Spot of the day, Part 4

keefr22

Hello guys, some variety in the Nhood in the last few days:

50911784743_8eac16d253_b.jpg

Above, the mid 70's Chevy square body - you can see, it's lowered, wider tires, no rear bumper and matte gunmetal color.  These commonly run the Chevy 350 small block, carbureted, often with a new cam and headers - noisy and fast.    Ahead of it BTW is a 5.0l Mustang - almost ubiquitous around certain nhoods - note the larger (diameter and width) than stock rims he has on it.  And as nhoods change, the BMW. 

Now, something a bit less likely to be seen around:

50912474181_bba5a24ea1_b.jpg

50912474196_31a1b1c721_b.jpg

Wow! that's a nice restoration!  Saw this while having lunch - so was a bit slow on the draw with the camera -

Cheers

Nick

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Don’t know how he works up the courage to drive amongst the SUVs

Similar problem over here, when ours is running I always feel a little nervous taking it out on the road - and that's with a full roll cage, FIA approved competition seats and full harness belts....!! 

Keith

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Alan R said:

Did anyone notice that it appeared to be RHD?

Looks LHD to me, think there's an empty passenger seat on the right - and in first pic drivers seat belt is coming over his left shoulder....?

Keith

4 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Looks LHD to me, think there's an empty passenger seat on the right - and in first pic drivers seat belt is coming over his left shoulder....?

Keith

I agree.

Trevor

Hello guys, 

Over the weekend I went to visit my parents, and came across this Chevy SSR.  Quite an interesting "truck".  I've seen this parked here before.  As you can see, it's well cared for:

50922853368_f720149df5_b.jpg

50923540486_48bf1b98ef_b.jpg

I don't know how well they perform, or if more of a novelty?   On a separate note, on the way, I thought about the comments above, regarding the mini driving alongside the various SUV's and V8s out and about.  As I was actively paying attention to what I was driving among (maybe and hour and a half on the road), there were indeed plenty of SUV's, but more of the small wagons variety - various KIA, Subaru, Toyota etc, though I did see a big Chevy suburban, and a bright red, Ford F-350 4x4 (which is indeed, huge!).  What was more noteworthy was the relative abundance of Tesla's - at least a dozen of them, and for good measure, a few Prius and a Chevy Volt!.  Granted, this was a weekend, so not commute traffic, still interesting.

@Vince1159 - I like that Chevy too.  They were fairly common in their day,, both lowered as shown, and the 4x4 version with a mild lift - nice trucks.

Cheers

Nick

• Like 5

On Saturday I parked my Mx-5 next to a new Maserati convertible.  Neither car particularly useful for buying stuff as we were at B&Q! 

At the roundabout into the car park I saw a shiny Fiat 128 Sport coupe...havent seen one since my mum's stepmother had one in the 70s.

• Like 5

Hello guys, on a grey day today, I was running errands when I passed this place.  Not a new find, but something I never thought to take a picture of:

50926674998_f3e41a4a1d_h.jpg

50927358651_7bdf0f4b7c_h.jpg

This place is always overflowing with buses! all vintages, two, all wheel drive, you name it.  There are usually a few pretty full-on, off road ready versions out front, too bad none today.  And of course, the surrounding streets are lined with buses in various states of decrepitude.  If your a bus nut, this is your place! 😀

Cheers

Nick

• Like 5

Up at no.1's BM service garage to get mine serviced a customer's car left in for a service. No.1 and his mechanics call this 'Zebra 3'*. I think its a BMW Z3 with a body kit

Z3 = Zeebra 3, ala Starsky & Hutch

Zebedee%20-%20edited-L.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Up at no.1's BM service garage to get mine serviced a customer's car left in for a service. No.1 and his mechanics call this 'Zebra 3'*. I think its a BMW Z3 with a body kit

Z3 = Zeebra 3, ala Starsky & Hutch

Zebedee%20-%20edited-L.jpg

The windscreen and doors are unmistakably BMW Z3.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

The windscreen and doors are unmistakably BMW Z3.

It's a Kobra, which is a Z3 with a body kit which the manufacturers described at a tribute to a cobra 🤔 (at least they had the dignity not to call it a replica).  They also do a equally unconvincing 250Swb.  If ever you see one for sale they never post a photo of the side profile, because like you said the Z3 doors are a dead giveaway.  Also if you look at the interior of one you may notice the airbags aren't very period.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Toftdale said:

It's a Kobra, which is a Z3 with a body kit which the manufacturers described at a tribute to a cobra 🤔 (at least they had the dignity not to call it a replica).  They also do a equally unconvincing 250Swb.  If ever you see one for sale they never post a photo of the side profile, because like you said the Z3 doors are a dead giveaway.  Also if you look at the interior of one you may notice the airbags aren't very period.

Saw one on the road in Crewe one day . It really is a classic case of "If you're going there , I wouldn't start from here " . Looks wrong , sounds wrong . A dreadful creation . 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rs2man said:

"If you're going there , I wouldn't start from here " .

After I posted this, I suddenly thought I hope I've not offended anyone 😔,  because someone obviously likes them and I apologise if I have.  However I think rs2man has summed it up perfectly as to me the heart and soul of a Cobra is as much about the engine (ie a thumping great V8) and the brutality of it as anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Mansfield said:

I saw one of the 250 Cali replicas & thought it looked really good, the windscreen looks all wrong, but in my opinion, it looks better than a Z3

What my late and much lamented father would have called "damnation by faint praise"...

• Like 4