Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

And tonight on the A46, just north of Leicester at the Hobby Horse island.

An immaculate Nissan Bluebird ZX Turbo in black on the F-Plate - Almost down to single figures on the road now....

IanJ 

• Like 5

Out and about this morning and it yielded some good "spots".

There was a white Ferrari California, dark blue/purple Toyota Mr2 Mk3 with gold wheels (which I see quite often) and three Nissan Figaros (one grey, one pink and one mirror-finish pink).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

Out and about this morning and it yielded some good "spots".

There was a white Ferrari California, dark blue/purple Toyota Mr2 Mk3 with gold wheels (which I see quite often) and three Nissan Figaros (one grey, one pink and one mirror-finish pink).

And now a green (pistachio?) FIgaro just drove past the end of my road.  Where are they all coming from/going?  They're not all travelling in the same direction so I don't think there's a meet somewhere.

No idea what this was, but it looked very cool. Spotted on a Norfolk A-Road yesterday. A sharp looking mid size crossover electric, neat boxy Giugaro-look, wide but shallow “grille” like a black chocolate bar, and a large raised “+” on the bonnet for a badge. Very stylish and “next gen” looking. Wondering if our friends at Lotus are doing some development work on something from elsewhere…

EDIT: with a bit of help from Twitter, it was a Polestar 2

best,

M.

• Like 1

Today's the day the just keeps on giving.  I had to pop to the shop, which yielded something vintage and sporty (was too far away to be more specific); low, bare alloy body, spindly wire wheels and a long, pointed tail.

There was also a Mini 1275GT, slightly scruffy in red with a white roof and boot lid.  And another Nissan Figaro (or it might have been one of the ones from earlier).

I also forgot to upload this yesterday:

y4m5WFgEmtPn4OP8w4x55LnD5rtUHDvkINXMQ_yy

• Like 6

3 hours ago, johnlambert said:

And now a green (pistachio?) FIgaro just drove past the end of my road.  Where are they all coming from/going?  They're not all travelling in the same direction so I don't think there's a meet somewhere.

Figaro meet at Walton Hall apparently.

IanJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I was out for a drive in mt Saxo this morning I saw a very nice Rover 2200SC on an N plate in Mexico Brown and a green Mazda MX-5 on an H plate. No pics as I didn't have my camera with me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johnlambert said:

There was a white Ferrari California,

If it was a '63/'64 model it could be Chris Evans. 

4 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Figaro meet

Nissan Micra with limited spares availability, apparently.

My spot today, N reg Hillman Avenger in Afrika Korps pale yellow.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

If it was a '63/'64 model it could be Chris Evans. 

A modern one, far less interesting, if it had been a '63 or '64 I'd have identified it as a Ferrari 250 California ;)

• Like 1

I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of it, but there's a Freelander parked nearby that's been made even uglier with the addition of a lumpy body kit.  🧐

Must be my lucky day, because I came across this just now.

no-vi.jpg

Edited by Six97s
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

Just come back from a bit of a break and spotted this on Day 1. I hated it at first but by Day 7 it had really grown on me. It has a style all of its own and though you can't unsee its heritage once you know (answer below* for those who don't want to know), I think I'd like to have a go at one. It's a kind of DB4GT Zagato/250 SWB homage and I'd love to see it finished.

001 (7a)

001 (3)

(*Mazda MX5)

• Like 6

I guess it's for practical reasons, but I think it would look a lot better with a bit less front overhang....

Interesting thing though and a whole lot better than any MR2 based ''Ferrari''.....!!

Keith

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I guess it's for practical reasons, but I think it would look a lot better with a bit less front overhang....

Interesting thing though and a whole lot better than any MR2 based ''Ferrari''.....!!

Keith

I dunno, there are some MR2 Mk2 based 246 “Dino”’s that look the biz and apparently go quite nicely…

best,

M.

• Like 1

I think it looks quite good.  Certainly evokes an Aston-Martin-esque image.  Would look better if the paintwork was finished.

Is it a commercially available kit to do the conversion?

Trevor

25 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

I think it looks quite good.  Certainly evokes an Aston-Martin-esque image.  Would look better if the paintwork was finished.

Is it a commercially available kit to do the conversion?

Trevor

I assumed it was a kit but I don't know which. There was a BMW-based '250 GT SWB convertible' [sic] replica at Scramble last month. That one did look strange.

In the car park of Dean's Garden Centre at Stockton on the Forest near York, a cream 1936 Austin 10 saloon in immaculate condition and sounded pretty good when it set off. Sorry no photos, but phone was with Mrs T at the time. 

• Like 3