Recollections of RIAT 2005

Alpha Delta 210

5 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

I do miss the B-1 and B-52 displays (well fly-bys would be more accurate). Hopefully we might see some nice formations with these one day. And a Blackjack maybe?

Hi Sabrejet. I miss the USAF "heavies" as well. A medium-level pass by a B-2 is not quite the same! However, I guess that we will be grateful for anything next year!

• Like 2

Presumably one of your earliest photo assignments with a digital SLR Leigh?  I didn't start with digital until 2006 and my earliest efforts were far inferior to your images which are great. Its good to see the US heavies and blue skies. Let's hope that RIAT shows of that caliber will return in 2021.

All the best and Happy New Year to you and all at BM.

Mark

• Thanks 1

A eclectic mix of different types sadly now just memories it's going to be dull as dishwater soon @ RIAT  much as I love going not much variety left.

A great collection of Pics AD I'm repeating myself but I really enjoy your pics.

Happy New Year 

regards

Eamonn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canberraman said:

Presumably one of your earliest photo assignments with a digital SLR Leigh?  I didn't start with digital until 2006 and my earliest efforts were far inferior to your images which are great. Its good to see the US heavies and blue skies. Let's hope that RIAT shows of that caliber will return in 2021.

All the best and Happy New Year to you and all at BM.

Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for the kind words! These shots were amongst the first taken with my brand new Nikon D70 with 70-300mm Nikkor zoom.

As you say, fingers crossed for a return to normality soon. In the meantime, I will continue flicking through my Air Tattoo 50th anniversary book, recalling the good times...

Happy New Year .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

A eclectic mix of different types sadly now just memories it's going to be dull as dishwater soon @ RIAT  much as I love going not much variety left.

A great collection of Pics AD I'm repeating myself but I really enjoy your pics.

Happy New Year 

regards

Eamonn

Thanks again, Eamonn. I have enjoyed trawling through the archives, recalling some of the great shows in more relaxed times.

Happy New Year.

Beautiful photos!   

I am in midst of scanning my old negatives and have hundreds literally to go through still and many air shows of the past 30 years among them. One day I will post a selection here when I find and fix them suitable for posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Paul. I'm pleased that you enjoyed them.

My Dad was a professional photographer and tried to encourage me to take up the hobby in my teens. I wasn't particularly interested and sold the Praktica that Dad had given me.

Most of my aircraft photos are from the digital age when I became interested again. (Sadly after my Dad had died).

I look forward to seeing your scans!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, F-32 said:

Great shots, really nice to see :clap:

Thanks F-32. I'm pleased you enjoyed them!

17 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Nice Sea Harriers miss them at VL doing their fuel to noise conversion in the hover ....used to annoy me lots 😁

Ha ha! Thanks  very much.

Lovely images mate. 2005 was my first RIAT, remember it well. As a 15 year old it was rather splendid. I was sitting on the grass near the runway when the B-1 and B-52 took off. The noise was spectacular!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Lovely images mate. 2005 was my first RIAT, remember it well. As a 15 year old it was rather splendid. I was sitting on the grass near the runway when the B-1 and B-52 took off. The noise was spectacular!

Thanks Dave. We must have been at the same end, as I've got some images of the heavies taxying and holding at the end of the runway. (Actually, I'm probably mistaken for another year!)