Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

11 hours ago, klubman01 said:

At Sleaford Classic Car and Motorcycle Show yesterday - four VW campervans, three of which are split window types.

spacer.png

Trevor

Lovely line up of buses, would love any of them , especially the cross over bay window nearest the camera, very nice and smooth drive .  Miss my bay window 😪

• Like 1

Loving the Bristol above,real quality. The Lotus Cortina I'm not quite convinced is genuine after looking inside,but I could well be wrong,it looks brand new from the outside. And the Cortina mk4,you never ever see these now! Chris.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MR2Don said:

Which, using MoT history, no longer exists!😪

Might still be around - could be sorned, or back on the road after a long period of sorn. Our Mini has no MOT history for the past 7 years as it's been on SORN in the garage. And if we ever get it back on the road it's now MOT exempt so won't have any 'future history'...

Keith

• Like 2

Yesterday I saw a silver Lotus 7 (with full cage, etc.) and a dark blue TVR (not sure which model) near Grantham.  On the A1 there was a white pony car (Camaro or Firebird) going north on a trailer.  Only caught a brief glimpse. 

Best spot of the day was shortly afterwards - a light grey Trabant heading south on the A1 (where the 50 mph roadworks zone is) south of Grantham.  A Trabbie! The first I've seen in UK.  It was on G prefix British plates.

• Like 3

Today, a Dolomite in yellow. No vinyl roof, so don't think it was a Sprint, and a "Cobra". Couldn't be certain it was original.

Oh, and a couple of days ago, the yellow Dyane again, closer to it this time so I could see it's condition, which I would put down as "not brilliant"!

• Like 4

Several today but only one really worthy of this thread, there was a Volvo estate I think probably a V60, parked on the side of the road with 4 flat tyres. :( Slashed/spiked/deflated, who would know, someone will be well peed off, then later a Holden Colorado double cab ute, leather trim, top of the line model but obviously a bugger to park, taking up two parallel, as in nose to tail, parks in the supermarket car park. The auto park must of broken down :(  😠, but best of all & most worthy, a Holden HG ute, late 70s, in the fairly common beige colour of the day, it looked unrestored, tidy but with some patina, & a tray full of bicycles. nice. :) 

Steve.

• Like 4

Coming home from work today I was followed by a pale gold J reg ('91) BMW 5 series.

It looked good in the rear view mirror, a proper Beamer with a proper grille.

The modern ones look like they need the black protective film to be peeled off.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

A bit of class today. Another (or maybe even the same one) "Cobra", from a distance, heard before seen, if you see what I mean, and a 1997 green BMW 840, looked very nice, but reading its MoT history - boy, has it had some problems!!

• Like 2