1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - new boxing

Homebee

46 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I've bought decals from Mojehobby/Superhobby but always fond the cost of a kit too expensive for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. :unsure:

Do you mean the cost of the kits themselves or the total combined with shipping? 

It might be that the calculator doesn't show the actual shipping costs. Usually Polish Post is an affordable option, but if it's not actually available when ordering, that would explain it. 

I usually order pretty big packages to Finland, and the Polish Post option is not available. It could be that there's a size and weight limit, and if it's exceeded, Polish Post is not available, only other options. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Yup

I've bought decals from Mojehobby/Superhobby but always fond the cost of a kit too expensive for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. :unsure:

Steve.

I have no self-control. Bought the new Special Hobby F-84 for NZ$37 plus $9 postage- pretty good I think. Sorry for derailing the thread!

To keep it on track, the Arma P-51 is the nicest model I’ve ever built by quite some margin. That delux combo looks excellent.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 10:27 AM, TheKinksFan said:

This kit will be later available with other retailers. Arma Hobby's recent Hurricane dual combo is most probably the same size and weight as the upcoming Mustang combo. On Mojehobby.com (excellent place for all kits and modelling stuff, no affiliation) there's a shipping calculator. I typed the weight and and order value of that Hurricane kit. Two of the cheapest options were 16 and 19.60 NZD. I don't know what shipping from Arma Hobby to NZ costs, but if the calculator shows the true cost, it's at least  less than AH's shipping to Finland (24.50 NZD) which is close to Poland.

You can check yourself, create an account, make an "order" with that Hurricane kit, it will show the actual shipping costs, before you have to finalize anything. One important thing, Super-Hobby and Mojehobby are the same company, but it's better to order from Mojehobby.pl and pay in Polish currency, the prices are lower than in Super-Hobby were you can choose from different currencies. I just use Google translate as the site is in Polish.

It is true what you say, but you describe it way too complicated. You can just use super-hobby site in whatever language you prefer, but change currency to PLN always as products are cheapest that way (not talking about shipping price). I put goods worth 200 Euro in my basket, change currency to PLN and it says 774 zloti. If I convert that to Euro it is only about 180!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drake122 said:

It is true what you say, but you describe it way too complicated. You can just use super-hobby site in whatever language you prefer, but change currency to PLN always as products are cheapest that way (not talking about shipping price). I put goods worth 200 Euro in my basket, change currency to PLN and it says 774 zloti. If I convert that to Euro it is only about 180!

Good to know, I wasn't aware that it was possible to change the currency to PLN. 20€ is quite a big difference.