Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

This morning I went out to fill MrsT's car up and do a bit of grocery shopping. I was driving up Sharp Lane near Middleton in Leeds  and (not a million miles, I think, from Fatfingers) when I was forced to stop by an AA van that was taking up a lot of road. On the other side was an immaculate, but very stationary, British Racing Green MGB GT. It was a 'L' reg vehicle (1972?) with Rostyle wheels. It was away from the kerb and looked as if it had just died in the middle of the road.

• Sad 3

Hi all

Been to another Retros meet at Headcorn Aerodrome.

A cracking morning,  of cars and planes,  Had a lovely Spitfire and Tiggie flying today amongst the light aircraft.

A lovely Jag , roundels were signed and looked absolutely awesome, lovely Fastback too :P:whistle:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ultra cool Ford pickup camper.

spacer.png

Lovely Lotuses

spacer.png

Wonderful Splitty

spacer.png

Mexivan

spacer.png

Nice XR3i

spacer.png

Cool Radio truck???

spacer.png

One for @andyj

spacer.png

Lovely Amazon

spacer.png

Cool Uraco, speaking with the owner, he advised this car was Chris Godleys at one time, of Godley and Cream. 

spacer.png

Chris

• Like 13

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

Been to another Retros meet at Headcorn Aerodrome.

A cracking morning,  of cars and planes,  Had a lovely Spitfire and Tiggie flying today amongst the light aircraft.

A lovely Jag , roundels were signed and looked absolutely awesome, lovely Fastback too :P:whistle:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ultra cool Ford pickup camper.

spacer.png

Lovely Lotuses

spacer.png

Wonderful Splitty

spacer.png

Mexivan

spacer.png

Nice XR3i

spacer.png

Cool Radio truck???

spacer.png

One for @andyj

spacer.png

Lovely Amazon

spacer.png

Cool Uraco, speaking with the owner, he advised this car was Chris Godleys at one time, of Godley and Cream. 

spacer.png

Chris

A beautiful selection of cars Chris but....the Mustang steals the show for me awesome car thanks for the pic's mate 👍 

• Like 1

It's not every day that you get let out into traffic by the Bluesmobile :) Yes, I'm another one here who has been attending attending a car show, this one just down the road.

Obviously, when a good photo opportunity presents itself, you just have to press the shutter

51493289161_065b16ae60_b.jpg

Although personally, I think this orange Lamborghini is much nicer:

51493507443_f4898509cb_b.jpg

Also, despite the rubbish picture, I think this one has the sublime and the ridiculous in one place.

51492493737_f46675f88d_b.jpg

This one is just sublime though:

51493506778_854295ce52_b.jpg

While this one is tending more towards the ridiculous (and yet for some reason there is a sick and twisted part of my brain which likes it) - a Bentley Flying Spur converted to a pick-up

51493506118_33317a616d_b.jpg

Not all expensive stuff though

51493996024_9ca1094f3e_b.jpg

And at the end and since we're talking Mexicos, this was in the car park:

51493311576_a154638d3c_b.jpg

The full set of pictures is in this link (assuming I've done it right):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r5e9Wb5aXDKSVnn37

• Like 12

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I was thinking that, looks like the owner has good taste....!! :)

😄Thanks Keith  you're a star.  Agreed re the van  although it was in stunning condition. 

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

A beautiful selection of cars Chris but....the Mustang steals the show for me awesome car thanks for the pic's mate 👍 

Thought you'd like that one Andy. It sounded gorgeous when it left. Although nothing sounded as good as the Spitfire Mk IX taking off next to us. 

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

since we're talking Mexicos, this was in the car park:

Now that's just the business! Friend of mine in the Uni motor club had a brand spanking new Le Mans green Mex of which I was insanely jealous - as I am of the owner of that one....!!

K

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I love the Bentley,a lesson in how to make something usefull...I wonder how it'd get on against a Holden Maloo UTE it's certainly got that Australian look about it...

I suspect it might win out in the performance stakes (it's got about 100 extra bhp and 4WD for a start) despite the extra weight, but lose out when it comes to economy. And I doubt there's many vehicles, let alone pickups, which you could say that about when compared to a Maloo 😄

Incidentally, today's spots (without pics) - an original Fiat 500 on Italian plates which really seemed to be struggling to keep up with traffic on Euston Road (don't envy them driving it here from Italy!) and the chome-pink McLaren was in it's semi-usual position outside St. Pancras hotel.

• Like 2

Yesterday afternoon at Cambridge Services;

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not entirely sure what it is as there were no badges.  It looks suspiciously like a Holden from the V8 Supercar series from down under.  I'm certain there is someone on this forum who can make a positive identification.  Looks pretty fearsome, whatever it is.

Trevor

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Kitkent said:

I would hazard a guess at Monaro as well,maybe racing in the Britcar series? I didn't know they had classic cars at Headcorn,in the last couple of years it looks as though they have been making more use of Headcorn airfield. Chris.

Cheers Chris, that makes sense.

Today I followed a proper "old school" Porsche 911 for several miles down the M11.  Red, RHD, 1965 C reg.  Looked really well maintained, not recently restored.  Sadly, no pictures.

Trevor

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kitkent said:

I would hazard a guess at Monaro as well,maybe racing in the Britcar series? I didn't know they had classic cars at Headcorn,in the last couple of years it looks as though they have been making more use of Headcorn airfield. Chris.

Oh yes it's  a lovely trip out  I think the next retros run is on 17/10/21.  There wasn't as many there this time but tge threat of heavy showers may have put some off.

Chris

9 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Looks pretty fearsome,

Indeed it does, cracking looking machine!

But can it be an actual racecar with tobacco sponsorship? Looks too new to be a historic? Does seem to be properly prepared though....

Keith

• Like 2

• Mike locked this topic