2022 GB Bunfight Poll

Please vote for your favoured GBs for 2022. You have a maximum of five votes in each section.  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Groupbuilds

• Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB
    • Century Fighters GB
    • Shark Mouths 2
    • Great British (and beyond) Railway GB
    • Not My Comfort Zone GB
    • What If? GB IV
    • In The Wrong Hands GB
    • A Journey Into The Dark Arts - Vacform GB
    • Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers and Special Schemes MegaGB
    • Canadian GB
    • Golden and Silver Wings GB
    • Bomber / Strike / Ground Attack GB
    • Republic / Seversky Aviation GB
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Turning Japanese GB
    • Bloch / Dassault GB
    • Night and Day GB
    • Raiders Of The Lost Stash GB
    • Red Stars GB
    • Parliamo Italiano
    • Big and British
    • Emergency GB
  2. 2. Single Type Group Builds

• Dornier Do 17 family STGB
    • Mig-25 Foxbat / Mig-31 Foxhound STGB
    • M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB
    • Mig-15/17 STGB
    • Mig-21 STGB
    • F-5 Freedom Fighter / Tiger II STGB
    • Gloster Meteor STGB
    • Fork Tailed Devil - Lockheed P-38 Lightning STGB
    • Leopard tank STGB
    • Junkers Ju 88 family STGB
    • FW 190 / Ta 152 STGB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/21 at 23:59

• 9 months later...

This thread is now open for business!  The poll will remain closed until the 1 November, giving us all chance to whip ourselves up into the usual pre-bunfight frenzy.  :frantic: 

If you have GB proposals still on the go in the chat thread, now would be the time to start lobbying.  If I have missed any that are eligible, please let me know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

There are nine slots each for GBs and STGBs.  In accordance with the bunfight rules that the BMGB Massive voted in last year, each person will get votes for 60% of the available p;laces - 5 votes each. 

Each section is a multiple choice but there is no way of limiting each person to five votes so, as usual, we will take that on trust.  :) 

There are ten STGBs vying for nine places...

Oh, and remember that two GBs were considered historically significant enough that they bypassed the bunfight:  The Falklands War GB and the F-15 40th Anniversary STGB.

Be aware that the first GB will start on 22 January 2022, so be ready! 

15 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Oh, and remember that two GBs were considered historically significant enough that they bypassed the bunfight:  The Falklands War GB and the F-15 40th Anniversary STGB.

:hmmm:+ Matchbox the 50th Anniversary and Classic Revell-o-gram GB did that too? V-P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

:hmmm:+ Matchbox the 50th Anniversary and Classic Revell-o-gram GB did that too? V-P

Yes, you are quite right.   I may have to change the number of slots to accommodate this.  Although we agreed to have seven of each, I forgit that and went down the old route of "Squeeze in as many as possible" - hence nine.   It does mean that the summer months are very full.  Going with the agreed seven of each means that there is a bit of breathing space, together with slots for the two that you mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/3/2021 at 4:52 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

There are ten STGBs vying for nine places...

Enzo, I promise I will not use the logic you use on us when we are unsure which models to build for a GB! Honest!

Ray

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I don't see how that could be done as a Single Type Group Build.

I know, I know... to be honest, I'm the first to admit even these family type GB:s are stretching the STGB rules so much I can hear the "ping" :whistle:

• Haha 2

On 09/10/2021 at 17:03, Enzo Matrix said:

I don't see how that could be done as a Single Type Group Build.

They both have 2 engines? A very tenuous link I know. I’ll get my 🧥

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

They both have 2 engines? A very tenuous link I know. I’ll get my 🧥

They are both VP's Twin Engine Favorite Aircraft used by the Luftwaffe During WWII ...

No it doesn’t work either it looks much more like a quizz ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

They are both VP's Twin Engine Favorite Aircraft used by the Luftwaffe During WWII ...

No it doesn’t work either it looks much more like a quizz ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

Luftwaffe? :hmmm:Maybe, but Ilmavoimat, definitely yes!

• Haha 1

Goodness me, this suddenly seems to have crept up on me. :surprised:

It's a really strong list which is going to make choosing all the harder. :hmmm:

Now of course the sensible thing would be to vote for GBs that you already have kits for in the stash......

However, where's the fun in that !

Good luck everyone 

V-P perhaps the Do17 and Ju88 had the same ignition keys 🔑 :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Now of course the sensible thing would be to vote for GBs that you already have kits for in the stash......

Limit my votes to my stash? I'd have to crawl around in the dust, lifting my loft insulation!
S'pose it'd be one way of making my choice easier, five out of seven is simpler than five from eleven ...

BTW, didn't the early Ju88 and Do17 both have glass noses and gondolas?  Obviously close derivatives ... I mean, who'd worry about a tail or two?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Limit my votes to my stash? I'd have to crawl around in the dust, lifting my loft insulation!

Sounds like the perfect excuse with SWMBO.

" With winter coming best I leave my existing kits as part of the insulation so we save on the heating bills and do our bit for the environment  !"

"Fortunately I've managed to find these other ones which were an absolute bargain "

:chair:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Hi @Enzo Matrix, Just coming to the end of my 'French Fancy' GB entry and looking what to start next I was surprised to see only the KUTA is starting in the last 3 months of the year! We've had 2 or even 3 GB's starting per month until now but there are no new GBs starting from September until 22nd January. With the winter weather closing in this is prime modelling season so to have no GB's starting seems a shame.

Can we spread next years GB's out a bit more evenly? 

Colin

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Colin W said:

Hi @Enzo Matrix, Just coming to the end of my 'French Fancy' GB entry and looking what to start next I was surprised to see only the KUTA is starting in the last 3 months of the year! We've had 2 or even 3 GB's starting per month until now but there are no new GBs starting from September until 22nd January. With the winter weather closing in this is prime modelling season so to have no GB's starting seems a shame.

Colin

Seconded, seems like the tail end of this year is a little sparse

On 13/10/2021 at 19:06, JOCKNEY said:

My raiders of the lost stash GB is based around this very idea!

• Like 2

Just now, CliffB said:

A Valiant would look nice in the High Wing GB, Adam :winkgrin:.

It would and I really wish I could but I just don't have the space now that I'm at uni to build 1/72 V Bombers, I suppose I could buy a Mikromir one but do I really want to do that?

• Haha 1

Dear fellow Britmodeller Group Build proposers, of which I am one of too, running a campaign in a last minute to gather the required number of members to reach the November Bunfight: The GB you're promoting may feel like the best ever, but (and there's always the butt in the bumfight) there are already 19 candidates running for the 9 - or only 7? - slots for 2022! Remembering the new rule of no "byes" for 2023, wouldn't it pay to cool off a bit and aim for next year instead? I have decided that none of "my" proposals will be resurrected if and when they don't make it. "Bye bye" to them, room for the newcomers please 🙂

V-P

• Like 8

On 14/10/2021 at 16:00, Colin W said:

Just coming to the end of my 'French Fancy' GB entry and looking what to start next I was surprised to see only the KUTA is starting in the last 3 months of the year! We've had 2 or even 3 GB's starting per month until now but there are no new GBs starting from September until 22nd January. With the winter weather closing in this is prime modelling season so to have no GB's starting seems a shame.

Here is where the "herding cats" part of my role becomes apparent. :D   We used to have GB start dates spread evenly throughout the year.  This meant that the GBs starting at the end of the year would run into the following year - some by two months.  People wanted as blank a slate as possible at the start of the year and so the dates for this year were adjusted to prevent any serious overrun into 2022.

So let's have a discussion about what the majority would like.   I will post the available slots for the next year and we can adjust them as needed.

Comments? 

• Like 6