HMS Lord Nelson 1/350

Well not quite done for the 28th but only a couple of days over the deadline I had set myself to be fair I did have 2 birthdays to sort stuff for missus b and our son have the same birthday expensive time of year around here  :doh:

Anyway calling this done my take on the last Pre-Dreadnought built for the Royal Navy at Palmers yard Jarrow on the Tyne again another one form near where I live

I have added a wooden deck from wood hunter and the cage aerial spreaders from WEM that nearly had me taken away a proper PITA they look ok but hope that has given me some experience for the next ones on a future project yes a glutton for punishment I know.

So here it is I have noticed after taking the photos that I have a couple of paint spots to remove from the port and forward turrets macro shows all the things my old eyes miss. :yikes:

WIP here  https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235065427-hms-lord-nelson/

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe and Best Wishes

beefy

Edited by beefy66
Link added
  • Like 42

Cracking build there Beefy. The aerials may have been a pita but you've got them looking  👌

Another wonderful seascape as well, well done!

Geoff 

• Thanks 1

That really does look good, she was a very handsome old thing & your display, especially with that superb sea base, sets it off wonderfully well. Those aerials are a triumph of modelling art & scare the living heck out of me if I attempt one of these. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

That's a superb model, really well built and finished and set off beautifully by the sea base! Those cage aerials look excellent too - I once bought a WEM set for a Trumpeter HMS Dreadnought - took one look and sold the whole lot untouched at Telford a couple of weeks later - they were well beyond my fumble thumbs ability! 

Top work!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Gent's thanks for all the kind words and likes.

@Courageous Stuart no fooling you

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

I have to ask, are they torpedo nets that you added last minute and didn't mention in your build? What did you use them?

Although I did mention in the last post of the WIP I was going to add the torpedo nets but that is what delayed me slightly, I had three goes at making the nets from old net curtain material and a gauze bandage but they looked terrible. So while looking around the garage for something for a job for missus b I spotted an old window blind we had recently replaced and swiftly took off the pull cord which was a better size/width cut it to length and and stained it using a Raw Umber oil wash left it to dry and fixed it to the shelves. I also added the boom ropes along the hull sides I nicked that idea from @robgizlu after seeing his Berwick build I do have the odd light bulb moment now and then.  :idea:

Here's to a very productive and Happy New Year to you ALL

beefy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gidday Beefy, those comments above pretty much say it all. I'm interested in how you did the torpedo nets. I have two WW1 German battleships, neither with the nets and I was thinking of trying to add them to one of the models (when I finally get around to doing them), but I had no idea how. You've given me something to think about. Thanks. Congratulations on completing the build. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 11:29 AM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Beefy, those comments above pretty much say it all. I'm interested in how you did the torpedo nets. I have two WW1 German battleships, neither with the nets and I was thinking of trying to add them to one of the models (when I finally get around to doing them), but I had no idea how. You've given me something to think about. Thanks. Congratulations on completing the build. Regards, Jeff.

On 12/31/2020 at 3:51 PM, BeeKay said:

She’s looking superb mate, well worth the toil and looks great based up 👍

On 12/31/2020 at 4:07 PM, longshanks said:

Cracking job Keith, beautifully presented

Kudos to a master at his art

Stay safe

Kev

On 1/1/2021 at 11:35 AM, Nick Charnock said:

Beautiful job Keith, especially on that sea base.

Cheers

Nick

On 1/1/2021 at 12:35 PM, Homer said:

What a beautiful model, looks fantastic on its base ,well done .

On 1/1/2021 at 5:09 PM, stevej60 said:

Superb build and finished off with that beautiful seascape Beefy,great work all round!

Gent's Thank you again for all of your kind comments and likes.

beefy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...