personal preference would be to have the start dates spread evenly throughout the year.  This would avoid the overload that currently occurs in the summer months, when it's hard to stay involved with all the GBs that are going on.  I appreciate that the move to fewer GBs in 2022 will reduce this overload, but the fundamental issue of imbalance will remain.

Cheers

• Like 1

Due to summer commitments I tend to get more modelling done between September and March, therefore I would prefer a rolling programme of GB's throughout all of the twelve months.  Just take the number of GB's and devide that into 365 and start each GB at the resulting date.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Here is where the "herding cats" part of my role becomes apparent. :D   We used to have GB start dates spread evenly throughout the year.  This meant that the GBs starting at the end of the year would run into the following year - some by two months.  People wanted as blank a slate as possible at the start of the year and so the dates for this year were adjusted to prevent any serious overrun into 2022.

So let's have a discussion about what the majority would like.   I will post the available slots for the next year and we can adjust them as needed.

Comments? 

I like the calendar as it is now, status quo. It's true that the summertime here on the northern hemisphere may not be the most productive model building season, but on the other hand there are a zillion things competing with model building time and messing up schedules in the dark and wet last two months of the year too. I tend to start more builds in the early months of the year than I manage to finish them, that's a fact. Thus, I like the few months and the KUTA to clear the desk, drawers and most importantly my mind in the end of the year. V-P

Gidday, I personally don't have a problem with a GB starting late one year and finishing early the next. Even several months either way. I'm a slow builder and usually only handle one build at a time, so spreading them out suits me. But I'm just one of many - I'll go with the consensus. HTH. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dansk said:

With no new gbs at the end of the year cant we prolong the existing ones?

Rushing to complete a phantom GB for example with nothing else new left to enter afterwards seems a shame.

This particular request I am all for; as I was behind with my rhino anyway and found a problem last night.

Otherwise Nordic II doesn't finish until Boxing Day and I assume the first of 2022's GBs starts 1st Jan, so if that's a GB of interest (attack, Benelux, Canada, Century series, F-5,....) I could be prepping in the few days between along with all the family things that time of year has.

Chris

4 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

This particular request I am all for; as I was behind with my rhino anyway and found a problem last night.

Are you thinking that the closing date is 12 November?   It's not.  @DaveJL flagged up that the GB forum header says 12 November.   That's a typo on my part.  The actual closing date is 21 November.  :wall: 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Are you thinking that the closing date is 12 November?   It's not.  @DaveJL flagged up that the GB forum header says 12 November.   That's a typo on my part.  The actual closing date is 21 November.  :wall: 

This is great news...I'm gonna need all the time I can get.  :rofl2:

Can I add something for everyones thoughts ? @Enzo Matrix has set aside two classic group builds every year if Im correct. There always seems to be a very large number of entries/completions that Im not sure they've actually had poll’s for any of them. Now just for these types of builds, would it be easier too make these go 6 months ? The first from January 1st to the end of June. Followed by the second from July 1st through the end of the year ? Two even timeframes and more than likely not an issue with polls and such. If Im talking out my backside then I’ll quiet up and go sit in the corner. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Can I add something for everyones thoughts ? @Enzo Matrix has set aside two classic group builds every year if Im correct. There always seems to be a very large number of entries/completions that Im not sure they've actually had poll’s for any of them. Now just for these types of builds, would it be easier too make these go 6 months ? The first from January 1st to the end of June. Followed by the second from July 1st through the end of the year ? Two even timeframes and more than likely not an issue with polls and such. If Im talking out my backside then I’ll quiet up and go sit in the corner. 

That's quite a good idea! 

The point of putting a time linit on GBs is to ensure that people have some stimulus to finish a build.  However, the Classic GBs are always well attended and people are usually very keen.

Rather than six month per CGB, how about five?  Start on the 1 Feb with a month's break between them?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's quite a good idea! 

The point of putting a time linit on GBs is to ensure that people have some stimulus to finish a build.  However, the Classic GBs are always well attended and people are usually very keen.

Rather than six month per CGB, how about five?  Start on the 1 Feb with a month's break between them?

That works for me but so does the standard way. I was just voicing an idea that popped in my head. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Meow, says one of the cats :giggle:

How about 5 months back-to-back, with January and December "free"?

V-P

• Like 1

At the minute it looks like I'll be having a quiet year on the GB front as there's only a couple that float my boat plus the Matchbox one 

That's always assuming the couple I fancy get through the bunfight 🤔

I might have to choose a model myself out of the stash without having to worry if it fits the criteria 🤣

Ian :) 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:53 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Oh great....

I can add another one then.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Meow, says one of the cats :giggle:

How about 5 months back-to-back, with January and December "free"?

V-P

I agree with having December free (hey, it rhymes! :D) - in that pattern we have time to vote for Classic#2 gallery candidates after the GB ended and still finish voting before year ends.

Or maybe we can have this pattern:

Classic GB #1: January 1st - May 31st

Break: June 1st - June 30th

Classic GB #2: July 1st - November 30th

I'm ok with all proposals - most important in my opinion is not to have overloaded and too tight & stressful schedule - this is our hobby so we should enjoy builds without having stress of chasing deadlines at all costs :)

Cheers,

Srđan

• Like 5

I think my problem was that I wanted to be involved in 7 GB's this year, and the last started in August. I did double builds in three of them, and a big vacform in another, and felt burnt out so I opted out of the final two.

My learning lesson is to vote in the ones I would like to do, but only enter if they are spread out well for me. That of course is my own problem.

Ultimately I am happy to go in line with the majority, and I thoroughly enjoyed those I did participate in.

Ray

• Like 5