Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

A Mini 1275GT yesterday. Looked a bit tatty but sounded well. Had to pull in to let it pass and gave the lad driving it a thumbs up as he went by which he seemed rather pleased with 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Like 4

A Lotus Europa in yellow, in a considerable state of undress/distress, if you get my meaning. Sitting up to the side of a property near Takeley. It's been there a while, I first spotted it about 6 months ago and couldn't identify it  but had traffic behind me so couldn't investigate, but today I was able to slow down and a look over my shoulder confirmed. It doesn't look like it's being restored, just sitting there with several bits missing.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

A Lotus Europa in yellow

Oops, it's not! It's an Elite, Type 75 or 83. Twigged it by Googling the Europa and then realised it's nothing like one. Much searching of Lotus models found the right one! So, my over the shoulder at low speed eyesight isn't as good as I thought!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

A real rarity today, spied from the kitchen window at work an A-reg Nisan (might still have been a Datsun, actually) Stanza in burgundy.

That would be right on the cusp of losing the Datsun badge. My first car was a 1983 and was badged Datsun Nissan - by 1984 the Datsun name had been dropped (in the UK at least) as far as I'm aware.

Best I could come up with today was a G-reg Volvo 240 GL (in surprisingly good condition for being driven around London) unless you count the Ferrari 599 / McLaren (somthing)/Gallardo convoy.

• Like 2

This afternoon, an ice cream van just up the road.  This proves that

4 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Some minutes ago Alfa Spider passing our road. Clearly summer is coming.

Vesa is right - summer must be here (?)

Trevor

• Like 1

Aha. I had a boss years back who had one of these. If ever a car didn't fit with the character of the owner, this is it!

I very much doubt he'll read this, but he was a software section manager and his other (main) interest in life was ice skating, often to be seen pirouetting around the local ice rink, pretty good at it. His was "W" reg, don't know which variant that would be. First time we saw him get into in in the car park, we all did a double take!

That one looks neat and tidy!

• Like 1

I

52 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

That one looks neat and tidy!

Last letter in register plate tells that this is in local History registry. I was myself looking some years ago good early Esprit and I was able find one. I was with my wife to look that and her comment was: This looks a bit home made in a shed.....

You can guess did I buy that one.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I'd happily buy the Opel GT. If I had the money and it wasn't thousands of miles away.😀

It's looks like it's in good shape. Shipping wouldn't be to much. 😬 I'm an old Ford guy so the Comet interest me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beauslx said:

It's looks like it's in good shape. Shipping wouldn't be to much. 😬 I'm an old Ford guy so the Comet interest me.

I didn't think I knew the Comet but looking at photos online I have definitely seen it on TV shows. A big old nice looking American bruiser. It would not be suitable for the streets around my way. 😀