vytautas

39 minutes ago, Longbow said:

COOKIES ??!!

I understand that it came out badly with cookies, I’m so sorry, it won’t happen again! I didn't want that to happen! I really had no nasty intentions! Forgive me at this time! :tmi:

:rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 3

Just now, vytautas said:

I understand that it came out badly with cookies, I’m so sorry, it won’t happen again! I didn't want that to happen! I really had no nasty intentions! Forgive me at this time! :tmi:

:rofl:

Vytautas

At least you never mentioned choc chip mate 🤣🤣👍

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!
Here is evidence of my laziness. Others do the two models in three weeks, and I only this:

spacer.png

I changed a little the radio rack, made the connectors for the cables and the base for attaching the first aid kit.

spacer.png

I made the casting numbers (cut letters and numbers from the sprue label) and carved a gap in the transmission cover.

And glued tracks

Vytautas

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Others do the two models in three weeks, and I only this:

Ah, yes, that's as maybe, but, look at the amount of detail that you are putting into it. Excellent work.

John.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Ah, yes, that's as maybe, but, look at the amount of detail that you are putting into it. Excellent work.

John.

Thanks, John, just would like to do it faster.

But we sometimes want the weirdest things... :D

Vytautas

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Again, I am demonstrating the tremendous speed of modeling. It’s hard to believe, but I managed to make a fire extinguisher during that time from a scratch:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The German fire extinguishers inside were sometimes red.

Vytautas

• Like 15

36 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Top quality work mate :thumbsup:

Thanks you

29 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Excellent work looks great.....now get a move on otherwise the extinguisher will be out of date before it's been used 😂👍

I foresaw that this could happen, so I didn't intentionally write an expiration date on the fire extinguisher :rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Very nice, Vytautas, lovely detail here, lots of nice touches, looks great...

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That looks superb Vytautas. I hope that it will still be seen in the finished model.

1 hour ago, diablo rsv said:

Some great detailing work Vytautas. Nice use of the sprue letters and the fire extinguisher is excellent.

Wayne.

44 minutes ago, APA said:

Amazing stuff. A model in its own right 👌👍

Thank you, chaps, for your very kind words.

Vytautas

• Like 2

stunning... and dont worry about speed - art takes time.... i need some good references for the Wespe if you have any.... ABER & Eduard PE will only get me so far i think

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robw_uk said:

stunning... and dont worry about speed - art takes time.... i need some good references for the Wespe if you have any.... ABER & Eduard PE will only get me so far i think

Hi Rob, thank you for the kind words.

Here some useful links for Wespe - some magazines, for downloading select "Download ZIP":

1. Wydawnictwo Militaria 233 Wespe

2. Wydawnictwo Militaria 58 Wespe

3. Nuts & Bolts 02 Sd Kfz 124 WESPE Warbook

Reference photos and video: click1, click2, click3

And in the Tamiya kit is missing a radio station umformer, which must be on the shelve under the radio. Here radio station Fusprech f reference: click. On the photo of radio cover is the wiring diagram.

I hope to see your new Wespe project soon!

Vytautas

PS. calameo.download is a great resource with a lot of literature but no search engine. But you can use google for that: open Google, in the search field type what you are looking for, type prefix "site:" and specify the site where to search. For example:
wespe site:calameo.download

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

Are you going to leave the barrel out of battery at full recoil?  Was it withdrawn for travelling?

Definitely not. Parts of the cannon are not glued yet for easier painting, I just didn't notice while photographing that the barrel is in an incorrect position. When painted, I will glue it correctly

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 1