Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

7 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

A bright green Lamborghini Anu... sorry Urus! Someone has more money than taste! 🤔

Regards,

Steve

I'm a big Lambo fan but i'd draw the line at one of those monstrosities,why all makers including Supercar manufactarors have to waste their time with SUV's is beyond me,people should just go and by a proper 4x4....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

A bright green Lamborghini Anu... sorry Urus! Someone has more money than taste! 🤔

Regards,

Steve

Disgusting aren't they? What is even worse than that though is that it looks as  though a family in the town where I work has his and hers grey and blue versions 🙄

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Disgusting aren't they? What is even worse than that though is that it looks as  though a family in the town where I work has his and hers grey and blue versions 🙄

It’s got a  VW power train so shares the underneath with VW, Skoda and SEAT! You’re paying for the badge.

Trevor

• Like 3

Another Ford, and as I was travelling into the sun another rubbish dashcam picture. This time an absolutely gorgeous Mk 1 Granada in what looked like immaculate condition. :tasty:

EDIT: Helps if I add the photo...

51372808114_0802ae6d81_b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

A few pictures from Tuesday evening at the British Motor Museum and the monthly "Gaydon Gathering".

y4mxZTkijTJAoVMJlD0_anVWPBzoIf5FIlWI_YhU

This mustang was an absolute peach.

y4mIWTms9PliwyMFkeCm6kQgTs9yGG3m4Cm31b8w

Interior was nice too.

y4mXhhdfGTgu6BEV2kFZw51VfXzDG6Q6pu5CFijW

Can't remember when I last saw a Subaru SVX.

y4m6gZoXJxrVlqTdCdQkr1s-P2ZDyybn8L-06TR4

I love an ADO16.

y4mm4gFvtwZ6sy5QoCHsQg4ZI4E0f6UPEp_Q2WkU

Plenty of MGBs, as you might expect.  I know there's a WIP for an Aoshima rubber bumper B in brown, which inspired me to point my camera at this one.

y4mAi2aAVv0koRCK-XP50H7o3-dPFQwvS1n7sUXV

More modern classics were represented too, like this BMW 635CSi

y4m9Jt_S6XXwD1zarn4YsHGcmsTQO9ZL5SOHoz_H

And this Alfa Romeo GTV6.

y4m3TkjapJ941dUNbFGjIfSBio521PGE1Q9EmOJS

If you like Ferraris you could have seen this in blue.

y4mxuCY3DBbLQ11dzctS-bU0rDqA7HWA0anpEXKH

Or a more traditional red.

y4mbRIS45NYyEt3qonDPHgeQ2H-fLSU5Kfd9Ng-x

There were bikes too.

y4matECIWOnZg38B2CMKYMM1T03j0x-TLO0ZHbYd

But the highlight for me was this Bentley.  I recognised it immediately even though I'd never seen it before.

y4mtAhwwe5AVXtWuXdgJyTttq3l3kTtfLB4y6CsZ

If you've read Thunderball you should recall the description of James Bond's Bentley; a two-seat convertible on an R-type Continental chassis.  The rear-end was described as being, "knife-edged into a rather ugly boot".

y4ma1j-r6wlDqNUW1O0SDDaaR2ZPJ3KjcWLapfyK

The winged "B" mascot was replaced by an octagonal bolt.  My only criticism is that the colour is rather too shiny, in print it was painted rough, not gloss battleship grey.

y4mBCrCV4hQXK3TMl80umoIkGJ8dgQpTFtrAtrfx]

Interior trimmed in a style befitting a gentleman secret agent.

• Like 14

Bond's book Bentley is on my list of 1/32 car conversions to make

Day of the Triffids . . . . sports cars 

Not in the same place, different roads in North Down.

In no particular order

A yellow Lamborghini, not a Countach

A mean looking all black newish type Aston Martin. I think its the one I saw before

A bright blue new type Ford Mustang, as above

An old Ferrari. I think it might have been a 250 GTO. It was not far from the local MOT centre and it appeared to be in a situation of it 'failing to proceed'

A black-bumper MGB

A black-bumper MGC (GT?)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, johnlambert said:

y4m9Jt_S6XXwD1zarn4YsHGcmsTQO9ZL5SOHoz_H

And this Alfa Romeo GTV6.

The GTV6 is mine,there used to be a couple over here in the 80's and i can still hear the gorgeous growl from them that you could hear before you saw them...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, johnlambert said:

A few pictures from Tuesday evening at the British Motor Museum and the monthly "Gaydon Gathering".

y4mxZTkijTJAoVMJlD0_anVWPBzoIf5FIlWI_YhU

This mustang was an absolute peach.

I'm fairly certain that's the one I saw last Saturday. There might well be more than one black 1966 coupe in the county, but seems more likely it's the same one.

The Bentley is rather nice.

• Like 1

John Lambert's photos re very good, but there is never an MR2 there, of any of the three marks. however...Mk3 round the corner this morning,, silver, hard top, non standard wheels, but looked very nice.

• Like 2

It was a good afternoon for spotting today. I'd just delivered the beer to the Leagate pub just outside Coningsby.

I waiting to get out of the pub car park and was waved out into the queue by the driver of a very nice red Hillman Imp. Lowered and on wide wheels.

Just around the corner I saw a white R reg Rover 2000 in the traffic coming towards me. 

At a garage on the outskirts of Woodhall Spa I saw a side view of an early Vauxhall Cavalier two door hatchback.

In Metheringham, a 30's Rolls Royce and a red F reg Bentley. Plus a late 20's, I think, saloon with what looked like a brass bonnet. No idea of the make.

• Like 5

On 13/08/2021 at 12:25, MR2Don said:

John Lambert's photos re very good, but there is never an MR2 there, of any of the three marks. however...Mk3 round the corner this morning,, silver, hard top, non standard wheels, but looked very nice.

There was a MR2 in the supermarket car park this morning.

y4m0zvfxzjoJADa6Bg_rNPkfZQgmNtecliE5XH0r

• Like 3

2 hours ago, johnlambert said:

There was a MR2 in the supermarket car park this morning.

y4m0zvfxzjoJADa6Bg_rNPkfZQgmNtecliE5XH0r

Very nice, not that common to see a mk1 nowadays. Can't read the numberplate, so can't check its MoT history, see how many times "corrosion" got mentioned!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MR2Don said:

Very nice, not that common to see a mk1 nowadays. Can't read the numberplate, so can't check its MoT history, see how many times "corrosion" got mentioned!!

I can't remember when I last saw a Mk1 MR2.  If I see it again I'll try and get a clearer shot of the numberplate for you.

• Thanks 1