Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

3 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Peugeot 306 was a rounded Horizon I always thought  . 
Gary .

They weren't bad cars tbh especially the diesels but i was never a fan of the shape i was a bigger fan of the 106 and the 206....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

They weren't bad cars tbh especially the diesels but i was never a fan of the shape i was a bigger fan of the 106 and the 206....

I had a 306 Turbo D , one of the first “ performance “ diesels . 
Gary . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alan R said:

"prancing horse in the wings"

Might actually be a "Prancing Moose" - seen them on other Swedish cars before....

IanJ 

• Like 2

Two surprises on today's Post Office run.  A red A-reg Porsche 911 and a white G-reg ('69) Dodge A100 window van with a sweet sounding V8 🎶    Couldn't get my phone out quickly enough, unfortunately.

• Like 3

Followed a BMW 116i yesterday, turned right at the lights, & indicated, left at the roundabout, & indicated & I'm beginning to think what a good little BMW when it stopped in the centre of the road in front of me , then indicated & turned into a drive way. I guess two out of three ain't bad. :)  Today was a very out there looking Toyota in gunmetal metallic grey, a google search turned up a 2019 Supra, with a personalised rego "Slicer", nothing pretentious about it though. ;) :D 

Steve.

• Haha 4

Quite a good day, really. Went to Heybridge basin for a walk and saw...

'D' reg Porsche 924, looked really neat and tidy.

The Volvo Amazon estate that is parked up there.

On the way back, heading towards Goldhanger, a new Alpine A110 in Alpine Blue. With the sun shining on it, it looked absolutely gorgeous!

Oh, and BTW, "Spot of the Year" - The Carrera 4S that lives under its cover at the end of our street and comes out once a year for its MoT. It's only done 257 miles in a year since its last one!

• Like 4

Spotted this morning at Lidl in Sleaford.

spacer.png

Dark green Triumph Herald Estate - E or F reg.  Didn't get much of an opportunity to see the plate properly.

Trevor

• Like 11

Spotted this afternoon - asked my wife to get a photo and believe it or not, this is the best one.  😑  C-reg Capri, wide (X pack?) arches, twin exhaust in the middle,huge red mudflaps fixed with ugly aluminium brackets.

spot7-vi.jpg[/

• Like 9

In North Norfolk this morning, Parked up in a village, a Rover P5 in primrose yellow with a brown vinyl roof. Probably an acquired taste.

A bit later on an early red E type soft top. The reg No had four numerals and two letters so probably a Mk 1.

Minutes later an H reg Elan and then a parked up MGB GT in old English white.

The roads were also infested with camper vans!

• Like 6

On 06/08/2021 at 13:10, bentwaters81tfw said:

Lancia Fulvia like this:

12202782.jpg

Not had a close look yet.

Pretty sure that a Flavia rather then a Fulvia.  Very cool sighting.

Friday at the RAF Scampton Families Day;

spacer.png

The biggest assembly of Lamborghini I've ever seen with a McLaren and Jaguar at the far end separated by another Lamborghini.  Not to my taste, but whatever floats your boat.

Trevor  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, klubman01 said:

Friday at the RAF Scampton Families Day;

spacer.png

The biggest assembly of Lamborghini I've ever seen with a McLaren and Jaguar at the far end separated by another Lamborghini.  Not to my taste, but whatever floats your boat.

Trevor  

Great shot . I’m up the road from Scampton . Was this a car meet or a private do ? Wish Scampton could be developed like Biscester has . So much history there for it to be turned into a housing estate . Passing by on the A15 gets me quite emotional about all that flew from there . 
Gary . 

• Like 1

Not a car meet or a private do.  This was the families day, a chance for the families to have a bit of fun.  The Red Arrows did a couple of displays.  I was there with Bomber County Minis who had been invited to attend, courtesy of a member who in the RAF.  I can only assume the Lambos were there for similar reasons.

spacer.png

Trevor

• Like 8

Two today, although it must be said that rainy weather and using a dashcam do not combine to give great pics.

Firstly, on the way into work a very bright yellow first generation Honda NSX. And on the way back tonight what I thought at first was a 1940s Ford pickup, but that vertically barred grille is giving me second thoughts now.

51368934850_8bcda431b0_b.jpg

• Like 6

The only interesting car seen on the soggy way back from Cornwall on Saturday was a Sebring style black MGB GT that ran alongside for a while.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spiny said:

And on the way back tonight what I thought at first was a 1940s Ford pickup, but that vertically barred grille is giving me second thoughts now.

That's exactly what it is.  They used the same front end from 1942 to 1947, but due to the war stopping production, most were '46 - '47 models. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1