2020- shelved projects, rebuilds and new some projects

paulsbrown

MiG-23MS Red Eagles YF-113E from the secretive American Red Eagles squadron under the Constant Peg program out of Tonopah, Nevada in the 80s.

21P1kxQ.jpgwB78XUI.jpgLwbltfA.jpg

MiG-21 F-13 Red Eagles YF-110B Ex Indonesian aircraft also in the Red Eagles.

BYiDWwE.jpg

u1lhXI0.jpg

I stripped down this Hi Kit resin 1/48 MiG Ye-8 Prototype Red 82, rebuilt the cockpit and gave it a better paint job

on9PdMH.jpg

And I did the same for an old Italeri Eurofighter, I stripped it and rebuilt it as the second prototype to pose with the Ye-8 and a Chinese Chengdu J-10, all are canard/delta winged aircraft

3JvWYux.jpg

I can't resist an Aggressor, this was a fairly quick build of the Wingman Models F-21A

02Hm5UE.jpg

A very easy build of the Micro Mir 1/350 Project 1710 Beluga

bff2D3o.jpg

I had shelved the Tamiya F-14A after attempting to make it the red striped wolf livery of the first cruise VF-1 Wolfpack that I really liked a lot but the red paint went a bit wrong so after a spell I decided that the VF-84 scheme was probably the coolest scheme ever so went with the kit's decals - which were amazing. Perfectly cut for the kit.

oFjqRrw.jpg

I had no idea the old US Marines TF-9J Cougars were used in Vietnam until I read a magazine article explaining their use as Forward Air Controllers. The photos showed some gun exhaust grimy well used aircraft which led to this 'quick' build (the kit is no Tamiya...) which was not an easy build.

cmbzgyV.jpg

And finally to end the year the Collect-Aire resin YF-23, a great kit, half built but then shelved for years. Recent info allowed me to finally accurately build the cockpit and so built the Hobbyboss YF-23 at the same time as the second prototype. Both aircraft competed against the YF-22 Advanced Tactical Fighter contract which eventually led to the F-22A Raptor.

W8O0LtQ.jpg

esLxvbY.jpg

And the last thing I finished in 2020, not a model but it did have a lot of detail painting....Happy New Year

dwxISO2.jpg

• Like 26