VW Beetle Work in progress(maybe)

Foxy1972

OK so I'm finished with the chassis, I tried to replicate oil build up rust corrosion..so this allowed me to start some assembly.. Looking at it now I'm not sure if I've over done the weathering a tad.. But with way I'll take something from this.. 

So I'm on to the interior now and scratching my head, so if anyone has any hints tips or methods for weathering an interior I'd appreciate some guidance... I'm look for used but definitely serviceable it will be a running car..

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

Looking good, although I have to confess, I wouldn't like to take it for an MOT!!!

Re the interior would some paper be good to recreate tears in the vinyl  or cover in something to represent a blanket covering ripped sears for example.   

Great work 

Chris 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an update I'm just looking for some thoughts opinions advice now.. I started to paint the body work today and got to this point with further intentions of painting the rest in vw beetle blue with chipping of course... However the wife chipped in and said that I should leave as is... And now I'm unsure of myself! 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Just a quick update.. Finally finished the chassis and now have most of the interior fitted.. I tried to replicate worn and torn seats with tissue paper and sponge it hasn't turned out quite how I had hoped though.. Just waiting on some washes now to add some dirt and grime to the interior and seats... So i guess my next post will be of the finished model :)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've finally finished.. I have to say I'm quite happy with the result for my first attempt at both weathering and building a car... I've learnt a lot of do's and do not's what will work and what won't... So maybe I'll have another attempt at some point in the future... spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9

Looks great the painted door, bonnet and decklid look fantastic and the seat covers look awesome.  Fantastic job and I have seen worse in the scene .  A lot of the Rat look cars had immaculate underpinnings and a nice shiny wheels  and left the bodywork but also seen some where the wheels were left as is too, so a grand job.

Chris

• Thanks 1