Vulcan - not Mr Spock

Fascinating, Captain...

It was a joy and delight to find that decent 1/144 scale kits existed. So gems like the Victor, Vulcan, B47 and (when I get one) B52 are actually within reach.

So, to kick off what will hopefully be a MUCH better year for everyone

(vaccines, return to normal, a certain gentleman leaving a big White House, world peace & prosperity, Leicester Tigers sweeping all before them etc) this is the next project...

Bonne année.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

Got my eye on this at a local shop, but man it's pricey for a 1/144 kit. Will follow this one to see if I should just bite the pillow and get it. 

Surprised how dear these small scale aircraft are. The forthcoming B52 looks like it'll be over forty quid.

But Airfix's 1/72 versions are dearer still. So I will settle for the size that fits the cabinet.

This kit seems to need quite a bit of front ballast.

I always hang onto sprue and leftovers from white metal figures for this reason.

If you ever feel like tackling Revell's Fairey Gannet, maybe get a house brick in advance to weigh that bugger down...

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Great subject, always good to see a Vulcan built. And apart from Leicester dominance I agree with all your new year sentiments! 

So which team do you support? I see you're in Cheshire. So, would it be Sale Sharks? If I were to have a 'second team' it would be them.

Or a different league? Do you play?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big Dave S said:

So which team do you support? I see you're in Cheshire. So, would it be Sale Sharks? If I were to have a 'second team' it would be them.

Or a different league? Do you play?

Guessed right in one, Sale Sharks, though we haven’t started as well as I was expecting  despite having some real top quality like Faf and the Du Preezes. Disappointed that Tuilagi got injured so soon after joining, hoping he’s back fit soon!

I used to play but not for a long time now, wondering about joining a vets team when all this Covid is finally over though!

13 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Guessed right in one, Sale Sharks, though we haven’t started as well as I was expecting  despite having some real top quality like Faf and the Du Preezes. Disappointed that Tuilagi got injured so soon after joining, hoping he’s back fit soon!

I used to play but not for a long time now, wondering about joining a vets team when all this Covid is finally over though!

Good luck. I really regret not playing.

Now: Tuilagi.

He is Mr Injury. Sidelines Charlie.

Drove over there in Feb - took almost 3 hrs in horrendous weather - to watch Leicester get dismantled by Sale on a wet Friday night.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Big Dave S said:

Good luck. I really regret not playing.

Now: Tuilagi.

He is Mr Injury. Sidelines Charlie.

Drove over there in Feb - took almost 3 hrs in horrendous weather - to watch Leicester get dismantled by Sale on a wet Friday night.

Cheers fella. You’re right, seems injured more than not, and for England. 

It’s not the best location up at that stadium, awful traffic near the Trafford Centre and motorways! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

Looks like it fits together easily and cleanly? Any razorblades in the candy floss of life so far? 

Not really. A neat little kit. The intakes are a tad clumsy around the apertures, but filler and filing largely does the job.

It's certainly fun to build. 

And quick!

Wheels etc on. No issues at all with these. Very precise. Minimal filler - just as well as I'm getting used to the Vallejo stuff.

Edited by Big Dave S
Additional info
  • Like 5

1609878233961-1107723162

Still adding filler. Small areas only. Vallejo stuff ok for narrow seams, but Milliput better for filling dips and holes.

Some minor painting tonight: areas the airbrush would miss.

Now, if only I had some decent reference material...

• Like 9