1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?

Homebee

5 hours ago, JTninja said:

Any ideas how  it compares to the Brengun A-36 kit?

It looks very good

If that was intended for me, I think these are completely different type of kits and different versions too, so in my opinion a direct comparison would be, honestly, unfair.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New boxings planned:

This will be followed by the P-51 C Mustang™ Mk III Model Kit in February, the F-6C Mustang™ in April, and the P-51 B/C Mustang™ Model Kit in June.

Also:

I will, however, confirm that existing projects will be continued, and hope that the following models will make it to market in 2022:

Hurricane Mk IIc on a scale of 1/48 in the first half of the year

Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat™ and P-51 D/K Mustang™ on a scale of 1/72 in the second half of the year.

The F4F-4 Wildcat™ Model Kit 1/72 scale will be available in January. This will be followed by the P-51 C Mustang™ Mk III Model Kit in February, the F-6C Mustang™ in April, and the P-51 B/C Mustang™ Model Kit in June. Successive boxes of the Hurricane Mk II are also planned, starting with the Eastern Front and the Mk IIa versions (also on a scale of 1/72).

Source:

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2021/12/31/a-summing-up-of-the-year-and-some-announcements/?utm_source=armahobbynews&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=P-51BC&utm_term=70038-podsumowanie-2021-2022&utm_content=en

Box art - release expected in February 2022 - ref. 70039 - N.A. P-51C Mustang Mk.III

https://www.armahobby.pl/70039-p-51c-mustang-mk-iii-model-kit.html

(...) This will be followed by the P-51 C Mustang™ Mk III Model Kit in February, the F-6C Mustang™ in April, and the P-51 B/C Mustang™ Model Kit in June.  (...)

big-70039-web.jpg

Techmod

- ref. TCH72009 - North American P-51 Mustang Mk. III

https://www.armahobby.pl/72009-north-american-p-51-mustang-iii.html

- ref. TCH72021 - North American P-51 Mustang Mk. III

https://www.armahobby.pl/72021-north-american-p-51-mustang-iii.html

- ref. TCH7228 - North American P-51 Mustang Mk. III

https://www.armahobby.pl/72028-north-american-p-51-mustang-iii.html

big-72009-okladka.jpg big-72021-okladka.jpg big-72028-okladka.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C released - Mk.III in January, F.6 in April & P-51B/C in June 2022

Source: http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2021/12/31/a-summing-up-of-the-year-and-some-announcements/

PER ASPERA AD ASTRA – THE MODEL OF THE MUSTANG

We overdid it with the Mustang model. Simply put, it has too many subvariants available straight out of the box, and thus it contains way too many parts and its instruction is perforce complicated. We wanted one kit to cover all available options, which would allow you to make any version matching your decals. The P-51 B/C Mustang™ Expert Set has standard American and British nationality markings. All that you need are numbers, codes and personal insignia in order to make any humpbacked Mustang with a Merlin engine!

p51b-render-ghosted-01a-1024x520.jpg

The division of the tail section raised some doubts during planning. I desperately wanted it to also be available in a version with the fin in front of the vertical stabilizer. Luckily, an opening for the fin can be made easily and simply by cutting from the inside with a fresh blade kept parallel to the longitudal section of the fuselage. It is equally easy to make an opening for the radio direction-finder and the cameras

As you may have noticed, the model contains a different type of masking than that used hitherto. Unfortunately, the Japanese masking paper, kabuki, was not available and we were forced to use a replacement. We will return to this material as soon as possible. The metal plates for the model were a long time coming: in November, the post needed four weeks to get them in from the Czech Republic.

p51b-render-ghosted-03a-1024x520.jpg

That the kit made it to the market at all is a miracle of sorts. Despite constant interruptions, quarantines and changes of contractors during the production process, we managed to get it to the shops before the end of the year. The model was available before Christmas and, thanks to you, became an enormous success. Please accept our thanks for your comments, reviews, and critique – both positive and negative. You have caused our model to gain immense popularity, encouraging many modellers to make a pre-Christmas purchase.

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2021/12/15/p-51-b-c-mustang-expert-set-first-build-gallery/

Many of you have asked about the plastic frames, the so-called “overtrees”: why weren’t they available at the première? The decision was taken when there was still no certainty whether the model would indeed be available in shops by year-end. We asked Michał, our head of shipments, if it would be at all possible to send the kit to modellers before Christmas. He replied immediately that “perhaps yes – if there are no overtrees”. Additional frames are an immense complication for mass packing, while without efficient packing there is no speedy shipment. This recently found confirmation during the packing of the very popular FM-1/FM-2 Wildcat™ Deluxe Set. An additional person was employed for this very purpose but mixed up the moulded pieces, placing two FM-1 frames in a few dozen boxes, without the FM-2 frames (we are sending the missing frames free of charge, see the link).

Thus, the overtrees will be available, however when everything calms down; hopefully when we commence marketing of the Mustang™ Mk III (see our announcement further on).

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 7:28 AM, Andre B said:

As the Arma P-51B/C has two tales one wonder how good one of them would fit the Airfix or Tamiya P-51D? Do we have an option here? 

Cheers / André 

When mine arrives, I'll be looking at whether the spare parts will be useful to improve the elevators and rudder on the Academy P-51 (Allison-powered). Since the tail section on the Academy P-51B is a whole separate assembly, what I had done previously is to cut off the tail of the P-51 and use the P-51B section. This works well, FWIW. The rib/fabric detail on the P-51 kit just doesn't look as good as that of the P-51B kit.

John

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

As far as I'm aware Academy have never done an Allison powered Mustang, just the Merlin powered B/C and D models.

P-51 Mustang "North Africa" Review by Glen Porter (Academy 1/72) (kitreview.com)

http://kits.kitreview.com/images/p51academyreviewgp_box.jpg

Regards, 

Michal

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today's email update from Arma says that the first run of these kits has sold out completely; information will be put up on Arma's web site later this week regarding preorders from the next batch (RAF Mustang III), as well as (at last!) the availability of overtrees. Get 'em now - prices are expected to rise as of February 1!

John

• Like 2

As oxymoronic as "the first run of these kits has sold out completely" / "Get 'em now" may sound, the Arma Hobby website is accepting pre-orders for a re-stock / second run of the Expert Set (70038) at the current price.

Jonathan.

Edited by Stilwell
Edited for clarification
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Stilwell said:

As oxymoronic as "the first run of these kits has sold out completely" / "Get 'em now" may sound, the Arma Hobby website is accepting pre-orders for a re-stock / second run of the Expert Set (70038) at the current price.

Jonathan.

Yeah, oxymoronicism 'R' Us, for sure. It was actually the overtrees I had in mind with the comment about "get 'em while you can" - in the past, overtrees have only been available for a limited time; e.g., the Yak-1b ones are no longer available, although, yes, the Wildcat ones can still be had. Maybe I should have said, "preorder 'em while you can". Regardless, the P-51B offer of three overtrees for 31.50 gross/25.61 net Euros looks like a screaming deal to me, even if you do have to order a full kit to qualify (or is it three? All it says is that they must be ordered in a "set"). So, preorder 'em while you can!!!

(Good luck with that - at the moment, Arma's web site seems to be jammed up - maybe from the seething mob of rabid P-51 enthusiasts preordering basketloads of overtrees...)

John

• Like 1

Good evening

The preorder for the P51 BC Mustang Mk III is ''opened'' 

https://www.armahobby.com/70039-p-51c-mustang-mk-iii-model-kit.html

For me 1 Mustang MkIII box with 3 Overtrees for  around 48 euros postage included who can resist such an offer ?

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C released - F.6 in April & new P-51B/C in June 2022
  • 1 month later...

It should be as a framed quote, but I can't make it:

Jan 27 @Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C released - F.6 in April & new P-51B/C in June 2022

I know you quoted this sentence straight from the official Arma Hobby newsletter. But they made a mistake there, and you repeated it here.

The correct statement should end with "& new P-51D/K in June 2022".

If it will ever be June 2022 for us....

Cheers

Michael

• Sad 1

I just priced up the current kit plus 3 overtrees to NZ, about NZ105-110 all up, NZ26-28 per frame, the decals of this kit would let me sell off a Revell kit I have, I already had decals for the two options in the first boxing I would have used so didn't buy that but at that price, even though it is a bit of a financial bite, I can easily :whistle: justify it. :)

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2