Me 163 B-1a

Greg Law

Thanks guys. 

Well this one will not be a non starter. I’ve black based and given the cockpit the main coat of RLM66.

I think this is going to be a quick build.  Made faster by my new spray booth.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm adding another build to this thread. I bought this at the same time as the main Me 163 kit and promised to build both. 

It is the first Komet. Me 163A

This is a 1/48 short run Flashback kit.

After dry fitting the main parts it looks an easy build. 

Simple RLM02 scheme.

Komet image1

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent progress Greg. That yellow nose must have started to look worn and tatty on the real machine fairly quickly I'd have thought so better not to be too perfect :) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Me 163 B-1 is getting  close to finishing now. Will done by the weekend.  I had a lot of trouble getting the open  skid on. In the end I have given up and chosen to have it closed. Anyway I'm happy with the result.

• Like 2

This project will be delayed a few days. We have very high humidity here at the moment. Making it very risky to give the plane it's final clearcoat. Also the masks I used on the canopy didn't work very well. I won't be using that brand again. As a result I need to give it a bit more of a cleanup. 

Definitely too humid today. I painted some parts on mt S-38 this morning and my glasses fogged up.

I will finish the the Me 163-b1 today. I should be able to get photos in the next few days. 

I'm not happy with the canopy and on top of that this idiot forgot to remove the internal masks that were on the inside of the 

Fuselage windows. Fortunately they are black.

Finished. Definitely not one of my best builds.

I used a bit of brass wire for the pilot tube because a plastic one wouldn't survive five minutes with me.

I will do galley images in a few days. 

Me 163 image5

• Like 6

Well I have decided I still have a few days, so I have used Isopol thinner to remove the bad canopy paint work and dipped it in Future.  

I managed to get the saddle off with no damage and removed the interior masks.

Sometimes you have to say things are not good enough to accept and do something about it.

• Like 2