Happy New Year to all Groupbuilders

Enzo the Magnificent

I'm still working on tidying up the Groupbuild area.  As I have been moving threads from the archives back to the chat section, I have been reminded - once again - just how vibrant and exciting the BM GB community actually is. 

I have been the BM Groupbuild moderator for some years now.  I've lost count of exactly how many...  four?  five?   I dunno...  :shrug:  

When I took over the role I was told that it could be a bit of a poisoned chalice.  Apparently it is very hard work and is like herding cats.  Well, very quickly I learned that herding cats is really quite easy if you can convince the cats that the direction you want them to go in was all their idea in the first place.  :lol:    

That's what I have always tried to do.  Groupbuilds are not for me to lay down The Law.  Groupbuilds are for you, collectively as a community, to decide the direction.  That's what happens.  You all know what you want to do. It is my place to facilitate that.

In my role as moderator I have always had great support from everyone involved in groupbuilds.  There is a dedicated cadre of experienced hosts who keep coming back for more and unfailingly provide me with invaluable assistance.  Thank you to all.  No names - no pack drill.  You know who you are!  :thumbsup: 

The hosts and the moderator can only take things so far, however.  What really makes the GB area such a wonderful and vibrant community is each and every one of you.  You all take part in the most enthusiastic manner.  You provide help and support to each other as well as encouragement when needed.  It is really quite inspiring to see.

So, far from being the poisoned chalce that I was warned about, the role of Groupbuild moderator has turned out to be a great prvilege - one that I thank you all for.

So, once again, thank you to each and every one of you who has taken part in the community over the past year.  Or whenever really...     It really has been a lot of fun!  :thanks:

And now we have 2021 to look forward to.  The Calendar is available here. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235085950-2021-gb-and-stgb-calendar/

Happy New Year, everyone!  :cheers:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11

It's all thanks to your tireless work behind the scene that the GB scene works so well Enzo. The rest of us, like an orchesta, have our roles but it's all orchestrated by a great conductor.

A quick glance at your latest edition of the GB calendar (not the Kylie one) shows it'll be another busy year and great fun with it :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All this reminds me... we definitely need the "love" button to react with 😘

:rofl2:

Seriously, thank you Enzo for everything so far!  Best regards from Finland, we are already in year 2021, I hope it's a better one for everyone!

V-P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks for all the time you put in for us Enzo. I hope 2021 is a great year for you and brings health, wealth and happiness as well as perfectly drying paint!

Same to all the other Britmodellerb brothers and sisters

• Thanks 1

Arr Enzo the Magnificence, what would we do without you? :worthy:

Probably running around all over the place shrieking like demented cats on acid! :D

Nup you do an amazing and often unthanked job "trying" to keep everything running along smoothly....dispute the best efforts of some of us! :P

Ummm I only just noticed that the GB/STGB Future polls closed (when did that happen?), I think all the right boxes/choices where ticked, am looking forward to the GB's?STGB's continuing to grow. :thumbsup:

On a lesser note I have come to the conclusion that I live a very sad life!!!  I've just updated the Holy Spreadsheet to include 2022 builds and planned builds.......and it's only the 1st Jan 2021!!!  :doh:

God I think I may need some serious help.............though I hear retail therapy is good for that....hello evilBay!!!!  :D

Happy New Modelling Year to everyone!!!! :party: :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As an administrator on one other scale modelling forum, I know how hard can it be when you try to fulfill everyone's wish, and on the other hand to be sharp and decisive when rules are to be applied.

Britmodeller is faaaaar bigger forum than our local, so I can only imagine what it looks like being in Enzo's shoes! (not literally of course 😈).

So, Enzo, my deepest admiration for all the work you did so far here - these latest tunings (tidying up everything and reorganizing GB subforums) are really big work but also made so much some order, and everything is now much easier to find. Also, 95% of my being on Britmodeller forum is just right here - in GB section, so I can tell you that I almost feel like at home when I share my scalemodelling projects and thoughts with you mates!

I wish you all Happy New 2021, with hope that it brings us all a lot more fun than worries that 2020. did!

Take care, stay safe and healthy, and.. well.. it's holidays time - on to the food and drinks... + kits of course :D

Cheers and sincere greetings from Belgrade, Serbia!

Srđan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

And now we have 2021 to look forward to.  The Calendar is available here. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235085950-2021-gb-and-stgb-calendar/

Hmmm... Blitzbuild pt.1 seem like Doc and Marty from "Back to the future" organized it - start: 29.05.2021 - end: 31.05.2003. (or 3003?) 😁

• Haha 2

spacer.png

Did someone mention cats?

Merry Christmas fellow GBers and many thanks to all those who have commented and up voted on any of my builds this year, very encouraging for a 1.5 year rookie.

Thanks Enzo and the GB moderators.

Here's to 2021, may your builds all be successful.

• Like 4

Enzo, you do a marvellous job running the group builds and I can't thank you enough. I feel very fortunate to be part of the vibrant group build community of cats that you herd, and I can't wait to get stuck in to the 2021 group builds. So, thanks again, and a happy new year to you too Enzo.

• Like 1

Happy New Year Enzo and all my fellow GB modellers. The GB area is where I do 99% of my builds, I’ve learnt so many top tip over the years. Happy 2021 modelling.

• Like 2

Happy New Year and thank you Enzo - as a few others noted, the GBs on BritModeller are awesome. The GB area is pretty much the only place I visit online for modelling now - I know there are other good sites (or presumably other parts of BM) but I get literally all I need from here. 

During the covid year I have to also say this was the only place I found online where people really kept it clean and fun and uplifting. Thanks to all for that because I really leaned on GBs to get me through!

Wishing all the best to all of you for the 2021 group builds (and your lives outside modelling too, haha)!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like many others on the GB area is where I spend nearly all of my time on BM, I have lost count of how many I have joined in since becoming a member 6 years ago and they have been a great inspiration to my modelling, not to mention keeping the stash over stocked!

This last year the GB section has really proved it's worth and has certainly helped me and many others focus on something else other than what has been going on around us, and has certainly given us something to do during our various lockdowns. And steering us through it all has been Enzo, you may occasionally have been the butt of a few jokes but you put a lot of time and effort into looking after us down here in the BM basement and it is really appreciated, so thank you.

A slightly belated Happy New Year to you all, especially all the friends I have met through the GB's.

• Like 2

@Enzo Matrix, I'm even later to the party than @modelling minion, and after reading your post I believe there was something stuck in my eye... I discovered the GB section in 2020 and I'm staying! It's great fun and it's good to have someone to watch over all this! Great job you're doing, keep it up! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Enzo Matrix I actually only build in GB's due to having far too many subjects that I'm interested in.

It's an honour and privilege to be one of your Mods on these GBs, and to continue to encourage others to join a GB for the first time.

The great thing is that some of the recent GBs have encouraged a far more diverse set of build subjects out with aircraft which is long overdue. 

Keep up the good work we are right behind you

:partytime:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 4

Well and truly late to this party, 

I like @modelling minion... no that’s not right......

I, like @modelling minion, spend most of my time on BM here in the GB sections, lurking in the shadow that @trickyrich in his yellow budgie smugglers provides, quietly building egg planes and converting the massive to the power of pink primer @nimrod54 looking in your direction. I have made some great friends here, others?...... well, I have been known to look at other people’s homework and borrow ideas,  @JeroenS and his mainly builds without wings!

I have even dragged Little H into the world of BlitzBuild with @JOCKNEY being her biggest fan, and enjoyed everyone of them from the start. 

Enough rambling, thanks @Enzo Matrix for keeping us safe and roughly straight and true. 

Here’s to another great year in the GBs on BM, and I shall leave with

I don’t trust the press. Sometimes they wear badges that say ‘press’,

but if you press those badges they just fall over all surprised.

H

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Oh I see, so you don't like me then!

Thats nice isn't it, let me know via a public forum why don't you!

I thought it was playground rules here, 

Its like like or like going out, but I’m not going out, I’m going out out!

Clear as mud!

• Haha 1