1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - new boxing

Homebee

47 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Am I losing the plot? Was an Arma Hobby P/F-51D Mustang in 1/72 mentioned for release this year? Did I dream it? DidI misunderstand? 

Thanks from te ever hopeful, Martin

Correct, though it's now Christmas or new year.

I’ll suggest that ‘mystery announcement’ will be of a Spitfire XlVe.

It bears the same relationship to the Merlin variants as the P-51B/C does to the D.  No shortage of excellent kits of D’s or Merlin Spitfires but hitherto no ’quality’ B/C or XlV .

By all accounts the B/C was a runaway success, so it would make good sense to repeat with the Spitfire.  I’ll guess, initially, high back with fuselage parts on a separate sprue: low back (on its own sprue) to follow later.  Don’t think we’ll see a ‘c’ wing: not that many built.

And when?  Well 29th is my birthday: or is that just wishful thinking?

Oh yes: I’ve never been right with any prediction…

• Like 5

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released

A Spitfire is a Spitfire is a Spitfire.

Instead of 35543377863257636 x e^pi versions of one plane, you should wish a new plane kit, that is only available from Bronze Age moulds or in resin bricks or not even available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Well, going against the trend I’m holding out for an Arma D-model Mustang :). It really can’t be so hard!

This has already been announced: release around Christmas if I remember correctly.  Even if this had not been, look at the B\C sprue layout and content.

8 hours ago, Denford said:

This has already been announced: release around Christmas if I remember correctly.  Even if this had not been, look at the B\C sprue layout and content.

Yes, mate. It really isn’t much of a leap to get a D/K done ;). As was said above, there are already Ds on the market but it is time for an improved issue. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

It really isn’t much of a leap to get a D/K done ;). As was said above, there are already Ds on the market but it is time for an improved issue. :)

Why? A Mustang is a Mustang is a Mustang :P

/runs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Options in the box (pics of decals aren't available yet)

P-51B-15-NA Mustang, No. 43-248423/B6-S, “Old Crow”, pilot: Cpt. Clarence “Bud” Anderson, 363rd Fighter Squadron, 357th Fighter Group, June-July 1944.

P-51B-7-NA Mustang, No. 43-6964/C3-G, “The Mighty Midget”, pilot: 1st. Lt. James H. Clark, 382nd Fighter Squadron, 363rd Fighter Group, Maupertus, France, July 1944

P-51B-10-NA Mustang, No. 42-106473/G4-N , “Geronimo”, pilot: Cpt. John Pugh, 362nd Fighter Squadron, 357th Fighter Group, June 1944.

P-51B-15-NA Mustang, No. 42-106872/PE-T, “Patty Ann II”, pilot: John F. Thornell jr., 328th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group,

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 10:44 AM, Denford said:

I’ll suggest that ‘mystery announcement’ will be of a Spitfire XlVe.

It bears the same relationship to the Merlin variants as the P-51B/C does to the D.  No shortage of excellent kits of D’s or Merlin Spitfires but hitherto no ’quality’ B/C or XlV .

By all accounts the B/C was a runaway success, so it would make good sense to repeat with the Spitfire.  I’ll guess, initially, high back with fuselage parts on a separate sprue: low back (on its own sprue) to follow later.  Don’t think we’ll see a ‘c’ wing: not that many built.

And when?  Well 29th is my birthday: or is that just wishful thinking?

Oh yes: I’ve never been right with any prediction…

Amen to that.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

reposting under the appropriate subject 

From yesterday’s newsletter “Last weekend, Arma Hobby officially presented itself at the modelling show for the first time. We took part in the Babaryba Warsaw Modeling Festival. We showed the first assembled Hurricane Mk IIc model in 1/48 scale and a large 3D print of the next project in 1/72 scale - the P-51D Mustang.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?
On 10/9/2022 at 11:12 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I know there are other kits out there, does anyone think Arma will do the P-51H ? 

I very much hope so. If not them, then Modesvit 1/48 scaled down. The RS, CMR and High Planes kits all have shape issues, though the RS is probably the best detailed and most correctable.

Justin

• Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - new boxing
Posted (edited)

Double kit P-51 B Mustang with 3D printed accessories

- ref. 70069 - North American P-51 B Mustang - Deluxe set

Source: https://www.armahobby.com/70069-p-51-b-mustang-deluxe-set.html

gallery-664763da247ed-70069-blg-1.jpg

"Pre-order the Double Mustang from Arma Hobby

17-05-2024

In celebration of the upcoming anniversary of D-Day, the Normandy landings, we have a special treat for you! This June, a luxurious version of the P-51 B Mustang™ model in 1/72 scale will be available to modelers. It's not just a model – it's a true gem for every collector.

What's in the box?

Two sets of plastic parts – perfect for creating a double dose of history.

Huge decal sheet with 8+1 bonus markings – experience the atmosphere of the European Theater of Operations in World War II.

3D accessories and masks – allowing you to build 2-3 Mustang B/C models.

Pre-order details:

Pre-order start: You can reserve your copy right now!

Order shipping: Between June 6th and 13th.

New in our offer:

New accessory set – A 3D print file with a set of wheels for the Mustang, featuring two different treads. Perfect for personalizing your model.

Hobby 2000 models – Check out our new offerings of aircraft and combat vehicles from Hobby 2000. Additionally, a few pieces from older series that were still in our warehouse are back on sale. This might be your last chance to purchase these unique sets!

Why not commemorate historical moments with top-notch model making?"

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Curse them, how dare they bring out a set like this with two of my favourite scheme, its just not fair!.  :( :D 

Steve.

It’s a very reasonable price too… until you factor in shipping down here!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Karearea said:

This kit will be later available with other retailers. Arma Hobby's recent Hurricane dual combo is most probably the same size and weight as the upcoming Mustang combo. On Mojehobby.com (excellent place for all kits and modelling stuff, no affiliation) there's a shipping calculator. I typed the weight and and order value of that Hurricane kit. Two of the cheapest options were 16 and 19.60 NZD. I don't know what shipping from Arma Hobby to NZ costs, but if the calculator shows the true cost, it's at least  less than AH's shipping to Finland (24.50 NZD) which is close to Poland.

You can check yourself, create an account, make an "order" with that Hurricane kit, it will show the actual shipping costs, before you have to finalize anything. One important thing, Super-Hobby and Mojehobby are the same company, but it's better to order from Mojehobby.pl and pay in Polish currency, the prices are lower than in Super-Hobby were you can choose from different currencies. I just use Google translate as the site is in Polish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, M.T.Dolby said:

Just pre-ordered mine and including delivery to U.K. was £35 which is pretty reasonable for a dual boxing IMHO

As you don't obviously pay the VAT when ordering, do you have to pay it once the package in in the UK? 

Edited by TheKinksFan

1 hour ago, Karearea said:

Yup

38 minutes ago, TheKinksFan said:

This kit will be later available with other retailers. Arma Hobby's recent Hurricane dual combo is most probably the same size and weight as the upcoming Mustang combo. On Mojehobby.com (excellent place for all kits and modelling stuff, no affiliation) there's a shipping calculator. I typed the weight and and order value of that Hurricane kit. Two of the cheapest options were 16 and 19.60 NZD. I don't know what shipping from Arma Hobby to NZ costs, but if the calculator shows the true cost, it's at least  less than AH's shipping to Finland (24.50 NZD) which is close to Poland.

You can check yourself, create an account, make an "order" with that Hurricane kit, it will show the actual shipping costs, before you have to finalize anything. One important thing, Super-Hobby and Mojehobby are the same company, but it's better to order from Mojehobby.pl and pay in Polish currency, the prices are lower than in Super-Hobby were you can choose from different currencies. I just use Google translate as the site is in Polish.

I've bought decals from Mojehobby/Superhobby but always fond the cost of a kit too expensive for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. :unsure:

Steve.