Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

26 minutes ago, Veltro said:

Probably does, but it was completely and totally bog standard, wheels included. 

Standard Production car class for sprints and hillclimbs - safety equipment allowed, nothing else is. :)

Keith

• Like 2

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Standard Production car class for sprints and hillclimbs - safety equipment allowed, nothing else is. :)

Keith

Not familiar with competition and class rules myself, so that explains it :) It was pretty spotless I have to say, and I've always quite liked the shape of the old Avenger.

• Like 2

Had one of those "WTF" moments this afternoon.  In my residential road in Sleaford, a bright lime green McLaren (not sure sure which sort).  I still don't know what to think of them - desirable car, or "more money than taste/sense".

Trevor

Edited by klubman01
spelling
  • Like 3

Out checking the mail box the other day when a throaty roar brought my head up with a jerk, as a early noughties Porsche 911 Carrera in golden yellow shot past, the ones with the Boxster style headlights. Looks & sounded pretty cool I thought.

Steve.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Sorry, but that's just wrong....!! :fraidnot:

Keith

Wrong is far too mild a comment for that monstrosity . I am rendered speechless since the only words I can find to adequately describe it aren't allowed on this site .

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, malpaso said:

Apart from the questionable wrap, it seems a bit of a dog's breakfast of random mini parts through the ages.  

It's an Aussie build Mini and the "mix of parts" is how they were produced (plus a Zeemax body kit).

Trevor

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

It's an Aussie build Mini and the "mix of parts" is how they were produced (plus a Zeemax body kit).

Trevor

I never realized they built Mini's in Australia,you learn things everyday.....As for the wrap i'm with everyone else,looks horrid but at least it isn't a Range Rover....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Minis were built here from about 1960 or '61 until British Leyland (as it was known that week) closed down the plant in Zetland in the mid '70s. Initially they built what was called the Morris 850 (essentially the English Mini Minor), but in 1962 (I think ...) they upgraded it with wind-up windows, Hydrolastic suspension and the 1098cc "A" series engine, the last two from the Morris 1100 (also being built here at the time). They called it the Mini K, and it was not a bad set of wheels at all - my brother had one and, fitted it with a cleaned-up head, a pair of 1 1/4" SUs and extractors. it went like stink! The K in turn was "upgraded" (just a reworked front end and new tail lights) a couple of years later to what was used as the basis of the Queensland abomination we see here.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Sorry, but that's just wrong....!! :fraidnot:

Keith

My first car was a mini clubman estate in a dull green colour so I brush painted it black added white alloys bodged together a cherry bomb back box and fitted some rather splendid black bucket seats.....it looked wicked....well it did to me anyway 🙄👍

• Like 3

Thanks that's interesting.  I know minis were built in other countries, but not that Aussie ones might have so many elements from different models.  All of which I recognise except the door handles!

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I wouldn't have been anywhere near as upset if it was....!!  🤣

Keith

When i saw it my thought was who one earth would do that to a Mini,when i saw the Range Rover on an earlier page i just burst out laughing....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

a dull green colour so I brush painted it black

My first car was a Morris 1300 in RAF blue grey, but that didn't last long due to a complete lack of a passenger floor...!! Second car was a white Vauxhall Viva - which I brush painted two red stripes over the bonnet, roof and boot to make it look like an AC Cobra. That didn't work so I brush painted the rest of it red too!! It looked totally naff...!! 🤣

K

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

My first car was a Morris 1300 in RAF blue grey, but that didn't last long due to a complete lack of a passenger floor...!! Second car was a white Vauxhall Viva - which I brush painted two red stripes over the bonnet, roof and boot to make it look like an AC Cobra. That didn't work so I brush painted the rest of it red too!! It looked totally naff...!! 🤣

K

Jeez those cars you mention are antiques i didn't realise you were that old 😂😂👍

• Haha 3

So earlier in the thread I mentioned that my first car was a mini clubman estate 🙂. Unfortunately I reversed it into a concrete post and the rear doors never shut properly after that so I part exchanged it against my favourite car that I've ever owned. The picture below although a little grainy shows what I brought and although this car was nothing special I would have it back tomorrow no problem.....definitely my all time best buy i absolutely loved this car and spent a fortune on it 🙂👍

spacer.png

However this led to the biggest mistake i ever made when I eventually part exchanged it for a Austin Montego......a bloody Montego what was I thinking 🙄. That decision still haunts me today but at least I have the pic above 🙂👍

• Like 11