Elephant Walk

To finish up 2020 I thought I'd get the collection (started in 2017 with Gibson's G George) out for an elephant walk.  With 28 planes, though, single file would have been highly impractical so here is the Buckley Air Force in full rock n roll regalia.  Two more planes, built in flight, are not shown and there are a few which sadly ended up in landfills when the frustration of trying to get the blasted things together got too much for me.  Admittedly I don't have much skill but at least the hobby keeps me out of pubs and away from fast women.  My wife thinks I'm quite mad... And she may be right!

EW 2

EW 1

• Like 36

Hi Pete,

rather impressive array of models. At least you are building, and that is what matters! They all look rather nice.

Congrats!!!

By the way, fast women are overrated. Slow ones have tons of merit!!!

Have a great New Year, and my best wishes to your long suffering wife. Being married to a  nutter can be exhausting. Ask mine...

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Would you have a bit more info about scale and make maybe?

All 1:72 and varied brands, can't remember which kite was what make, though and all straight out of the box except for safety belts made from tape and a bit of sculpting to turn the blue and white Spit in front into a pylon racer and the blue and white Halifax at back left into an airliner.  I also don't give much thought to variants so I can't really identify them much beyond, "That's a P 38, that's a Hunter, that's a P 47, that's a Mozzie" and so forth.  I'm not exactly a rivet counter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work Pete and great collection. You have done very well there.   It does look very impressive and like you say it keeps you out of the pub.  I keep telling SWMBO this so despite buying these models I am saving money overall!!!

Happy New Year fella

Chris 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happy New Year! 

Love the  Airforce.. my SWMBO when shown my latest model just smiles nicely and says That's Nice Dear.. and when exactly  are my kitchen cupboards going to get painted? 🤔  

i cant complain really.. we both play the game... and it's a case of give and take with our respective hobbies! I'm very lucky 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Uncle Pete said:

...at least the hobby keeps me out of pubs and away from fast women. 

You say that like it's a good thing!    :)

Great collection. Hope you have a display case so they won't have to get dusted often.

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Hope you have a display case

I promised her ladyship I'd only have one small display case so I have to rotate the collection between that and storage.  (The case protects not only from dust but also from cat attacks).  This was the first time they've all been in one place at one time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

it keeps you out of the pub.  I keep telling SWMBO this so despite buying these models I am saving money overall!!!

My other money-saving rationalisation for the missus... "Could be worse... Could be golf!"

• Haha 2

A beautiful model collection, they look great 👍. Shame some ended up in the tip ,donot worry about your other half thinking your mad i have brother inlaws and other people who shall remain nameless say iam playing with toys .  If you enjoy it thats all that matters  ,happy new year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1