Revell 1/144 U-Boat VII C/41

Valkyrie

Thanks @ModelMonkey it’s still sore to touch inside my finger if that makes sense....it was more of a deep stab than a slash. 
I really like the Revell u-boats too and might dabble in some ship action. I’ve got a type 7 1/72 in the garage for a summer project.

Next up for this will be paint chipping and 7 colours of rust

5 hours ago, ModelMonkey said:

Interesting thread here for a few reasons, one being that I like the Revell u-boats, having done ones in 1:72, 1:144 and 1:350. All modelling related stuff on here looks great so far. 

On the other front, I picked up a necrotising infection in my finger after a very innocuous looking cut got infected. I was very close to losing to my fingertip and even now (6 years later) have lasting nerve damage and am missing a chunk out of the top of my digit. Did little to improve my modelling or bass playing, but I did end up with a great set of grisly (and gristly) photos to show off to anyone who wants to see them! 

I don’t mind seeing you u boat photos and everyone loves a modelling injury photo 

• 5 weeks later...

Had a couple of days off so managing a bit of bench time. Starting the weathering with rust. Got Ammo oil brush and the Lifecolor rust set so hopefully a real Arctic weathered flaking faded effect can be achieved 

51161529791_507dfe6836_b.jpg

And now at that point...do I stop or continue weathering or probably do too much....

51162725259_93cb68276b_b.jpg

• Like 3