vytautas

Nice job again. I'm not making any progress with either my Wespe or Marder I lately. I'll just enjoy your progress for now.

BTW, where does the first aid box go in Marder I? I might add one too.

Thanks ,
Nanond

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Very nice Vytautas, your detail work is excellent,  the radio looks great...

10 hours ago, Nanond said:

Nice job again. I'm not making any progress with either my Wespe or Marder I lately. I'll just enjoy your progress for now.

BTW, where does the first aid box go in Marder I? I might add one too.

Thank you both for your kind words
I don’t know where the first aid kit was. I tried to imagine where it could be installed comfortably and easily accessible, and such a place turned out to be on the right side near the cannon. (The location of the first aid kit is a gray rectangle with curbs).

spacer.png

But that is my interpretation. I thought I could interpret the interior freely enough for a number of reasons: I didn’t find any good wartime interior photos, Saumur Marder isn’t absolutely original and there are no more survivors, and looking at the ww2 photos, you can see that the Marders were different.
So, I created the interior myself based on the principle: who can deny that this was not the case...

Vytautas

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Thank you both for your kind words
I don’t know where the first aid kit was. I tried to imagine where it could be installed comfortably and easily accessible, and such a place turned out to be on the right side near the cannon. (The location of the first aid kit is a gray rectangle with curbs).

spacer.png

But that is my interpretation. I thought I could interpret the interior freely enough for a number of reasons: I didn’t find any good wartime interior photos, Saumur Marder isn’t absolutely original and there are no more survivors, and looking at the ww2 photos, you can see that the Marders were different.
So, I created the interior myself based on the principle: who can deny that this was not the case...

Vytautas

"So, I created the interior myself based on the principle: who can deny that this was not the case..."      🤣      that's great Vytautas, I like that ...... 

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Awsome work Vytautas!

Thank you for your feedback, Nenad!

I forgot to write that the cannon is not finished yet. I will make traces of exploitation, dirt, and soot on the barrel when the whole model is painted. And only now I saw that I forgot to connect the electrical cable between the trigger (red knob) and the initiation box on the canon cradle.  

Vytautas

I like the metallic effects, Vytautas. The cannon really looks like painted steel because of them. Is the rough pitted heavy metal texture on the barrel something you added or is that part of the kit? I really like that!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Callahan said:

Excellent and stunning work Vytautas.

2 hours ago, SoftScience said:

I like the metallic effects, Vytautas. The cannon really looks like painted steel because of them. Is the rough pitted heavy metal texture on the barrel something you added or is that part of the kit? I really like that!

Thank you very much both!

I made the steel texture by painting. I used four coats of paint, the bottom of dark steel, the other with different shades of dunkelgelb.  Before painting a new layer, I rubbed through the already painted one.  (I used chipping fluid between the coats of paint). This created many shades and a heavy metal surface. Probably the texture is a little too rough, but in reality, looks better than in the photo.

Vytautas

• Like 3

As above, loving the gun, very nice paint indeed !..

I seem to recall trying to scratch build an SP gun on a 38t chassis when I was about 12, back in the days when there weren't any kits of more "unusual" vehicles !

Edited by Pig of the Week
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, vytautas said:

I forgot to write that the cannon is not finished yet.

Even in it's unfinished state, it still looks great. Really nice work with the chipping.

John.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Very nice Vytautas, your detail painting and chipping looks excellent...

Thanks, Ed for commenting and looking in

4 hours ago, vaoinas said:

The gun looks great, mate.

Even though I haven't built any, I love these open top vehicles and going to keep keen eye on this project.

Thanks Kristjan, much appreciated. Yes, open-top vehicles look interesting, there are many mechanisms and various technical details inside, I especially like German ww2 vehicles, its design, in my opinion, is simply the best.

3 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

As above, loving the gun, very nice paint indeed !..

I seem to recall trying to scratch build an SP gun on a 38t chassis when I was about 12, back in the days when there weren't any kits of more "unusual" vehicles !

Thanks, much appreciated. As a child, I built only two plastic models, a plane and a helicopter, both scary...

2 hours ago, Vaastav said:

Ok Vytautas, we all know you took a real one and shrunk it down. 

And I thought I'd manage to hide it... How did you get that? :rofl:

16 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Even in it's unfinished state, it still looks great. Really nice work with the chipping.

Hi John, thank you for the kind words.

Vytautas

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Peter Browne said:

Looking forward to the next installment, as I'm in the middle of building this kit.

I hope your strong will hasn't won again!

Peter

Thanks, Peter!
My willpower has weakened a little bit, so I have not yet started creating a new model. And yes, I understand, it looks bad (my body probably lacks vitamins after winter) :rofl:

I started to paint Marder, but I haven't finished yet, because I don't have time for this now. I made two seats for the fighting compartment from scratch. I made one of them without the soft part - instead of it, a real pillow is tied, I think it is more interesting.

spacer.png

Yes, seats look ugly in the photo, but it's not finished yet.

Hope to continue after Easter

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

I made one of them without the soft part - instead of it, a real pillow is tied, I think it is more interesting.

I very much agree. Crews on both sides frequently availed themselves of items they knew would be useful from the surrounding countryside. Food, livestock, scrap metal for extra armour and, of course, pillows might all be "liberated" for use by the combatants.

I like this nice detail. It tells a little story about the occupants of your Marder on its travels.

• Thanks 1