Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

Been a surprisingly busy week in car stuffs, for me and my team decided to create some contents with this big boi last weekend:

IMG-5116.jpg

A 700hp A80 Supra. Got my friend's new A90 GR Supra with 500hp tagging along too.

IMG-5131.jpg

And just last Thursday we have BMW M dealer visiting out hometown for a test drive event with new M3 and M4

IMG-5551.jpg

New M4 actually looks fine in real life. True spiritual successor of A80 Supra in my book. Would still take the M3 instead, though, that one looks ruddy special.

• Like 6

A classic car show ten minutes up the road from me today . Lots of not my thing MGs and American cars but these two are my thing ….

Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia X , on TRX tyres as well !

51456990109_11c12fb62c_c_d.jpg

BMW 316 , 97000 miles on . 
51456250701_69d9d2d8b6_c_d.jpg

Gary . 

• Like 12

I saw a Mk.2 Granada on the way to work the other day.  Still looks a nice car.

Today there was a really lovely dark grey XK150 fixed head at the pub we went too for lunch, and a fine Ford Anglia Estate passed by outside.  Possibly a bit restomodded going by its alloys.  Not sure I even knew such a model existed!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Windy37 said:

A classic car show ten minutes up the road from me today . Lots of not my thing MGs and American cars but these two are my thing ….

Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia X , on TRX tyres as well !

51456990109_11c12fb62c_c_d.jpg

BMW 316 , 97000 miles on . 
51456250701_69d9d2d8b6_c_d.jpg

Gary . 

When BMW fitted indicators!!!😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Mr Mansfield said:

spacer.png

Hi Mr Mansfield,

I believe I saw that self same Daimler Dart a couple of weeks back.

Would the 'sleepy village' be Lacock, by any chance?

The Dart was a rather nice example, if I recall.

Cheers,

Alan.

Edited by Alan R
Text got screwed up.. :(
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Alan R said:

Hi Mr Mansfield,

I believe I saw that self same Daimler Dart a couple of weeks back.

Would the 'sleepy village' be Lacock, by any chance?

The Dart was a rather nice example, if I recall.

Cheers,

Alan.

Why yes it was! We’d been looking at stone circles all day & this was the highlight for me 😂

• Like 3

It was tucked away behind a Range Rover in the car park as I drove past so didn't really get much of a shot on the dashcam, but totays 'highlight' was a T-reg Nissan Primera. Nothing exceptional in that, but someone had decided to give it a full urban camo wrap...

And you all thought the chrome Evoque was bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

18 hours ago, Mr Mansfield said:

Why yes it was! We’d been looking at stone circles all day & this was the highlight for me 😂

We live only a few miles from Lacock, so it is one of those places we visit on a quiet Sunday afternoon.

You often see some good (and not-so-good) examples of older British cars there. Must be the ghost of Miss Marple, or something! :)

There used to be some pretty good hostelries, pre-pandemic. Not sure what it's like at the moment...

Cheers,

Alan

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alan R said:

We live only a few miles from Lacock, so it is one of those places we visit on a quiet Sunday afternoon.

You often see some good (and not-so-good) examples of older British cars there. Must be the ghost of Miss Marple, or something! :)

There used to be some pretty good hostelries, pre-pandemic. Not sure what it's like at the moment...

Cheers,

Alan

We stayed in Bath, so cant comment on the hostelries, but it was a beautiful village. I’m a bit jealous you live there. Much nicer than north London!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spiny said:

It was tucked away behind a Range Rover in the car park as I drove past so didn't really get much of a shot on the dashcam, but totays 'highlight' was a T-reg Nissan Primera. Nothing exceptional in that, but someone had decided to give it a full urban camo wrap...

And you all thought the chrome Evoque was bad.

Could have been worse, could have been a white Nissan cherry with all the colour coded spoilers, mirrors and wipers!!! 

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A few spots to catch up on.  First from Oulton Park a couple of weeks ago.

y4mKF4owY7DnSR9t_x2x4vwRGwV9Tm4HBRJd6jTo

Aston Martin DB4 GT.

y4mzBymS6zIZSjvnKPfXj1Xg6xiHIINJPEbjOze6

A Mitsubishi Colt, a South African import, I think.

y4mPtLbVjnGMZet67tBc3UC2T8UoU6Nxg_ad9ZXe

A Bristol 401 with bodywork by Touring of Milan.  I believe this inspired the style of the production 401, although to my eyes it is much more fussy and less pleasing.

From windswept Cheshire to wet Warwickshire and tonight's gathering at the British Motor Museum.

y4mqeTYP3qW5mN283_ZHHU1vfU2h1keYsabnPEOm

A very hard to miss Bond Bug.  The engine wasn't standard although I couldn't tell if it was a tuned Reliant engine or something from a motorcycle, but it was very loud.

y4mfC8DGIwabJzyfWEM__cy16C8ljbyJboz64TPF

A Porsche 912.  It's all Porsche from here...

y4mCDiluBXckrhtpIJ4Emxl4qs_KgcouY5nMUKnl

A very nice 911.

y4m7dJkKMX8fvhFHB_OK1bybaaK8upzrUw0utisP

And my favourite of today, a 356C

• Like 14

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Nice looking 'posh' Imp in the background of the 911 - Chamois? Stilletto? DVLA has it down as a Hillman, so maybe not....

I really like the Colt!

Keith

They're fogs/spots not twin headlights and it's  not a fastback so I reckon it's a tuned / modded formerly bog Hillman.  Back in the day my mum had one of the last Sunbeam Sports (exactly the same as the one in the Forth Bridge brochure, even same colour "Wardance").

• Like 2

8 hours ago, malpaso said:

even same colour "Wardance"

I had a rally prepared Wardance Red Avenger Tiger!

Did wonder if they were spots rather than twin headlamps, thought the inner ones looked a bit smaller. But I didn't have my reading specs on to see properly.....!! :)

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, malpaso said:

They're fogs/spots not twin headlights and it's  not a fastback so I reckon it's a tuned / modded formerly bog Hillman.  Back in the day my mum had one of the last Sunbeam Sports (exactly the same as the one in the Forth Bridge brochure, even same colour "Wardance").

Looks to me as if it has a rollcage , or at least the back half , fitted . Just behind the passenger side door pillar there is what looks like a main roll hoop and a brace back to the rear inner arch . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rs2man said:

Looks to me as if it has a rollcage , or at least the back half , fitted . Just behind the passenger side door pillar there is what looks like a main roll hoop and a brace back to the rear inner arch . 

Indeed, noticed that too.

K

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr Mansfield said:

I’m a bit jealous you live there. Much nicer than north London!

I grew up in west Kent. There are some beautiful parts there, but I do prefer the west country.

Mind you, where I live it's all a bit suburban...

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1