Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

A few around Cromer and Sheringham this afternoon: Rover P6 in red with a black vinyl roof and spare on the boot, a very rusty (patina 🤨) '48-'52 Chevy 3100 cab on a new duallie chassis, today's oddball - an X-prefix Maestro (Bulgarian CKD, presumably), then a very clean B-reg Morris Traveller followed in procession by MkI and Mk2 Consuls.

• Like 2

I forgot to post a number of spots from last weekend, so here goes. 

A week last Friday at the roundabout between the A639 and A654 at Oulton, Leeds, I follows two pre war British saloons. One I think was a Morris 10 and the other was something a little smaller. 

Last Sunday to and from York I saw a, black Wolseley 1500 and  a MGB GT with proper bumpers and wire wheels. On the A1 North  bound a convoy of three WWII US trucks. Two six wheelers, one with an office body and one with a canvas top. The other lorry was a four wheeler with an office body. On the M1 there were two AEC Matadors in WWII colours

• Like 2

Time to catch up on some sightings from the last week.

The first few are from the Great Central Railway's Railways at Work gala.

y4mzVWr4LnNlDpS_akEPPPGQ5rUsAoAIqDetMN2s

A posh Imp derivative, I don't know my Imps well enough but I guess a Singer Chamois.

y4m022LJpBLfc_7Ud149hkJySFYUTlxKZkJfd5Ka

Austin A40.

y4mYLFwOLEfEbyQObv71I9E0lqILc1a4fWBSBeLR

Ford Consul

y4mHklt1YcBq2dlopWF0_3KRN4QknJfPOoVD3sGf

Jowett of some sort, Bradford?

y4mwFbl-6A96Fnbo9WhOP7SXQIHMnuIPlH5uzF6l

Bond Minicar.

Spotted at work.

y4m_qu1B5Tgedyha1ZFxfUh7zXcQauJEOJYeWu4X

Four-door Nissan Skyline.

Italian Car Day at the British Motor Museum.

y4mq3DeoLLTYrZaFn68NMHpXqZUkD7WaKOrbupKp

Fiat 500

y4m2giF7EVLJAyZfV-2qS1Z5NoZy6Mp3luB0UDRl

Fiat X1/9 1300

y4mqi4inGENL1p9Ob5l1OnXvjZcYUvnTnshkHBkd

Fiat 131

y4mEyLTPbICmlQbPkyyKmuRY4-cDDYJDk8nzJKv2

Fiat 124 Spider

y4mleQQohkHxFl134h5q2K2luiQ3RUh9KWo8aE0p

Fiat Panda

y4mCNGhafsCnXVBaLCAHTqq7xvzaZWBaBcDWUkZe

Fiat 500 Gianni

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Some lovely vehicles there, love the Mirafuri and I haven't seen a Fiat Strada for years.  Great photos 

Chris

I agree with the above comments . That Strada Abarth looks cool and were quickest 80s hot hatch for a while . Someone in our village had an X1/9 when i was but a lad  !

Gary . 

• Like 2

Lovely line up John, my Grandad had a Consul more years ago than I'm going to admit to, he used to take me to buy ice creams with it. :) The Fiat 124 shot shows how much nicer the original Spyder was than the MX5 knock off, one of the sweetest cleanest car designs ever imho. I've long lusted after one. Thanks for putting those up.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, johnlambert said:

y4mEyLTPbICmlQbPkyyKmuRY4-cDDYJDk8nzJKv2

Fiat 124 Spider

Back in the day (1970's) Fiat had a rally version of this, with much wider wheel arches and wheels, covered in lights, and with a hardtop. Went incredibly fast and made a stupendous noise. If you youtube Fiat Abarth 124 Rallye, there's some really good footage.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MR2Don said:

Back in the day (1970's) Fiat had a rally version of this, with much wider wheel arches and wheels, covered in lights, and with a hardtop. Went incredibly fast and made a stupendous noise. If you youtube Fiat Abarth 124 Rallye, there's some really good footage.

Just looking at that photo again, is that the new "Fiat 124" next to it, you know it, it's the one that looks exactly like an MX5!!!😃😉

• Like 1

Another split window VW.  Also saw a 1972 or 1973 Mercury Montego in metallic green with a black vinyl roof, but it was going away so I didn't see the front to narrow down the year.

spot9-vi.jpg

Many old Fordson tractors on the beach, only one photo though.

spot10-vi.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MR2Don said:

Just looking at that photo again, is that the new "Fiat 124" next to it, you know it, it's the one that looks exactly like an MX5!!!😃😉

It is indeed.  I think I'd be happy with a Mazda 124 (or is it a Fiat MX5?).

7 hours ago, Windy37 said:

On York ring road one of those Rolls Royce 4x4 things in mid 80s Ford Ghia gold . 

Gary . 

At least the one I saw on a work trip to Surrey last week had the decency to try to hide away in '70s style dark metallic brown, not totally unlike the Datsun 120Y we had when I was little. No pic though, I don't fancy trawling through 3 hours of M25 and associated avoidance dashcam footage to find it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fnick said:

Have to admit I did like the "rust in peace"

That's quite funny for this area! 

Although there is a 'food' wagon near the beach painted up like Del Boy's Reliant and called 'Only food and sauces'...!! 

Ironically as you show your location is Hampshire, we're just back from a weekend up there for grand-daughters birthday - and I 'spotted' more up there in those few days than all year down here, including;

Mk10 and Mk2 Jags, lovely BMW 318is, some kind of Morgan, bright yellow Mk2 MR2 and a few more of those 'where did they all go' cars like an immaculate Peugeot 405., and a Ginetta (I think) race car on a trailer.

Quite a few more that I've forgotten too!

Keith

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MR2Don said:

Blimey! That pink one is a bit fierce on the eyes!  Still, go out in style in that that hearse.

Trevor

• Like 1

Today threw up a Citroen Traction Avant on the A148 near Holt and several bay window VW campers.  I managed a photo of one of the latter, with Fuchs style wheels (presume copies) and some questionable '80s stripe graphics.  Will retrieve it from my phone later...

• Like 2

In Dartmouth yesterday saw a lovely old pickup truck parked by the small inner harbour?

spacer.png

Also saw a Morgan 3 wheeler in British racing Green,  looked lovely but no photos.

On the way home to Kent today saw a Red Mk2 MR2 one for @MR2Don, heading West on the A30 nr Exeter. 

Chris 

• Like 6