Kinetic 1/48 Lockheed (General Dynamics) F-16B Fighting Falcon

Hello all,

This is the last kit to make it to the finish line in 2020. It's been a productive year.

This is Kinetic's 1/48 F-16B made from the F-16A/B NSAWC Adversary boxing. The decals are from the kit, although I did not like the 'TOPGUN' marking (too wide) so masked and sprayed it. The blues are MRP and the greys are Mr Color. I've really struggled to photograph this one and it's not quite blue enough.

The only aftermarket are some Wolfpack resin seats and an Eduard resin nose wheel. The pitot is brass tubing.

The kit is a pig that was no fun to build whatsoever. You can read my diatribe at https://jonbryon.com/kinetic-1-48-lockheed-general-dynamics-f-16b-fighting-falcon/

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Jon

F16B_21.jpg

F16B_24n.jpg

F16B_23n.jpg

F16B_16n.jpg

F16B_17n.jpg

F16B_20n.jpg

F16B_08n.jpg

F16B_02n.jpg

F16B_48n.jpg

F16B_49n.jpg

F16B_47n.jpg

F16B_30n.jpg

F16B_29n.jpg

F16B_28n.jpg

F16B_26n.jpg

F16B_53n.jpg

F16B_58n.jpg

F16B_57n.jpg

F16B_54n.jpg

F16B_80n.jpg

F16B_81n.jpg

F16B_59n.jpg

F16B_64n.jpg

• Like 48
  • Thanks 3

The kit may have been a pig but what has come of it looks like the proverbial silk purse, very nice indeed!  I have a different version of this same kit and will tackle it in 2021 come hell or high water.  BTW the pictures are great!

• Like 1

That looks outstanding, what a cool F-16! 

Are Kinetic kits always tough to build? Given how expensive they always are I assumed they were even better than Hasegawa! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Are Kinetic kits always tough to build? Given how expensive they always are I assumed they were even better than Hasegawa! 

This is my first one. It was only the second kit they made in 1/48 and I expect things have progressed significantly since 2008. I got most of their 1/48 range in the loft and most of it looks better (in some cases, a lot better) than the F-16.

Jon

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

That looks outstanding, what a cool F-16! 

craking build !

concerning Kinetic...hum....i've done some, and the earlier kits are tough : the Mirage family needs some work, the alphajet the same, the superetendard...also....only the last productions like F-104 or F-18 are better but it is not Tamiya....

• Like 2

Fantastic looking Viper, looks great in the aggressor scheme.

I've got their  Polish Tiger F-16 in the stash, not sure if it's a new tool or not. The Jag was a pig but I'm on the F-104 & it's a cracker.

Pete

• Like 1

Absolutely awesome paintwork, shading and weathering. Very realistic. Just love the agressor camo schemes with infinite variety. Regarding the Kinetic kits I've only built one and that was the 1/72 F-16I Sufa, and it went together surprisingly well so i wonder what they did different in the larger scale?

• Like 1